Sticky Fingaz Getting Spaced Out With The Mars Hydro FC 6500

:hookah: VPD DAY :hookah:

Yo Yo everybody!
I don't know about anybody else in the UK right now but this weather can just feck off :lot-o-toke:

So yesterday was a stressful day trying to get these temps & RH correct for the VPD. I started asking myself the HELL I even started looking into this. Given my worrying nature, I've just caused myself a whole new world of stress LMAO :laugh:

As this is all pretty new to me I'm learning every day, which is good. I've had my fans on 100% this whole time thinking that it would help, but really not doing anything. The intake is drawing hot air from outside so its just a losing battle. But, I have realised that In these early days of Veg, the temp Isn't so much of an issue, more the humidity.
with a low humidity, my VPD was working out to be around +3 KPa which is further into the ' Danger zone ' Than maverick or Goose ever dared going!
So I've adjusted the fans to an idle of 25% power up to a maximum of 50% power. this is allowing the Humidity to increase. After a lot of tweaking with the fan controller & positioning of turbo fan, I've managed to find some harmony in the dank tank! This morning I've taken my readings & believe I nailed it......for now. It will change by this afternoon & more adjustments will need to be done I'm sure.
This is when I wish I had that DIMLUX controller as it would sort all this out on its own!

So anyway, without further ado, here's the results......

20210616_081225564_iOS.jpg

20210616_072559678_iOS.jpg

20210616_071719000_iOS-1.jpg

20210616_082230982_iOS.jpg

Inked20210616_074417935_iOS_LI-1.jpg

At this moment, my VPD is perfect; I'm a happy chappie :cheer:

20210615_180154747_iOS.jpg

20210616_062722213_iOS.jpg
20210616_062744448_iOS.jpg

All but 1...Mr Bruce Banner!
He's not liking the conditions as much as the rest. But, when you have 4 different strains going. Getting the conditions bang on for all of them Is never going to work.
I'm good though, I can live with that.

@copperrein, how are we today; good I hope? :thumb:
I have just performed my first VPD update! I thought I would give you a tag as we were discussing this the other day over at @Squiggle 's place.

I shall be back later on to see how it's holding up...expecting another 30 degree day :nervous-guy:

See ya soon.

One :love:

20210616_062738696_iOS.jpg

20210616_062749967_iOS.jpg

Oh, btw, Just thought I'd mention....That's not a pervert stood in the corner! A mate's popped over to keep an eye on things...He's already familiar with the Mars Hydro n all that jazz so perfect for the job. He's been a bit out of work recently with Covid & the 2m distance thing so thought I'd help him out.....doesn't really say much though :lot-o-toke:

20210615_210455653_iOS.jpg

Ready to laser eye any nasty bugs :laugh: The heat is a nightmare right now isn't it. My poor GSC has had to deal with up to 33C in her tent. Not much I can do but hope she copes and the flower quality isn't degraded. Should be back to rain soon I've heard.

Oh, btw, Just thought I'd mention....That's not a pervert stood in the corner! A mate's popped over to keep an eye on things...He's already familiar with the Mars Hydro n all that jazz so perfect for the job. He's been a bit out of work recently with Covid & the 2m distance thing so thought I'd help him out.....doesn't really say much though :lot-o-toke:

20210615_210455653_iOS.jpg

I don't understand the perspective and scale in this photo. Is that a massive toy? A tiny fan? It's too early for that sort of madness.

Thank you for the VPD show and tell. I need to locate my surface thermometer. I haven't needed it since we stopped using a woodstove to heat. I tend to keep a ton of airflow on my plants. Any ideas if that has a negative effect on the plants?

Ready to laser eye any nasty bugs :laugh: The heat is a nightmare right now isn't it. My poor GSC has had to deal with up to 33C in her tent. Not much I can do but hope she copes and the flower quality isn't degraded. Should be back to rain soon I've heard.
That's it mate you got it, but tbh, after getting pussy whooped by Batman he probably aint up for it :laugh:

yh same as that bro, just glad they're babies & can hopefully handle it! Fingers crossed is all I can do!

I don't understand the perspective and scale in this photo. Is that a massive toy? A tiny fan? It's too early for that sort of madness.

Thank you for the VPD show and tell. I need to locate my surface thermometer. I haven't needed it since we stopped using a woodstove to heat. I tend to keep a ton of airflow on my plants. Any ideas if that has a negative effect on the plants?
Both, massive Toy & massive Fan! Everyone's got a massive toy!.....Right?? :nervous-guy:

Absolutely no worries at all my friend :thumb:

As far as I'm aware, the only real negative effect you can get from too much air flow is ' wind burn ' , you can spot this if your leaves start to curl & claw. But if that's not an issue then your all good!

