Mitchazzle's First Grow - Black Indica - Week 6 Flower

Mitchazzle

Hey guys, what's going on? been browsing these forums along with others (this one with the best community from what I can tell!) for a while now. I've never posted anything just out of not feeling completely prepared, hoping to just have some fun and learn all I can l, always open to constructive criticism; not claiming to know everything. I've had one previous grow when I was a senior in high school but didn't get out of veg for fear of getting caught! Now I am in my late 20's and have enough of a financial backing that I could afford to invest some time and finances into my grow....... So having the opportunity that I had, I took it.

About my set up...
I started it all with about a 4x3x5 box. I have one six inch inline running the cooling on my 1000w light l, and one four inch setup to my carbon filter. The reason I say started is because I ended up realizing quite early that that size wasn't going to be the best route for where I wanted to go ( as far as height and temp). So I upgraded, built my own shed on the side of my house ran electricity to it and now I have two rooms 4x4 with plenty of room for height. The box is completely sealed. This seems to be a good place to start, still missing a few components as far as an A/C unit, CO2 are concerned but considering this is my first grow those will come as time progresses.

About the plants now!
I bought my seeds from CK seeds, right now on this first grow I have 5 black indica and 1 white widow going. I did a lot of research on different growing methods as in LSTing, FIMing, mainlinning just to name a few. I decided that I was going to mainline my plants and go for 4 main colas, as you'll see that didn't always work out as planned which I was totally fine with considering this was all experimental. Some plants have 4 perfect colas like I intended and some of the other plants I ended up breaking a couple of mainlines off but I just dealt with it and moved on. Anywayz I vegged for about 8 weeks, which probably lasted a little longer than it should of just because of my inexperience with the process as a whole. Right now I am 6 weeks into flower and as you'll see i have had problems but like i said, I just try to learn what I can not overreact and just keep moving with the plant. They currently are sitting in 5 gallon pots of fox farm ocean soil, been running just the organic big bloom by to farm as well. That'll all change next grow because I am switching to a six bucket hydro set up as well as different nutes.

Well I think that's a big enough introduction into my setup, if all goes well and you are interested I'll post more often. I've been having a lot of fun, to be honest you guys don't know how much of an input you've all had on this box and while I cannot list individual names is like to thank all of you guys for your knowledge and help! Happy growing.
image9306.jpeg
image9307.jpeg
image9308.jpeg
image9309.jpeg
image9310.jpeg
image9312.jpeg
image9313.jpeg
image9311.jpeg
image9314.jpeg
image9305.jpeg
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Nice setup, lots of watts. That's what I like to see. I'm down for some black flowers.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Alright alright alright, couldn't get the pictures to upload last night properly and I was too stoned to keep my eyes open for the effort! This morning though is different. It is week numero 6, The weed fairy has come and sprinkled her keif dust all over my plants! They were looking extra frosty when I opened the room yesterday, everytime I open my room now the smell just instantly smacks me in the face. It's a nice pleasant smack though.... Like she's saying "I love you, but I'm here to fuck shit up". Right meow the plants are slowly starting to work their way back from the cal/mag deficiency I had because I'm a noob and didnt remember you have to supplement that when using RO water. As far as bud quality is concerned i was kinda nervous on when, if ever, the bud was going to start stacking. I could see where the bud was originating from but since this is my first real grow I couldn't see it all forming....... Now I can and they are starting to form into some really dense nugs. Other that everything is steady. Should have more updates here soon. Stay frosty.
image7814.jpeg
image7815.jpeg
image9386.jpeg
image9387.jpeg

Grows looking great so far I decided upon scrog for my first grow but mainline is definitely a future option, your buds really are stacking now and look impressive I'm just entering week three flowering of my scrog and have so many tops that mainlining like this seems a far easier maintance set up ... Take a look
image9390.jpeg

All the tucking became a nightmare at over an hour most days I'm pleased it's time to let my babies go up

:goodjob:

Grows looking great so far I decided upon scrog for my first grow but mainline is definitely a future option, your buds really are stacking now and look impressive I'm just entering week three flowering of my scrog and have so many tops that mainlining like this seems a far easier maintance set up ... Take a look
image9390.jpeg

All the tucking became a nightmare at over an hour most days I'm pleased it's time to let my babies go up

:goodjob:
Nice, old school mag ballast kicks but.

Cheers

Too bad, they have cool duel spec bulbs that need mag ballast, I was looking at getting one just to run that bulb. But my dial-a-watt does what I need.

Cheers

After what you just said I was left scratching my head so have just checked ! it is a a magnetic ballets not digital you got me thinking as it was supplied with dual spec bulb ! My bad and thanks for a lesson on my own equiptment ! It's a lumii tima 600w magnetic ballast I read some mixed reviews but decided to give it a shot and seems to work well so far ! Only issue is if for some reason power cuts it resets timer from when turned back on and has no visual way of knowing when or how many hours ... I guess that would be rare but just Somthing to bare in mind thanks again for your input and sorry to hijack the thread :Namaste:

Thanks smokie! This has been a lot of fun. I wish I did as much studying for my girls as I did for school. You grow?

I know what ya mean!

I do grow. I found your journal by you commenting on mine actually lol

After what you just said I was left scratching my head so have just checked ! it is a a magnetic ballets not digital you got me thinking as it was supplied with dual spec bulb ! My bad and thanks for a lesson on my own equiptment ! It's a lumii tima 600w magnetic ballast I read some mixed reviews but decided to give it a shot and seems to work well so far ! Only issue is if for some reason power cuts it resets timer from when turned back on and has no visual way of knowing when or how many hours ... I guess that would be rare but just Somthing to bare in mind thanks again for your input and sorry to hijack the thread :Namaste:

You're all good man! I ain't trippin! That canopy looks awesome hahaha part of the reason I didn't do scrog was because it seemed like a lot of maintenance, so the mainline was the option for me very minimal work just defoliation here and there and pretty much let them go! But I am going to do my next grow with a scrog and some DWC buckets, should be a lot of fun. I did have a magnetic ballast but it got way too hot and the humming gets to you so I bought my self an upgraded digital NanoLux with dimable settings. Eventually the plan is to get a 400+ Spectrum King LED just to get the electricity bill down. I still can't get over how fucking full your canopy is.

Back
Top Bottom