Hmm, dunno ... :hmmmm:

I did a quick check for a comparable MeanWell ...

Yours says 30-60V and 1.25-12.5 amps, and the MeanWells I'm familiar with aren't a good match. I can do some more searching, but I would be inclined to just get the Moso replacement. The $80 price is fine, and I'd be surprised if the replacement driver failed like the first one did. MarsHydro is usually pretty good about their suppliers - not usually crap.

If we were starting from scratch it'd be easier to match everything up. But I'd have to find out how the LED strings on your panel are wired - the voltage and amperage they need, etc. - and then go over the various MeanWell drivers to find a good match - not impossible, but I don't think I'd go through the trouble if it was mine. :cheesygrinsmiley: Mars-Hydro built it all to go together.

I can look into things better, but my offhand advice would be to do the easy thing and get the Moso.

:Namaste:

Hmm, dunno ... :hmmmm:

I did a quick check for a comparable MeanWell ...

Yours says 30-60V and 1.25-12.5 amps, and the MeanWells I'm familiar with aren't a good match. I can do some more searching, but I would be inclined to just get the Moso replacement. The $80 price is fine, and I'd be surprised if the replacement driver failed like the first one did. MarsHydro is usually pretty good about their suppliers - not usually crap.

If we were starting from scratch it'd be easier to match everything up. But I'd have to find out how the LED strings on your panel are wired - the voltage and amperage they need, etc. - and then go over the various MeanWell drivers to find a good match - not impossible, but I don't think I'd go through the trouble if it was mine. :cheesygrinsmiley: Mars-Hydro built it all to go together.

I can look into thing better, but my offhand advice would be to do the easy thing and get the Moso.

As always, :thanks:

Thank you @Graytail I understand why you do not reply to tags from @InTheShed so I appreciate you replying here so quickly. I absolutely love the light and Mars Hydro but all that would change if I were to purchase the replacement driver with no warranty and it went kaput on me. I did contact one of the better known LED light parts suppliers and they said they had never seen that driver before. I don't know, I guess I'll bite the bullet and hope I get a good driver this time. Thanks again for popping in.

No, I watch Shed's thread like everyone else. :laughtwo:

Maybe not the response you would have liked, but that's a big honkin' high-output driver at 750 watts, and it's not easy to find a better replacement. Easy is sometimes better. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I had a Fed Ex delivery this morning and upon opening the box I found the new replacement driver for my @Mars Hydro FC-6500 light. The light was given to me as part of a sponsored grow and recently the driver went out on it. So to me it's on me to purchase a replacement driver. But NO! Mars Hydro went ahead and sent me a new driver for free, I just paid the shipping. How great a sponsor is that 420 Magazine??? The tent is back up and running.

Thank you Mars Hydro. Better customer service then I could have hoped for to be honest.

How's the driver situation going beez?

these are seeds from the Cap Junky pollinated with my Hound Dawg v2 (Dinachem x Widow x Widow)

these were from the lowest part of the plant test bud, they're HUGE

And the plant is pretty good for only 6 days from chop

I couldn't believe the size and maturity when they came out of the bud. I thought I'd get my usual 2 or 3 seeds per plant but his time I'm sure there's a lot more beans throught the plant and especially in the cola I rubbed up against the pollen donor.

Back
Top Bottom