That's it mate you got it, but tbh, after getting pussy whooped by Batman he probably aint up for it :laugh:

yh same as that bro, just glad they're babies & can hopefully handle it! Fingers crossed is all I can do!
I still haven't seen that as my logical mind refuses to believe Batman could whoop Superman. So the film must be ridiculous. :laugh:

Yeah they'll be all good mate. It's just started hoofing it down here. :yahoo:

I still haven't seen that as my logical mind refuses to believe Batman could whoop Superman. So the film must be ridiculous. :laugh:

Yeah they'll be all good mate. It's just started hoofing it down here. :yahoo:
@VetSmoke85 YOUR RIGHT! HE CAN'T........ABSOLUTE LOAD OF TOSH!!!!! Don't put your mind through the agonising torture my friend! It's just not worth it. Superman died with Christopher!

THE END

Lot's of rain this morning, but it's that fine rain ya' know lol

:cool: NERDY DAY. :cool:

Good evening Boys & Girls, hope everyone’s had a lovely day!

Been having a ‘ thinky ‘ day, what can I do to improve things without a lot of money. I started with the most obvious…. Water!

I took a quick look online to see what people said about using ‘ carbonated ‘ water to feed….

7F5DCA4F-880E-4344-9476-8FA3745B8060.jpeg

Am I late to the party? Does anybody else do this?

So, I read a little bit more.

489CBF36-D647-4F99-A4C1-120B287E8C74.jpeg

It’s got my attention! I was already aware that you could buy various tablets etc to place in water to feed CO2 directly to the roots, but as anything…..it’s another expense that someone’s cashing in on.

07373A54-ED43-4D7E-8DDC-4DCEBBC82192.jpeg

Awesome….next stop…Tesco!

C7DC2BD5-9D5A-442F-9636-0974E0CF76E5.jpeg
00CB1737-4D1F-4016-9023-A1C24D18215E.jpeg

£0.50p for 2 Litres can’t be bad. So I bought 6 & off home I went.
Something really cool happened when I watered the plants, it obviously fizzed slightly, but when it settled, it left loads of little holes in the soil.

B635EE09-3015-435C-B412-F4B06397F4FE.jpeg

Still Thinkingif that’s happened all the way through the soil, honeycombed it so to speak. That’s going to help aerate it even more :nerd-with-glasses:
If the roots can move more freely, while being supplied with more air & co2 (small amounts, but amounts none the less)
this should help accelerate growth…..surely?
Like I say, if this is already a well known method & I’m behind then my apologies, but if not, I’ll be interested to see if it makes a difference or not.

‘ Any comments on this would be great ‘

Here’s the babies - 6 days old ( since sprout )

E8CDAA02-709F-4350-A0A7-AFC4FDC28AAE.jpeg
8EF8FBC9-5BB4-4779-86B0-36E9F2C2BC31.jpeg
1A727C8F-6A97-4721-92BC-30E33848511A.jpeg
43D7F065-A688-4439-8245-C14A48E6B104.jpeg

Right, I still don’t have the luxury of a day/night controller, so I’ve gotta haul myself ( & I mean haul as I don’t have a ladder yet ) into the attic & sort things out!

Good evening & see you tomorrow

one :love:

Wow, very interesting. This is the first I have heard and curious to see how it works out for you. Plants are settling in nicely! (Fills hydro res up with carbonated water :rofl: )

Now you got me thinking can I have a little co2 action into my water like an air stone off it? I'm post work stoned and brainstorming so forgive my silly thoughts

Hmm, I find super science based research saying good in soil and then just forum posts about concerns of it in hydro so no clue. Super interesting to watch here though

:cool: NERDY DAY. :cool:

Good evening Boys & Girls, hope everyone’s had a lovely day!

Been having a ‘ thinky ‘ day, what can I do to improve things without a lot of money. I started with the most obvious…. Water!

I took a quick look online to see what people said about using ‘ carbonated ‘ water to feed….

7F5DCA4F-880E-4344-9476-8FA3745B8060.jpeg

Am I late to the party? Does anybody else do this?

So, I read a little bit more.

489CBF36-D647-4F99-A4C1-120B287E8C74.jpeg

It’s got my attention! I was already aware that you could buy various tablets etc to place in water to feed CO2 directly to the roots, but as anything…..it’s another expense that someone’s cashing in on.

07373A54-ED43-4D7E-8DDC-4DCEBBC82192.jpeg

Awesome….next stop…Tesco!

C7DC2BD5-9D5A-442F-9636-0974E0CF76E5.jpeg
00CB1737-4D1F-4016-9023-A1C24D18215E.jpeg

£0.50p for 2 Litres can’t be bad. So I bought 6 & off home I went.
Something really cool happened when I watered the plants, it obviously fizzed slightly, but when it settled, it left loads of little holes in the soil.

B635EE09-3015-435C-B412-F4B06397F4FE.jpeg

Still Thinkingif that’s happened all the way through the soil, honeycombed it so to speak. That’s going to help aerate it even more :nerd-with-glasses:
If the roots can move more freely, while being supplied with more air & co2 (small amounts, but amounts none the less)
this should help accelerate growth…..surely?
Like I say, if this is already a well known method & I’m behind then my apologies, but if not, I’ll be interested to see if it makes a difference or not.

