MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

They're starting to grow a bit more over the past few days. Also got the rhino skin delivered today.

20220203_105936.jpg

20220203_115250.jpg

Do you measure
or do it like GrandMa cooks?

I presume that you are an experienced grower and know how to read your plants - otherwise..
Me Felipe. Yeah I grew few plants. But never learn everything never will. Mystery of things different plants habits and all makes it fun. If I knew everything would just be like growing corn or but schedule nah I never have done that. Don't have pH meter or anything . Just temp gauge and looking at the plant.

Looks like you caught them in time. If they turn pale, nitrogen deficiency has already started. It’s easy to correct though - feed them and they green up. In this case, the brown tips/edges of the oldest leaves indicates that potassium was also starting to become deficient. The brown won’t turn green, but feeding should halt the progression of damage.

Looks like you caught them in time. If they turn pale, nitrogen deficiency has already started. It’s easy to correct though - feed them and they green up. In this case, the brown tips/edges of the oldest leaves indicates that potassium was also starting to become deficient. The brown won’t turn green, but feeding should halt the progression of damage.

Do they have brown tips/edges ? I only ask as I'm colourblind lol so don't really see any brown in them, I can see a couple of them do have slightly light tips, one one of them it's the newer leaves that have a pale colour at the tips, the plant with the smaller weird shaped leaves.
When it's quite obvious and the leaves are dying, dry, burnt or damaged etc I would notice the brown in them, just not on these.

Thanks again for your reply and help.

The areas I have circled in red are damage due to K def.

D8242F15-F2C5-432B-A039-2F66952B3347.jpeg

Now that you've pointed it out I can see it.
I'm guessing that was due to me only giving them water for the first 5 or 6 days.
One other thing I have noticed this time around from the previous grows is that my humidity is way low. Never had humidity this low in the twnt before. At the moment it's sitting at 35% temp is 22c.
I have bags over the pots and remove them every day for a few mins then put them back on. I'll need to look out my humidifier, only issue with using the humidifier in the tent is the deposits from using tap water. I know I could use distilled water but tap water is free lol

A few more pics of the worst plant.

20220206_154013.jpg
20220206_153948.jpg
20220206_153933.jpg
20220206_153925.jpg
Looks like maron deff. My opinion anyway bro. Not light cause tio on on leaf is like that but other is curling up but brown first. Light would just be opposite curl up then brown

Looks like maron deff. My opinion anyway bro. Not light cause tio on on leaf is like that but other is curling up but brown first. Light would just be opposite curl up then brown

What's maron deficiency ? Never heard of it.
God knows what's up with it but it's been getting worse over the past day or two.

What's maron deficiency ? Never heard of it.
God knows what's up with it but it's been getting worse over the past day or two.
What happens to strawberries check see in your chems if u have any in them and give alittle touch . If I can think right calMag has it and so does microb stuff does too.

What happens to strawberries check see in your chems if u have any in them and give alittle touch . If I can think right calMag has it and so does microb stuff does too.
It's Mb on periodic chart least think it is haven't woke up yet

Looks pretty dry.
One other thing I have noticed this time around from the previous grows is that my humidity is way low. Never had humidity this low in the twnt before. At the moment it's sitting at 35% temp is 22c.
35% is way too low for such small seedlings. Usually about 70 - 75% is recommended. They don’t yet have a root system big enough to be able to handle that elevated level of transpiration.

Looks pretty dry.

35% is way too low for such small seedlings. Usually about 70 - 75% is recommended. They don’t yet have a root system big enough to be able to handle that elevated level of transpiration.
Is that what's causing the issue here with the plants ?
I'm using the humidifier at the moment, RH is up at 71% now couldn't get distilled or de-ionised water today so using normal tap water, just it leaves a lot of residue due to the minerals so didn't want to use tap water but will need to until tomorrow when the store is open again to buy some.

Is that what's causing the issue here with the plants ?
Yes - that’s my first thought.

Next - I see that you have Rhino skin (silica). Are you adding this to the water first (before the CalMag)? And how much are you adding?

Yes - that’s my first thought.

Next - I see that you have Rhino skin (silica). Are you adding this to the water first (before the CalMag)? And how much are you adding?

Yes I have the rhino skin there. I haven't used the rhino skin at all yet. The instructions say to use beginning of flower through to 1 week before harvest.

Back
Top Bottom