MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

Where in the UK were you stationed ? There was a couple of barracks / raf station's close to where I live but they were closed and moved elsewhere.
Oh God . Can't remember name. Been there three times. But never stayed there much. We were off grid. Dragging things out of the woods most time.. things that wasn't ours and no one talks about.. kinda stuff. Most time we were there but not there.. but base we flew out of was one south of London. Still can't remember that base name.

Oh God . Can't remember name. Been there three times. But never stayed there much. We were off grid. Dragging things out of the woods most time.. things that wasn't ours and no one talks about.. kinda stuff. Most time we were there but not there.. but base we flew out of was one south of London. Still can't remember that base name.

South of london is nowhere near me then, I'm the other side of the UK where we say auch aye the noo, wear see you Jimmy hats and man skirts and chase haggis around mountains with golf clubs for sport :rofl:

South of london is nowhere near me then, I'm the other side of the UK where we say auch aye the noo, wear see you Jimmy hats and man skirts and chase haggis around mountains with golf clubs for sport :rofl:
Lmao. No comment. Lmao

Hiya MGD! :high-five:

Glad I found your new journal! Your little girls look like they are getting off to a good start.

I may have missed this (or just forgotten :rolleyes:), are you using tap water or RO? If you are using tap, it would be good to know what’s in it. It may already have enough Ca and Mg.

In any case, the doses in the chart you posted on page 2 provide the following:

1ml/L each M/B/G is:
60 ppm N (ok)
13 pmm (ok)
66 ppm K (ok)
24 ppm Ca (low)
1 ppm Mg (low)

Adding just 0.8ml/L of GH CaliMagic results in a total:
68 ppm N
64 ppm Ca
13 ppm Mg (still a bit low, but easily fixed with 0.2g/L of Epsom salt, which brings the Mg up to 32 ppm)

The Week 2 dose provides:
120 ppm N (probably ok for most vigorous strains but some may complain)
26 ppm P (ok)
132 ppm K (probably ok for most)
48 ppm Ca (low)
2 ppm Mg (low)

I would add 1.2ml/L CaliMagic and 0.33g/L Epsom to bring Ca up to 108 ppm and Mg up to 52 ppm.

The Week 3 dose is too high - it doubles the Week 2 ppms :eek:

239 ppm N
51 P
265 K

I would stay on the Week 2 dose until you see a slight fade in lower leaves before bumping up a little.

Hiya MGD! :high-five:

Glad I found your new journal! Your little girls look like they are getting off to a good start.

I may have missed this (or just forgotten :rolleyes:), are you using tap water or RO? If you are using tap, it would be good to know what’s in it. It may already have enough Ca and Mg.

In any case, the doses in the chart you posted on page 2 provide the following:

1ml/L each M/B/G is:
60 ppm N (ok)
13 pmm (ok)
66 ppm K (ok)
24 ppm Ca (low)
1 ppm Mg (low)

Adding just 0.8ml/L of GH CaliMagic results in a total:
68 ppm N
64 ppm Ca
13 ppm Mg (still a bit low, but easily fixed with 0.2g/L of Epsom salt, which brings the Mg up to 32 ppm)

The Week 2 dose provides:
120 ppm N (probably ok for most vigorous strains but some may complain)
26 ppm P (ok)
132 ppm K (probably ok for most)
48 ppm Ca (low)
2 ppm Mg (low)

I would add 1.2ml/L CaliMagic and 0.33g/L Epsom to bring Ca up to 108 ppm and Mg up to 52 ppm.

The Week 3 dose is too high - it doubles the Week 2 ppms :eek:

239 ppm N
51 P
265 K

I would stay on the Week 2 dose until you see a slight fade in lower leaves before bumping up a little.

Hi FelipeBlu. Thanks for replying.

It's plain tap water I'm using, never used RO.
I don't know exactly what's in our water but I could try and find out as I know they do give readings for the water and this information is available to the public.

I noticed the week 3 dose was the same as week four and expected it would have been 3ml instead of 4ml that is suggested on the chart.

How will the addition of calmag, Epsom etc react with the nutrients etc regarding the pH with the pH perfect nutrients being super chelated. I don't know if it would affect how they work or not hence why I'm asking. I'm using the pH perfect nutrients so I don't need to mess around with pH. Apparently changing the pH with the AN nutrients can cause lock out and work best as intended where you just mix and feed without changing the pH.

