McBudz Perpetual Journal

Hey, bro - really glad to hear you'll be getting nice smoke again in a few weeks. That's awesome. If you could see the crappy state of my 9 day olds vs yours - well - put it this way - you never will cause mine are too embarrassing to show.

I've cut and pasted those 3 pics and your formula to one document and its sitting here for inspiration while I await a paycheck or two for the ez-cloner.

Thanks as always for the tutorials.

:nicethread::cool:

Excellent bro.
we're always looking for the next level.

Are you saying that you think because your timers weren't perfect, they diverged, which caused a longer light cycle, which hurt yield? I would think a longer light cycle would increase yeild! As long as the plant stays in full bloom mode, more light means more energy means more buds, no?

Ill have to think about that one, or do some reading.

I wish I had some enzymes, but for 50 gal, it goes real quick. esp when you're short on loot.

Exactly. They were sort of in limbo between wanting to bloom and reveg. More on the bloom side but I saw weird growth (stretched calyxes) and while harvesting/trimming/curing everything was lighter and fluffier than usual. Keep in mind I had already grown and harvested these exact genetics so I had an idea of what to expect with bud density and such.

I guess is more of an issue with the 12 hour dark period being shortened then with the light period being extended. if I were running a 25 hour day , 13on-12off, then Id imagine it would have been fine. SInce the dark period was probably around 11:45-11:30 at times I had issues.

Yeah the Hygrozyme and and Roots stuff is $$ but it seems to make a bif difference so far so if that translates to bigger yeilds then its paying for itself. Roots excel.. goes a long way at 1.1 ml per gallon. The hygrozyme hurts a lot more.

Or maybe to prevent poking his eyes out (more visible). Just a guess, but I've done it for that reason.

Wow. The picture of the ant with the roach is awesome. That should be in the corner of a poster-sized nature shot. Did you take that or find it? Either way, thanks for the good laugh. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was wondering if older bulbs might have contributed to the decline in density and productivity. I think it has made a difference for me. I won't go that long between changes ever again if I can help it.

:peace:

Hey McB.

As always your rotation is sick man!

Don't know if this has been asked and answered, but, what are the blue flags on your steaks representing? I don't see them on all the buckets, just curious.

Thanks man!
SF

Thanks man! Its tape and I label the plants with them since I have been doing multiple strains. Right now its PE and BW. Its on all of them its just that some stakes are shorter than others and the plants have grown over them.

I think he uses them to label his plants

Exactly :)

Or maybe to prevent poking his eyes out (more visible). Just a guess, but I've done it for that reason.

Wow. The picture of the ant with the roach is awesome. That should be in the corner of a poster-sized nature shot. Did you take that or find it? Either way, thanks for the good laugh. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was wondering if older bulbs might have contributed to the decline in density and productivity. I think it has made a difference for me. I won't go that long between changes ever again if I can help it.

:peace:

The eye poking thing does cross my mind. Especially before when I did 1 strain and had no tape on the stakes.

I found the ant online. I'd fuckin pee my pants if I saw that in real life, no way I'd be able to compose myself enough to take a nice pic like that. Besides I'd probably sentence him to instant death for his thievery and then think about what a nice picture it would have made :)

I'm sure the older bulbs didn't help. Also they saw a bunch of hot starts one day when the power went on and off real quick during a real bad storm. I'm pretty sure I have some of the kinks worked out so I'm hoping those vegging gals are going to make me a nice forest here real soon.

Moved the vegging BW clones over to the tent. Harvested my pidly 3 living nemesis plants. Maybe 1.5 to 2 oz?? Oh well.

Anyways the clones are as tall or taller than all my week 4 bloom plants. I dont know what I'm going to do when these start filling out. Its gonna get crowded in there. I would love to scrog but id never be able to get into the back area.

DSCN0884.JPG

DSCN0885.JPG

Anyone ever consider rubber mulch as a growing medium? Does anyone have it in there yard and care to clean and do a pH test to see if its neutral? Wonder if its cheaper then hydroton. I pay about $40 per 50L bag locally.and My setup uses about 4-5 50L bags.

^ yeah nevermind on that one..

Found this: "...A Washington State
University study indicates that rubber can leach chemicals that
contaminate water and hurt marine life. Rufus L. Chaney, an
environmental chemist at the U.S.D.A. Agricultural Research Service,
says that his research shows that small amounts of zinc in rubber will
leach into soil over time. If your soil is alkaline and starved for
zinc, as many soils are in Western states, that could be a good thing.
But if your soil is acidic and has an adequate amount of zinc, as is
typical in the East, the zinc released by the tires could cause a
chemical overload that kills shallow-rooted flowers, shrubs and
vegetables. "Save rubber mulch for paths and playgrounds," he says.""

Source

You bring up a valid point McB.

I also wonder the same thing about anything we use with Hydro and plastics. If you recall last year there was a big brouhaha about a chemical (slips my mind) that was present in water bottles. Most manufactures have since removed that chemical, but I wonder if it's still present in Rubbermaid products, etc, since they are/were never intended for human-consumption products. Obviously we're not ingesting directly, but the plant is. I'm not overly concerned, it's just one of those thoughts I had.

Have a great night man!
SF

Hey Mcbud how when you grow from seed at what point do you take cuttings from a mother plant. For example do you wait for the mother plant to be at least 2 months old?

Depends on the plant. It needs to be large enough or have enough branches that I can take cuttings while still leaving nodes behind so it will regrow more cuttings on those branches.

Some pics.

BW clones with SB and Choco test clones. Choco the middle 2 up fron tand the SB is lower/front right. Choco is very nice to work with so far. Mother grows nice and fast and leaves nice branches for cuttings. The cuttings rooted very quickly and have really started filling out and growing up now. 2 weeks from the day they were cut.

DSCN0886.JPG

Chocolope Mom:

DSCN0887.JPG

Strawberry Blue:

DSCN0888.JPG

Bw and PE on left is 4.5 weeks into flower. The new BW clones that went to bloom friday (on right) are a few inched taller and stretching more and more each day..

DSCN0890.JPG

DSCN08911.JPG

Full tent:

DSCN08921.JPG

Are you running 16/side now?

Still 12 pots. Some pots have 2 plants. Most plants on the newer right side were topped in early veg and have 3-4 main stems that will translate to main colas when they start budding.

Back
Top Bottom