MarsHydro Sponsors Giveaway Appreciation Grow Room 2 RDWC

Since the roots look good and they're both fed by the same reservoir it seems like it's either something topside or in that one bucket. Is the res well mixed before the plants get the water and does it feed both plants at the same time?

I'm not a hydro grower so I'm just throwing out whatever comes to mind!

All that said, it doesn't look that bad and it would have to get a heck of a lot worse for me to consider ditching it. :)

Since the roots look good and they're both fed by the same reservoir it seems like it's either something topside or in that one bucket. Is the res well mixed before the plants get the water and does it feed both plants at the same time?
Yeah I'm wit you think it's topside but possibly still in the net cup. They both feed off one pump just a T between them. But her bucket was full so must still be flowing. I'll double check though as if it was blocked shed drink the bucket dry.

Yeah I set feed pump and chiller feed at one side then both returns on the other side plus two stones in there to keep it moving.
I'm not a hydro grower so I'm just throwing out whatever comes to mind!
Haha you and me both im just winging it 🤣
All that said, it doesn't look that bad and it would have to get a heck of a lot worse for me to consider ditching it. :)
Haha she's got two weeks tops to show signs of recovery otherwise ✂️ I have a auto that can take her place and be in decent time. Res swap Sunday so I'll H20 everything then.

Bath tonight too 😬

I can't recall any other hydro growers adding bleach to their res to keep the baddies away from the roots, but I do know folks use H2O2 on a regular basis. Of course, only one plant is affected so that's probably not it!
I use it

Good to know, thanks Absorber! What's your ratio of bleach to water and what's the percent of sodium hypochlorite in the bottle (it varies widely here)?
20231229_085706.jpg

I have a 100ltr reservoir filled to about 80 ltrs I put 3/4 of a cap in reservoir

I can't recall any other hydro growers adding bleach to their res to keep the baddies away from the roots, but I do know folks use H2O2 on a regular basis. Of course, only one plant is affected so that's probably not it!
Yeah the second plant rules out alot and I checked the net pot too.
PXL_20231228_213609490.jpg

20231229_085706.jpg

I have a 100ltr reservoir filled to about 80 ltrs I put 3/4 of a cap in reservoir
My brother that's some scary stuff 🤣 but to be fair yours is only 2% mine is 14/15% so I calculate it by 15% and our OG @Wastei shared a online calculator (the green writing zorbs 🤣) and you can calculate the strength of your bleach. 3 to 5ppm so when I do a Res swap I'll start at 5ppm and then each top up 3 to 4 days I'll go 3ppm.

PhotoRoom-20230603_081704~2.png

🙏Mars Hydro Giveaway grow🙏
🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🌻Week1 12/12🌻

Quick update guys as I feel I have some bad news.. I flipped to flower a few days ago and noticed one of my ladies had some leaf yellowing so when I topped up my resovoir with water and bleach I added some nutrients with it. Today I checked on them and it looked like the yellowing has got worse. I should have know it was something else as they are in the same system but the other plant looks full of life.
I'm not sure If I done some damage maybe when I have been spraying the spiders as I've been getting right in there..
Not just yellowing but the main top has come through the net but is not facing the light either.

PXL_20231228_182419551.jpg
PXL_20231228_182423889.jpg

I pulled the roots out and it looks like some of the roots have been blocked from the air stone but I don't think that's the issue? I moved the stone over anyway and hopefully it stayed where I put it.

PXL_20231228_182632590.MP.jpg
PXL_20231228_182905518.jpg

If she continues to get worse she may have to be pulled out 😬😩
Are you using some CalMag in with your nutrients?

