MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

@FelipeBlu @Bill284

Any idea what this is caused with ?

20220212_160913.jpg

20220212_155927.jpg

A chomper? Or a fertigation splash?

I don't think it's a bug, I'm guessing by chomper your meaning something like a caterpillar or something similar. It could possibly be fertigation splash as there has been a couple of times where I may have possibly got some on the leaves.
What about water droplets with the light ?
There's always water droplets on the leaves due to having the humidifier always going.

Yeah, probably Ringo - he was always hungry!
:laughtwo:

A transient with wings or fast feet is a good bet. I was thinking cricket or grasshopper.
If I have them dam stink bugs. Or like here we have praying mantis they real bad here. Found lady bug in mine few weeks ago.

IMG_20220202_164446.jpg

It's only the one leaf. The rest of the leafs on the plants are fine other than the plant that had issues at the beginning that ended up with brown edges on the second set of leaves.
The tents pretty much sealed in an indoor environment. Definitely not saying its impossible as I know it happens. Once I put the little one to bed I'll be able to go in the tent and have a good look around the tent and plants and have a better look for anything that moves.
Where would I be more likely to notice the sort of pests your on about ?

Thanks again.

Ok, so I've had a look around the plants and the tent, checked all leaves, top of medium, lifted heat mat, checked around the edges of the spill mat, around the top of the tent etc and can't see anything that would suggest bugs. Again I'm not saying it's 100% not bugs but I don't see anything on the plants or around the tent.

:thumb:
It’s good to check occasionally. If you don’t change clothes after coming in from the outside, any number of tiny pests (like mites) can get into your tent.

I do check here and there but more so when things like this happen and the plants dont look right, I should do it more often at least once or twice weekly.

M I wouldn't worry about it unless you see another leaf eaten. My be u moved it or anything. Might had a bug chew on it and you opened tent up again and flew out. You just don't know. At that point..

Definitely possible that something could have been munching on the leaf, ive just not managed to see it. I'll be extra vigilant and will be checking the leaves every day to see if anymore holes appear in them.
I've got the cannacure there, not sure if that would be any good as a detterance if it was a bug.

Duct tape. Or fly paper.. easyest way to trap one. Go down to coop or feed store grab you one i think like Walmart have them aswell. Like 2 bucks . And just hang it in tent lay it on ground whatever it will grab all bugs even mites. Flees whatever.

IMG_20220212_212009.jpg

Good morning @MGD420 Sorry I missed the conversation yesterday.
As stated something is chewing on her.
Neem oil & safers soap with water in a spray bottle.
Soak them.

Stay safe
Bill
Morning BIll.
I'll use the cannacure first and see how that goes as i have a full bottle there, says its for pests and mildew and non toxic. If that fails I'll get some neem oil online, am I correct in thinking any dish soap would work ? I'm in the UK so not everything brand wise would be available here. I have Fairy, I think it's branded as Dawn in the US.

Morning BIll.
I'll use the cannacure first and see how that goes as i have a full bottle there, says its for pests and mildew and non toxic. If that fails I'll get some neem oil online, am I correct in thinking any dish soap would work ? I'm in the UK so not everything brand wise would be available here. I have Fairy, I think it's branded as Dawn in the US.
Yes that works in a pinch. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom