McBudz - White Widow and Northern Light / Big Bud grow

For the clones above I cut at about 2.5 weeks into flower. I use dip n grow rooting hormone. I cut with a razor blade and cut them long maybe 5-7 inches. Trim the excess leaves.

A few inches down from the top I scarify the stem. Then cut 45 degree angle through the scarified area. Dip immediately into dip n grow and place into moist soil. Covered in humidity dome misted with water. I mist cuttings and soil once every or every other day. After about 7-10 days I started foliar feeding liquid karma and Big Bloom. Can't remember the amounts it was at about 1/4 strength soil application if I remember correctly. AFter 2 -3 weeks most of the clones were rooted. And transplanted.

When I cut them..
IMG_1785.JPG

After they rooted I transplanted. A few didn't root. And I threw the slowest ones out.

IMG_1878.JPG

A few weeks later..

IMG_1937.JPG

inside one of them..

IMG_19381.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

You still see some old funky leaves in the middle..

IMG_21781.JPG

Check out all the growth that comes from 1 inch of the main stem...

IMG_2182.JPG

Currently I'm playing around with new cloning system. Just started this weekend I used the DWC CyClone lid. I upgraded the air pump and air stones but do not like the size of the system or the noise the air pump makes. I feel it is low in tone and it may travel through walls too much. I built an mdf box around the pump with just the hoses coming out. The sound actually comes from the intake and I can still here it coming out the vinyl hose I have connected to the intake. So today I found a plastic bin that I made a small 11 site cloner with. Instead of a bubbler I am using 4 nutramist foggers in a clonex cloning solution mix - 5ml per liter. The 10 clones I cut before the weekend sort of got beat up in the process so I stuck 1 more new in there. If I don't see anything in a week I'll replace the ten beat up clones for new ones.

Inside DWC with upgraded air stones.

IMG_2266.JPG

Lid:

IMG_2267.JPG

Air pump in sealed box suspended by bungee cords.

IMG_2268.JPG

New setup with foggers. I could still fit 1 dual air stone in there if I find that it works better. I just hate the noise. Especially in the middle of the night. I hope the foggers work well.

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_22701.JPG

ppm was 850ish @ .50 conv. pH 5.8 Temp 72.
:smokin:

oooooh i like the fogger clone chamber i hope that works out well for ya. The ladies look right on track we should be harvesting around the same time! Great job again man.

nice step by step on the cloning McB :headbanger: I have been thinking of changing my clones to a aeroponic hybrid system, after seeing this I may have to do it sooner than I had planned.
420 friend, dont worry if it takes two weeks to root as this is a fairly normal time frame, some strains are just easier and quicker to clone than others.
The ladies are beutiful as always Bud keep on keepin on brother!!!

Definitely going to keep following this journal! Great work so far, and damn 9.66 oz is a hell of alot for one plant (well, from what i know anyways haha). Alot of weed anyways!

Thanks for all the info and description, and your 6 little ladies are looking mighty fine.

dense nug :smokin:

Thanks she was tasty :)

Roll it in a jay and enjoy. Hey do you ever toke in your grow room?

Once in a while. I used to pull up a seat and watch my plants grow and enjoy a nice bowl. Now I'm usually just in there for work. I'd rather sit downstairs and relax while I smoke.

Nice nug:grinjoint:

I have 3-4 weeks before the days of the mexican bagsh*t are over.:cheer:

Pan4

Good to hear. No more bag schwag is a great thing. The 4 big stinky clones probably have about 5 weeks left if they finish up as quick as the mom did. The mom of the 2 taller ones on the right finished up at 11.5 weeks or so, I'm still looking at 8 weeks for them.

I Have 30 big stinky clones right now. Half of which probably wont survive the cloning experiments. The other half I have done my conventional soil method I outlined above just so I get one more good round of a big stinky WW harvest.

I have a twilight fem seedling I'm tending to now. I shall make her a mom and do a couple of crops of twilight. Then I'll move on to GWS and MK. Unless I get some belladonna and move it ahead on my list.

I see the aqua flakes in your nute collection. how do you like that line? have you used the additives? I am really interested in the results of the shooting powder.

haven't used em just got them at a good deal i thought.. $24 bucks. Haven't tried any of the other products. I was looking at the shooting powder but think I'm going to just try the canna pk13/14 this grow with the TB and see if I get better buds since these are clones from the last plants I should be able to tell if there is a noticeable difference.

Think you can use aqua flakes in soil? They don't like systems with air stones since it tends to knock the nutes out of solution according to H&G.

A lot of the other nutes I got as freebies. Don't really have enough of either to go through a full grow.

Every time i check back here they look better and better!

In another thread, you said that you were disappointed with your current WW grow, why is that these look beautiful!

Every time i check back here they look better and better!

In another thread, you said that you were disappointed with your current WW grow, why is that these look beautiful!

I hope they get better and better! Thats the point right? :)

Cant remember why it must had been something specific. I was disappointed that I had 5 males out of 8 in the beginning and the 1 NLBB went herm so the really 6 out of 8 was junk. But I got 6 great clones I'm growing now and a bunch more clones from these. Could have been in the strain itself. I really like it but don't feel it lived up to the hype. I was expecting something a little more mind blowing I guess. But I will tell you that it is getting better as it cures. No more pot hangovers starting about a week ago. I think big stink has been curing about a month now if I remember correctly. very nice smell to her too. WW1 on the other hand has a funky green smell to the buds still. May have dried em a bit quick not sure. hopefully a long long cure will sweeten em up.

I'm sprouting 3 new mom plants Great white shark, twilight, and master kush. Twilight is a seedling and I just started to germ the other two. I'll start a journal later on for those.

holly crap!!
guess I'm a perv cause I like it! looking great man

Thanks fly

Your garden looks great , McBudz!!

Looks like you're about out of nutes. :grinjoint:

:peace:

Harry

yeah right lol. I need to have a garage sale. I don't even use half of them. I will try some like maybe aqua flakes in a soil grow. See what happens. I need to get to homedepot and get some shelves to store this crap somewhere. I hate a clutter grow room!

During flower I only use:

Tiger Bloom 9ml per Gal every watering
Grow Big 3ml per gal week 1,3-5
Cal-Mag+ 5ml per Gal every watering
Green Stay 5ml per liter foliar spray twice a week
pH up to 6.7 (soil tend to drop it to 6.3-6.4)

During veg I use

Age Old Grow 15ml per gallon every other watering
1 tsp epsom salt per gallon every watering
1 TBS Big Bloom every watering
pH down to 6.7

For feeding during flowering...
I mix it all up in a big 15 gallon plastic storage bin. I use 10 gallons for 6 x 5 gallon pots. I put a submersible pump (hydro pump) in the mixture and connect it to a power strip so I have an on/off switch. Then just throw the switch and pump my nute solution through 1/2 inch vinyl tubing to my plants. Sort of like having a garden hose that dispenses nutes :)

My plants are up on 1.5inch riser inside deep vinyl saucers to collect the runoff. Let the pots drain for an hour or so then shuffle the plants around and empty the saucers. I have yet to find a cheep and decent way to suck the water out of the saucer without having to move the plants.

Good enough for now until I get my ebb & gro :)

Back
Top Bottom