Yeah the second plant rules out alot and I checked the net pot too.
PXL_20231228_213609490.jpg

My brother that's some scary stuff 🤣 but to be fair yours is only 2% mine is 14/15% so I calculate it by 15% and our OG @Wastei shared a online calculator (the green writing zorbs 🤣) and you can calculate the strength of your bleach. 3 to 5ppm so when I do a Res swap I'll start at 5ppm and then each top up 3 to 4 days I'll go 3ppm.
Thanks for that

Looking great bro 👏 cheese is going to come through like a freight train.. 😂😂..glad you have a mountain air carb and not these cheapies dealing with that kind of flower 🌸
I hope so brother.. once flower is in full swing one plant might fill the tent anyways 🤣 she's a beast 💪

Are you using some CalMag in with your nutrients?
Always and topped it up the other day as that was first thought but my other plant has zero deficiencies. So thought that was pointless but worth a try.

Here ya go!
1697155157036-jpeg.3452869

4 Tbsp/gallon.
Done ✅ got slippery in there 🤣 1.5ml/L same as the dead bug.

The plant that Looks ill felt like it want grounded. It was moving alot in the basket where as the other was solid. Really think I done damage lifting branches to spray them.

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🌻Week1 12/12🌻

The decline has accelerated I dont think she will look good by next week.. stretch should start by Tuesday. My lady on the right is still loving life. Res swap tomorrow..

PXL_20231230_162332372.jpg

I have a couple of last checks but I have replacements on standby. I think the healthy one could almost fill the tent depending on how stretch goes..

I have been craving some haze but have SSSDH on a pheno hunt next round so I'll check the site out and have a think 😎

PXL_20231230_162456527.MP.jpg

✌️💚

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🌻Week1 12/12🌻

Good morning all, getting this final update in so 2024 is a fresh start.. Rip to the cheddar cheese.. I want to keep this between us but I think I am a murderer 😂. So Res swap out today and so far this morning..

PXL_20231231_115639046.jpg
PXL_20231231_121030722.jpg
PXL_20231231_121333696.jpg

So there you have it she's gone. I couldn't find any cause, the roots looked great, her sister looks great! but the only thought I have towards her death is the pesticides.. I went crazy with the stuff so they was dripping.. I also sprayed alot on the stems which could have ran down and pooled at the primary roots.. I believe both C.J dead bug & Castile soap are root friendly but probably more diluted. So poison probably?

Next year to fill the gap I have decided on.

PXL_20231231_130514953.jpg

24 hours soak and then I will try a root riot plug for germination. Once rooted she probably start her life In my ghetto cloner being top fed then finally a transplant to the bucket. Sprout to harvest is around 9 weeks and my cheese won't show flower for another 2 - 5 days. I'm thinking the cheddar could possibly still fill the tent after stretch but no idea how she flowers.

See you on the other side 🤣 happy new year all may it be ful of plants that make it 😂 ✌️💚

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🌻Week1 12/12🌻

Good morning all, getting this final update in so 2024 is a fresh start.. Rip to the cheddar cheese.. I want to keep this between us but I think I am a murderer 😂. So Res swap out today and so far this morning..

So there you have it she's gone. I couldn't find any cause, the roots looked great, her sister looks great! but the only thought I have towards her death is the pesticides.. I went crazy with the stuff so they was dripping.. I also sprayed alot on the stems which could have ran down and pooled at the primary roots.. I believe both C.J dead bug & Castile soap are root friendly but probably more diluted. So poison probably?

24 hours soak and then I will try a root riot plug for germination. Once rooted she probably start her life In my ghetto cloner being top fed then finally a transplant to the bucket. Sprout to harvest is around 9 weeks and my cheese won't show flower for another 2 - 5 days. I'm thinking the cheddar could possibly still fill the tent after stretch but no idea how she flowers.

See you on the other side 🤣 happy new year all may it be ful of plants that make it 😂 ✌️💚
Sorry for your loss bro 😪

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🌻Week1 12/12🌻

Bummer bout the loss but we all have been known to kill off a few. Hope you have better luck in the New Year. And have a Happy New Year 🎊🎈🎆 too. CL🍀. :thumb:

Cheers fellas, she was my first ever plant intended for flower that didn't make it so not doing too bad.. first time in full hydro so many lessons to learn but I'm still content and happy with where I am at 😁

Back
Top Bottom