MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts

Re: MK-Ultra Hempy, C02, 1000watts.

You know, I've been thinking of how much fun it is to grow all day long today.

Yeah, I think it could be mostly due to the THC ;), but there's a lot of other fun stuff about growing that I find rewarding besides smoking.

I'm going to crank my space heater up a bit. My temps are closer to 70 than 80, and I think that may be another factor in your seedling's rapid growth.

This is gonna be a lot of fun bro, I'm glad we got our seedlings going at around the same time ;).

How big are the final hempy buckets and are you going with the same Perlite/vermiculite ratio as on the last grow?

You know, I've been thinking of how much fun it is to grow all day long today.

Yeah, I think it could be mostly due to the THC ;), but there's a lot of other fun stuff about growing that I find rewarding besides smoking.

I'm going to crank my space heater up a bit. My temps are closer to 70 than 80, and I think that may be another factor in your seedling's rapid growth.

This is gonna be a lot of fun bro, I'm glad we got our seedlings going at around the same time ;).

How big are the final hempy buckets and are you going with the same Perlite/vermiculite ratio as on the last grow?

I'm using the exact same buckets I used last grow...same ratio. I'm gonna crank up my C02 tonite.....and I think I'll put 'em under the MH in a day or two.

In a few days I'll spray some liquid light on 'em too. Got samples of LL and Penetrator from our favorite underground hydro...

In your experience, how extensive is the root system with plants the size/age of mine?

I'm using the exact same buckets I used last grow...same ratio. I'm gonna crank up my C02 tonite.....and I think I'll put 'em under the MH in a day or two.

In a few days I'll spray some liquid light on 'em too. Got samples of LL and Penetrator from our favorite underground hydro...

In your experience, how extensive is the root system with plants the size/age of mine?

I'm very curious about the Penetrator and LL after reading some favorable reports. Didn't know about the samples, I'll ask if there's any more next time I go.

In my experience, root system growth is always at least equal to or more extensive than above-ground growth.

One thing you could do in order to see where the roots are in the germination cups would be to use clear plastic cups with removable black paper sleeves or something to keep the roots dark.

I'm very curious about the Penetrator and LL after reading some favorable reports. Didn't know about the samples, I'll ask if there's any more next time I go.

In my experience, root system growth is always at least equal to or more extensive than above-ground growth.

One thing you could do in order to see where the roots are in the germination cups would be to use clear plastic cups with removable black paper sleeves or something to keep the roots dark.

The hydro guy has samples of all kinds of stuff....:grinjoint:
Your suggestion about the cups is excellent. I did read that somewhere, but forgot/neglected to do it on this grow. Perhaps I'll do it on the next.

Well, just a few minutes ago, I turned on the C02 and the 1000watt MH. I put the light about 3 feet above the cups, which grew another set of leaves yesterday. They are growing really fast.

I'll up their nutes a bit when I water....then in a couple days I'll try the LL.

Well, the 6 that sprouted first spent a day under the big MH light. They look very happy! The two late comers need a few more days to harden off, then I'll put them under the big light too.

They were thirsty.....gave them 1/2 strength from the FF schedule, plus 4 drops of superthrive and 2ml of VitaBoost Pro. PH'd to 6.3.

I'm going to lower the PH to 5.8 once I transplant, which might be in a week at the rate these things are growing. I'll take closeups later tonight or tomorrow, but they are throwing out leaves like crazy....they're green and perfectly healthy.
IMG_03004.JPG

IMG_03014.JPG

Those plants are well on their way, nice, and healthy looking, great job...

These pics were taken just prior to a spraying with Liquid Light/Saturator. (Same as penetrator)
I soaked the seeds 15 days ago, so all this growth is under 2 weeks. Seems pretty fast to me.
IMG_03024.JPG

This one is the tallest, but is also a bit droopy....nothing too bad, just not quite as sharp as the others.
IMG_03034.JPG

One of the late hatchers
IMG_03044.JPG

the last one to pop
IMG_03064.JPG

Seems fast to me too.

I'm gonna post pics of mine tonight. Mine are doing good, but they're not quite as far along.

Different strains though, so it may not mean much.

thanks for the update!

is this your first spraying with the liquid light? did you spray all of them, including the late hatchers?

Seems fast to me too.

I'm gonna post pics of mine tonight. Mine are doing good, but they're not quite as far along.

Different strains though, so it may not mean much.

thanks for the update!

is this your first spraying with the liquid light? did you spray all of them, including the late hatchers?

It was my first spraying, and I only sprayed the six bigger ones. We'll see tomorrow if I killed 'em, stunned 'em or if the stuff works.

I'm getting all kinds of crazy ideas about nutes...actually thinking of using some time released stuff when I transplant.

Yeah, I read your osmocote and dynamite comments ;).

I know we both agree that some of the nute companies are trying to convince us to use a myriad of supplements and expensive crap that probably don't have as much effect on yield as claimed.

I'm dying to do a comparison grow with something like Schultz versus some expensive nutes.

The issue with time-release is that if you have to add nutes for some reason, you can burn your plants because you don't know how much of the time-release ferts they are uptaking.

On the other hand, like you said, if you've grown tomatoes successfully with the stuff, you can grow MJ also.

Yeah, I read your osmocote and dynamite comments ;).

I know we both agree that some of the nute companies are trying to convince us to use a myriad of supplements and expensive crap that probably don't have as much effect on yield as claimed.

I'm dying to do a comparison grow with something like Schultz versus some expensive nutes.

The issue with time-release is that if you have to add nutes for some reason, you can burn your plants because you don't know how much of the time-release ferts they are uptaking.

On the other hand, like you said, if you've grown tomatoes successfully with the stuff, you can grow MJ also.

Well, my thinking with the Dynamite is as follows:

It's 13/13/13 with micronutrients as well. Slow, time release, and they sell products formulated for different temperatures.

Osmocote has a 15/9/12 product that has all the micro's as well.

Use half of what they recommend and supplement as needed with other stuff. Both products are guaranteed not to burn...they don't dissolve in water, they basically leak nutrients over time, so half a dose should be fine. Just give a little extra here and there with other nutes, bloom booster, accelerators, etc.

I mean, it's just insane how many different packages and bottles of crap I have to grow weed! Meanwhile, not 30 feet away I have raised beds and non-ph'd water, where I had a ton of healthy vegetables. I amended the soil in the raised beds with Osmocote and did a small top dressing with bat guano....once.

We had all kinds of produce and the tomatos needed their cages re inforced.

The more I think about all the hype and worry the less I believe all the claims from nute sellers.

I do believe that a really skilled grower might be able to mix and match a better product......southernweed does this......but I look at all these people who burn the crap out of their plants, or who have all the leaves go yellow and fall off and I ask myself why this doesn't happen in my garden?

I may just take one or two of this bunch and throw some dynamite in the pot.

I'll put in half of what they recommend

Liquid light update:

I sprayed with full strenth LL yesterday, about 3 hours before the lights went off. The lights came back on at 9PM yesterday and I snapped these pictures minutes ago...so they've been under the light for over 12 hours.

Here's a side view
IMG_03072.JPG

The leaves are definitely more perky.

Here's a before and after picture, less than 12 hours apart.

Before:
IMG_03024.JPG

After:
IMG_03085.JPG

To me, it looks a little more perky, a little more sharp. I don't know if that's just due to growth, or the LL, but one thing is certain: LL does no harm.

I look forward to using it when the plants get bigger, in hopes it increases yield a bit.

Update:
18 days from seed.

The good news: Most of the plants are doing really well.
The bad news: I've got one that is slightly droopy and lighter green than the others, and another that is really droopy. Pics below.

The one that is really droopy was the first to sprout and stretched way farther than the others.
The other one was quite healthy until recently.

First, a typical healthy one:
IMG_03093.JPG

IMG_03102.JPG

Now, the one that's lighter green and slightly droopy
IMG_03123.JPG

Close up of the worst leaf.
IMG_03135.JPG

The droopiest one:
IMG_03111.JPG

And finally, the whole garden, under the big light now.
IMG_03142.JPG

yellow one upper left, droopy one just to the right of the yellow one. The two smaller ones were the late hatchers.

Feeding: FF Grow, bloom 1/2 strength. 4 drops superthrive per quart.

Any ideas of what could be up with the 2 trouble plants?

Back
Top Bottom