I don't understand the science behind the advanced nutrients or how they actually work but I'm assuming you will and can give a better answer regarding using other nutrients etc alongside the pH perfect nutes.

Thanks again for your time.

MGD420

Not sure if you'll manage to read the results from the screen shots ?

Screenshot_20220130-185435_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-185446_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-185456_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Not sure if you'll manage to read the results from the screen shots ?

Screenshot_20220130-185435_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-185446_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-185456_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Wow - they listed just about everything - except calcium, magnesium, and total hardness - exactly what we’re interested in! Is there another page? Looks like good water otherwise.

Wow - they listed just about everything - except calcium, magnesium, and total hardness - exactly what we’re interested in! Is there another page? Looks like good water otherwise.
Yea the water is pretty clean in this part of the country.
No there was only the 3 pages but I'll try find out if there is any other information specifically regarding the calcium and magnesium.

How will the addition of calmag, Epsom etc react with the nutrients etc regarding the pH with the pH perfect nutrients being super chelated. I don't know if it would affect how they work or not hence why I'm asking. I'm using the pH perfect nutrients so I don't need to mess around with pH. Apparently changing the pH with the AN nutrients can cause lock out and work best as intended where you just mix and feed without changing the pH.
I don't understand the science behind the advanced nutrients or how they actually work but I'm assuming you will and can give a better answer regarding using other nutrients etc alongside the pH perfect nutes.
I don’t know how their proprietary tech works either, but the AN Sensi CalMag Xtra is made from the same ingredients (calcium and magnesium nitrates) as any other CalMag, so I think it probably isn’t an issue. Just remember to mix in CalMag really well first - before any other products. The Epsom can go in last. What I do is dissolve it in a half liter of warmed water before adding it to the rest of the mix.

I don’t know how their proprietary tech works either, but the AN Sensi CalMag Xtra is made from the same ingredients (calcium and magnesium nitrates) as any other CalMag, so I think it probably isn’t an issue. Just remember to mix in CalMag really well first - before any other products. The Epsom can go in last. What I do is dissolve it in a half liter of warmed water before adding it to the rest of the mix.

Thanks for the reply FelipeBlu.
You know more than me so I'll go with that.
I have some Epsom salt in the cupboard. I'm guessing it doesn't have to be anything specific and any Epsom salt for human consumption will be good ?

Thanks again, your help and advice is appreciated.

MGD420

i honestly never worried about when i tossed the calmag in. unless you're active hydro it's not a deal breaker.

the biggest difference is whether you get precipitate or not. and how much. precipitate only matters in active. it would have to lock up loads otherwise, and there just isn't enough there to do it chemically if used correct.

any 1-0-0 or 2-0-0 calmag product will work well if used judiciously. most can be used at half to 3/4 strength or less if you are n sensitive or on tap.

if you are active hydro you do have to pay attention to the order you mix. it will largely neutralize in the res though no matter the approach. active mixing in the res or airstones before circ goes a long ways and is a good idea.

i honestly never worried about when i tossed the calmag in. unless you're active hydro it's not a deal breaker.

the biggest difference is whether you get precipitate or not. and how much. precipitate only matters in active. it would have to lock up loads otherwise, and there just isn't enough there to do it chemically if used correct.

any 1-0-0 or 2-0-0 calmag product will work well if used judiciously. most can be used at half to 3/4 strength or less if you are n sensitive or on tap.

if you are active hydro you do have to pay attention to the order you mix. it will largely neutralize in the res though no matter the approach. active mixing in the res or airstones before circ goes a long ways and is a good idea.

Thanks for the reply bluter and welcome to the journal, hope you'll stick around.

Does anybody know if the Advanced nutrients specifically the pH perfect Micro, grow, bloom go bad. I have around 1/4 of each left over from the first grow this time last year and noticed that the micro is a lot darker than the new stuff I have and just wondering if it's went bad and if it would still be good to used.

Thanks

MGD420

@FelipeBlu

Is the above good to go once mixed or once mixed do I further dilute with water until 300 ppm is reached as suggested in an earlier post by Bill.

Thanks again.
MGD420
Hiya MGD
That mix is good to go - it should come in around 300 ppm TDS/0.6 EC
YMMV

Back
Top Bottom