MJ420's Second - Dutch Passion's Blueberry and Strawberry Cough Fem SCROG

Re: MJ420's Second. Dutch Passion's Blueberry and Strawberry Cough Fem SCROG

Lookin healthy. Healthy babies are the key to a good harvest.

Lookin healthy.
Healthy babies are the key to a good harvest.

Senor_Spliff,
I hear that. ;)

Thank you for stopping by !
MJ420:peace:

Hey 420,

I need some advise !

As you can see in my pictures, the dirt does not come up to the rim .
Or even very close!
rsz_12-13.jpg

I ran out of Fox Farm Ocean Forest so I am thinking about filling in with some regular dirt.

Obviously, I'm gonna stay away from Miracle Grow,
But I am looking for a dirt that would be available at Lowe's , WalMart , etc.

What do you think I should do here ?

I'd like to just get a mix with no nutrients so I can fill in what I'm lacking !

Or

On the flip-side of that, do you think that I will have enough space for my whole grow?

Thank you for looking !

if i were you i would star that in a half gallon pot then move them and you would see the steps of growth and the explosion after replanting it also utilizes very ealy your soil so roots dont just hit bottom and then come up. at lowes hum Iread on another thread the other day there is stuff there called jungle "Ithink" I know and remember the fellow said it is ORGANIC and has a TIGER on the front hope this helps i can post a pic of a 2 week old plant in a pint picture i will take a pics tomarrow and show you i love growing like this and it is so easy to transplant

at lowes [...] there is stuff there called jungle "Ithink" I know and remember the fellow said it is ORGANIC and has a TIGER on the front...

Yes. It's called Jungle Growth and its what we use. It comes in a black bag and there's a tiger on the front. If I remember right it goes for around $10 for a 40 liter bag.

if i were you i would star that in a half gallon pot then move them and you would see the steps of growth and the explosion after replanting it also utilizes very ealy your soil so roots dont just hit bottom and then come up.

Called jungle "I think" I know and remember the fellow said it is ORGANIC and has a TIGER on the front hope this helps i can post a pic of a 2 week old plant in a pint picture i will take a pics tomorrow and show you i love growing like this and it is so easy to transplant

PAchamama,

Thank you for your help !

So, would you dig the plants out of what I have them in now and go into a smaller size ?

Is it really that beneficial ? Pros/Cons

About the dirt,
I'm looking today !
Thank you

Would you dig the plants out of what I have them in now and go into a smaller size ?

Is it really that beneficial ? Pros/Cons

What do you guys think is the best option for me ?

Beautiful setup, even prettier plants you have there. I noticed that you are running the exhaust into a dryer vent, if i were you i'd check the temp on said went if the locals tend to run around with thermal cameras. Hot exhaust = brigth red on a cold day.

Otherwise, intrested in seeing how this turns out, best of luck and +rep

Yes. It's called Jungle Growth and its what we use. It comes in a black bag and there's a tiger on the front. If I remember right it goes for around $10 for a 40 liter bag.

I'd like to check this out myself.

As far as transplanting do not dig anything you will damage the roots. I usually put plant between middle and ring fingers and turn upside down to try to palm the root ball as gently as possible and place in already moistened soil that will bring your plant up to the level you like.

Hope this helps.
:rollit:

Beautiful setup, even prettier plants you have there.
I noticed that you are running the exhaust into a dryer vent, if i were you i'd check the temp.
The locals tend to run around with thermal cameras.

Hot exhaust = Bright red on a cold day.

Thank you Stakkur !

I have actually scrapped the dryer vent recently for venting into my back room because of that.

Fucking thermal ! :grinjoint:

Dude a week ago I would have shit my pants after you said that ! haha
Still some very valuable info! Good looking out !

Thank you for stopping by ! +Rep

As far as transplanting do not dig anything you will damage the roots.
I usually put plant between middle and ring fingers and turn upside down to try to palm the root ball as gently as possible and place in already moistened soil that will bring your plant up to the level you like.

Hope this helps.
:rollit:

Hey BassBong,
Thank you for your help man !

Well they were transplanted fairly recently so I know approx where the roots are,
So I'm pretty sure I could get the plant out with out even touching the roots !

I'm still a little confused man . :hmmmm:

Do you still think if, I can get the plants out with out damaging the roots,
That I should use smaller pots ?

Or

Do you think that I should wait untill the plants get bigger and can hold more dirt in (say a few weeks before flowering) then do the turn and palm move and fill in?

Haha, turn and palm cracking me up !

Thanks

fellow grower I only said it because they look sooo small in the and i would hate to see the hit bottom so quick in life and it would not use soil as effient. I like this because the explosion of growth you see when you replant . here is the pics of my two clone growing great.

1 pint blue mystic clone 11" 20 days
bugs_016.jpg

1 quart afghanXmazar clone 10" 20 days
bugs_017.jpg

blue mystic mother in flower week 3
bugs_020.jpg

hope this help i will post anothe rpic for you tomarrow because today i transplanted the BM into a five gallon because the roots were fully colonized waterd and supercroped through into flower for a quicky. it would be a 2 gallow but i am out of them at the moment.

I would be for it if you think you CAN DO IT. a couple roots will never hurt anything remember it is in the WEED family

PAchamama,
Your Right ! :grinjoint:
We just love our weeds !

I can do it but,
Do you think I need to, to get the veg time to fill my screen and flower?
If I need to do that to maximize my pot/dirt that's what I'll do !

Or
Should I just re-transplant or fill in when they are bigger?

Thank you for your help !

quicker the better but please for the sake of science leave one alone and we can see growth differences side by side add a little flare to the journal.

Alright, Thanks !

That's an awesome idea !
Aww
But since they are such radically different strains it seems it would be hard to compare.

First time with these strains too ! lol

Oh well,

Future talk,
I'll do it with clones on my next run !

+Rep :grinjoint:

you can wait till they fill those pots then pop them out and fill in underneath with extra dirt and then put them back in so that it brings them up to the top of the containers.
as far as whether you will have room or not.
how big is your grow area?
how big are your pots again?
and do you plan on lsting?

btw how are they holding together?

Back
Top Bottom