‘ Any comments on this would be great ‘

Here’s the babies - 6 days old ( since sprout )

E8CDAA02-709F-4350-A0A7-AFC4FDC28AAE.jpeg
8EF8FBC9-5BB4-4779-86B0-36E9F2C2BC31.jpeg
1A727C8F-6A97-4721-92BC-30E33848511A.jpeg
43D7F065-A688-4439-8245-C14A48E6B104.jpeg

Right, I still don’t have the luxury of a day/night controller, so I’ve gotta haul myself ( & I mean haul as I don’t have a ladder yet ) into the attic & sort things out!

Good evening & see you tomorrow

one :love:
Brilliant mucker.
Thank you for the info.
Been a long time since I've been to a Tesco.
Garden is going to be awsome. :goodjob:
Bill

Hey mate
Hope your well
Interesting idea.. on the fizzy water, give it a go ey? Tesco only down the road.:)
How’s the heat up there Sticky? Been a mare here.. cooler today though. A comfy 29c in the loft.
Your hauling yourself into the loft you say? I can barely haul myself off a chair, never mind skywards. Good on y:)
Peace to ya

Hey mate
Hope your well
Interesting idea.. on the fizzy water, give it a go ey? Tesco only down the road.:)
How’s the heat up there Sticky? Been a mare here.. cooler today though. A comfy 29c in the loft.
Your hauling yourself into the loft you say? I can barely haul myself off a chair, never mind skywards. Good on y:)
Peace to ya
Hey buddy,
all good thank you & yourself?

Yh, got a lot of time on my hands atm so just plunge into the web. The theory behind the fizzy water makes sense, but the proof is in the pudding as they say.
Don't talk to me about the weather man, absolute fecking nightmare. 32.5 up there atm, ridiculous. I'm in the process of trying to blag an AC unit from a friend lol Just hope he hasn't had a bad day at work :laugh:

Hauling is the right word, I've always kept in shape, never a beefcake as such but always done my best. I've been a lazy ass mo fo these past 12 months & what should be a simple action, Is hurting me...pain I haven't felt in a while. When I get up there I feel like ROCKY! Only thing is, when I started shouting Adrien, the Mrs was like " Who the F**Ks Adrien? " Whoop's, she'll never understand :laugh:

I'm staring at a blank Word page atm, trying to get some inspiration for some more writing....................................

Hey buddy,
all good thank you & yourself?

Yh, got a lot of time on my hands atm so just plunge into the web. The theory behind the fizzy water makes sense, but the proof is in the pudding as they say.
Don't talk to me about the weather man, absolute fecking nightmare. 32.5 up there atm, ridiculous. I'm in the process of trying to blag an AC unit from a friend lol Just hope he hasn't had a bad day at work :laugh:

Hauling is the right word, I've always kept in shape, never a beefcake as such but always done my best. I've been a lazy ass mo fo these past 12 months & what should be a simple action, Is hurting me...pain I haven't felt in a while. When I get up there I feel like ROCKY! Only thing is, when I started shouting Adrien, the Mrs was like " Who the F**Ks Adrien? " Whoop's, she'll never understand :laugh:

I'm staring at a blank Word page atm, trying to get some inspiration for some more writing....................................
With you on that.. keeping in shape made a tough job easier for years.. not beef, as you say, just stayed comfortable running a lot and lifting my own weight for years.
Best thing in the world feelin fit an strong:;
Hope the inspiration comes and the words flow.
Peace to ya
P.S
32.5 is for pussys.. 36c here at times.;)

With you on that.. keeping in shape made a tough job easier for years.. not beef, as you say, just stayed comfortable running a lot and lifting my own weight for years.
Best thing in the world feelin fit an strong:;
Hope the inspiration comes and the words flow.
Peace to ya
P.S
32.5 is for pussys.. 36c here at times.;)
Come to Arizona only 48°c today 117°f

Wow, very interesting. This is the first I have heard and curious to see how it works out for you. Plants are settling in nicely! (Fills hydro res up with carbonated water :rofl: )

Now you got me thinking can I have a little co2 action into my water like an air stone off it? I'm post work stoned and brainstorming so forgive my silly thoughts

Hmm, I find super science based research saying good in soil and then just forum posts about concerns of it in hydro so no clue. Super interesting to watch here though
Just what I thought, got to be worth a try surely. I can't really see what damage it can do other than completely kill my crop :laugh:

Do you not currently use an air stone in your reservoir? I only grew hydroponically once but I always kept an air stone in there to keep the water oxygenated & moving.

Yes, soil seems ok but I'm not sure how the water would cope being pumped through, may come out the other end as foam!

The concept may work so we'll watch this space.

Thank you as always for dropping in Buddy :thumb:

Brilliant mucker.
Thank you for the info.
Been a long time since I've been to a Tesco.
Garden is going to be awsome. :goodjob:
Bill
Cheers buddy :thumb:

No worries, all experimental at this stage but we shall see.
Yes, a long time. They've been around forever....Every little helps lol
I hope so & thanks for the confidence :love:

Back
Top Bottom