Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

LB looks like light shock to me, if the plants are new to LED this is common just raise the light another foot or 2 for a few days then start lowering them.

MDS did you notice and difference in the leaf to calyx ratio? Or anyone else familiar with HPS to compare leaf to calyx ratio vs LED
reading through different grows and journals....I have noticed that longtime HPS users love the switch to LED as long as the LED they switched it with was a decent one.

Hey BB if you look at my sig I have been growing for years and am currently using a TS3000 and a SF4000 having come from using MH/HPS. I also have a SP250.
How do you like them so far?

Both the TS3000 and SF4000 seem to have raised the leaf to calyx ratio significantly, meaning much more leaf matter. So not a fan of either really so far but that may change. I do like the lower electricity bill which was one of my main reasons for moving to LED. Wish my ballast had not blown so I could do a side by, but it lasted for around 10 years.

Both the TS3000 and SF4000 seem to have raised the leaf to calyx ratio significantly, meaning much more leaf matter.

I've been wondering about that, myself (in general, in regards to LED use, not any specific brands/models).

By the way, I ended up hovering my mouse cursor over your user name a little too long and the information pop-up appeared. I got a kick out of your "From:" text. In Search of Schrödinger's Cat: Quantum Physics and Reality made my head spin when I read it in high school.

Is it true that when an electron leaves one atom and "attaches itself" to another one, that it actually appears on the new one before it leaves the original one? If so, the universe is just about weird enough, already.

Girls under ts 3000, waiting for a blue berry headbang clone to fill my empty spot on the team.
IMG_20200326_084100961.jpg

LB looks like light shock to me, if the plants are new to LED this is common just raise the light another foot or 2 for a few days then start lowering them.

MDS did you notice any difference in the leaf to calyx ratio? Or anyone else familiar with HPS to compare leaf to calyx ratio vs LED

I am currently growing this strain under HPS and LED, separate rooms, separate locations; But I have not noticed anything significant in that regard, no.

It's not the number of plants, but the size of the area that is important. The TS-600 is good for 24" x 24" in veg or 18" x 18" in flower. I suggest two SP-150s instead of the TS-600. Their 26" length should fit well in your tent. You can use one for veg and light up the other for flowering. If it's too much light, you can dial them down a bit.

It's not the number of plants, but the size of the area that is important. The TS-600 is good for 24" x 24" in veg or 18" x 18" in flower. I suggest two SP-150s instead of the TS-600. Their 26" length should fit well in your tent. You can use one for veg and light up the other for flowering. If it's too much light, you can dial them down a bit.
Here's my current setup:

Obviously blurple. 2 vipar spectra 300W. One is an updated redder edition, the other is super blue.

Would the SP-250s outperform these cheapos?

Here's my current setup:

Obviously blurple. 2 vipar spectra 300W. One is an updated redder edition, the other is super blue.

Would the SP-250s outperform these cheapos?
Might even be able to fit the TSW-2000 in there.

SP-500......I mean I would rather run 2 SP-250's instead but it would be a nice option to see a SP light for bigger then 2x4. Also, if you'd like at any time to use any pictures I post or have posted or want to add my journal to your signature at anytime please feel free to. I am only documenting my grow under the SP-250 and TS-3000 but I also upload my other plants under my TSL-2000's and TS-1000.
I do want to put links to everyone ’s journal in my signature, and I did the same before. However, the administrator limited the length of my signature. One day after I woke up and landed on 420, I found that most of my signature disappeared. lol I plan to open a separate thread dedicated to the journal link for everyone :yummy:

Aloha! @SmokeSara

This Blueberry Auto is loving my Mars Hydro TS1000! She is going deep purple too. Aloha @TorturedSoul i’m using a TS1000 in a 2X2X4 tent and it’s working well for me.

:ganjamon:
Beautiful bud:thumb:

I do want to put links to everyone ’s journal in my signature, and I did the same before. However, the administrator limited the length of my signature. One day after I woke up and landed on 420, I found that most of my signature disappeared. lol I plan to open a separate thread dedicated to the journal link for everyone :yummy:

Starting a thread does not give you full control of a post. You can't edit posts after 420 minutes. There is one exception that I know of - your profile. You can add edit or delete entries at any time without a limit. I suggest using your profile, and keeping the area above your links cleaned out. This is an example of what I put together for another member:

Old Salt's Recommendation for extended signatures and links

A nice thing about this approach is that you can use all the options not available for signatures such as images and tables. Have fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom