My first question would be did you mix the two together or did you use FFHF for the seedlings and they are now in Promix?

I wouldn't pH the water that high. Typically Promix is buffered at 5.6 so you need to bring that number down a bit.
Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated. I have my soil mixed with equal parts ProMix & Fox Farm with a little perlite added.
Should I have just gone with one or the other?

Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated. I have my soil mixed with equal parts ProMix & Fox Farm with a little perlite added.
Should I have just gone with one or the other?
Yes, one or the other. The problem doing it the way you did is the buffering of the products. The Promix is designed to work on it's own as is the Happy Frog.
No big deal but pH'ing the nutes is more critical now. pH your nutes between 6.2 and 6.5. Promix has plenty of drainage in it and you've added perlite on top of that plus FFHF so it's hard to say what type of drainage you have going on right now.

Yes, one or the other. The problem doing it the way you did is the buffering of the products. The Promix is designed to work on it's own as is the Happy Frog.
No big deal but pH'ing the nutes is more critical now. pH your nutes between 6.2 and 6.5. Promix has plenty of drainage in it and you've added perlite on top of that plus FFHF so it's hard to say what type of drainage you have going on right now.
Ok, note taken. I will transplant my LSD seedling into only FoxFarm probably in the next week and see how it works out, should I add any perlite or just FoxFarm?

Ok, note taken. I will transplant my LSD seedling into only FoxFarm probably in the next week and see how it works out, should I add any perlite or just FoxFarm?
I use FF Ocean Forest, slightly stronger mix than the Happy Frog. I cut mine with 25% perlite for better drainage so the option is there.

Nice growth. I like the side by side pictures. Good idea.I agree with Mr. Sauga you should pick one soil and commit to it rather than mix the two. Also get your ph down to the lower end of the range. Never used promix but I have used Fox farms. I add 30% perilite to ffof to help with drainage.

Nice growth. I like the side by side pictures. Good idea.I agree with Mr. Sauga you should pick one soil and commit to it rather than mix the two. Also get your ph down to the lower end of the range. Never used promix but I have used Fox farms. I add 30% perilite to ffof to help with drainage.
Thanks, I think I’ll do the side by sides each week.
I’m going to transplant the LSD from solo cup into 5 gal of Fox Farm & perlite today, having never used any sort of good soil on my previous grow attempts I’m wondering if I should be using nutes right away with the Fox Farm Happy Frog? Or is there enough in the soil to feed for a while?

Also I cut some big fan leaves off of the one bushy Indie (picture is after I cut them an did a little LST)...was this a bad idea to do to such a young plant?

Attachments

• A71E7003-C137-409A-A273-10C40CB8BF38.jpeg
    A71E7003-C137-409A-A273-10C40CB8BF38.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • 48B70C77-4CBC-4C5E-9D45-C7E956B5A44F.jpeg
    48B70C77-4CBC-4C5E-9D45-C7E956B5A44F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
I do my first transplant to a one gallon pot then when the roots get to where I have to water about every two days I will up pot to the 5 gallon pot. As far as the indie not a bad idea at all the plant structure looks good. As far as nutrients you should be good till week 4 of veg. Then start off slow I generally start out at 50% of the recommended dose and go up from there if needed. Nice job.

Just picked this up for the tent , have never used any sort of co2 supplementation so any tips are more than welcome!
CO2 is heavy so you hang them high, but it goes against the grain when you are sucking it out with the fan I would think. I've never used them but hanging them high is what I see others do. So, others will probably be better at answering that :)

Do a search on CO2 bags here at the mag and see what you come up with :thumb:

CO2 is heavy so you hang them high, but it goes against the grain when you are sucking it out with the fan I would think. I've never used them but hanging them high is what I see others do. So, others will probably be better at answering that :)

From what I have been gathering , I’ll be able to run higher temps (about 85f) while using CO2 so I’m going to first slow my exhaust down a bit, watch my temps and Hopefully keep as much Co2 in there as possible

I have Carbon Pads, been wondering the same in regard to the extraction fan. I wondered if in a tent or grow room it shouldn't actually be hung low and as far away from the fan as possible. Hopefully drawing the CO2 through the plants before being sucked out?

I have Carbon Pads, been wondering the same in regard to the extraction fan. I wondered if in a tent or grow room it shouldn't actually be hung low and as far away from the fan as possible. Hopefully drawing the CO2 through the plants before being sucked out?
Good idea and it may work. Unless you have a CO2 meter in the tent and measured hi and lo areas for ppm levels I don't know if you would ever know. I think ideally it would be good to have it set on a relay output so each time the extraction fan turned on the CO2 was off, and on when the fan was not running.

Alright quick little run down of a few changes this week.
I transplanted my LSD seedling from its solo cup into a 5 gallon pot, where I’ll let it grow out as a mother plant for my next grow.

Added an Exhale CO2 bag , going to add another 1or 2 during flower.

Shut off exhaust fan and added another fan for air circulation , tent is staying around 81-83.5 degrees and 50-65% RH when sealed up

Bought a new jug of Calibration solution for my pH pen to ensure I’m getting accurate readings

Watered At 6.4 rather than the 6.8 I was watering with before.

As far as I can tell they’re All looking pretty healthy but I’d like to be able to get the Indie to stretch out like the Gorilla Alien. Both Indies are staying rather short and tight , could I have possibly topped too early?

Attachments

• 3082825B-0021-4432-ABF1-5820A0113309.jpeg
    3082825B-0021-4432-ABF1-5820A0113309.jpeg
    982.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 8BFF800E-604C-4464-A596-D176FE9316BD.jpeg
    8BFF800E-604C-4464-A596-D176FE9316BD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 75C2C8C1-88B8-4ACF-AE65-32F2778B6BEA.jpeg
    75C2C8C1-88B8-4ACF-AE65-32F2778B6BEA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 2CC21D57-2799-4D96-97BC-375D16923E33.jpeg
    2CC21D57-2799-4D96-97BC-375D16923E33.jpeg