MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts

Re: MK-Ultra Hempy, C02, 1000watts.

my guess is that they are root-bound.

Can you check the root balls?

I thought about that....but you can grow 'em pretty big in small hempy's. Could these really be rootbound. Only 18 days from seed?

man you need to transfer ASAP, i guarantee those roots are all over it, especially with the 1000w light... you want atleast a 3 gal plant... if you want a 5ft or taller plant then you want a 5 gal pot

No, I'm not trying to grow in a party cup! I started them in these cups and was planning on transplanting to 10litre pots. I grew some nice big plants in 10 litre pots last grow.....roots were beautiful.

oh, btw, your plants are overwatered... wouldn't be in an issue in bigger pots... or are you trying to see what you can grow in a party cup for fun?

Why do you say they are overwatered? They're in perlite and I water when the pot is light.

What matters more than age is their size versus the container. You're getting extremely rapid growth. Is it a couple of the larger ones that are doing poorly?

The two largest, healthiest ones are perfect. These two are medium sized.

I can't transplant till later tomorrow. I'll take pics of the root ball.

They aren't gonna die.....I just looked at em. They'll make it. The others are freakin gorgeous.

Aye yi yi.

Root rot. They sure aren't root bound.
Here's a comparison of the healthiest vs the droopiest:
IMG_03153.JPG

here's the yucky, icky roots.
IMG_03171.JPG

Why did this happen? Same mix, same feeding, same everything.....I speculate that it came from the soil and the fact that I put these little cups under the 1000watt MH and the cups got too hot, making a prime breeding ground for root rot.

I'm fixing the problem by turning on the AC, and transplanting the others ASAP, although they're all healthy. I think I'll water with some H202 as well.

Never a dull moment in my garden.....

On the other hand, my plants are growing really well! I think these sickies are going to be OK with a little tlc.

I think your theory is probably correct about temps in the cups.

Might be a good idea to get a soil thermometer and monitor temps in the cups. I like soil temps of around 72, with maybe a little higher for seedlings.

Never a dull moment indeed ;).

Glad you could check the roots and determine the problem. I know you didn't use them on this grow, but do you think clear cups would have revealed the root issue without having to slide the root ball out?

I'd try either raising the HID up higher or keeping them under the fluoro longer, leaning towards the latter. Even with the A/C, I would check soil temps because the pots are receiving so much direct light from the 1000w HID.

nice catch;)

I think your theory is probably correct about temps in the cups.

Might be a good idea to get a soil thermometer and monitor temps in the cups. I like soil temps of around 72, with maybe a little higher for seedlings.

Never a dull moment indeed ;).

Glad you could check the roots and determine the problem. I know you didn't use them on this grow, but do you think clear cups would have revealed the root issue without having to slide the root ball out?

I'd try either raising the HID up higher or keeping them under the fluoro longer, leaning towards the latter. Even with the A/C, I would check soil temps because the pots are receiving so much direct light from the 1000w HID.

nice catch;)

Thanks, bro. I moved the light up a bit higher. The other plants look great, and they can spend another week or two in the cups if all goes well.

The wicking action of the larger hempy buckets will keep the root zone cool, but there simply wasn't enough mass in the little cups.

I need to sell this damn BCNL Producer thing and get a really nice, big T5 lamp so I can grow small plants better! Once in the big buckets they do great under the 1k light.

Oh....clear cups inside the red ones.....definitely doing it next time. These cups are fantastic for germing seeds, as evidenced by the rapid, healthy growth.

Hey DocBud,

What's your potting mixture? I thought hempy buckets were perlite/vermiculite mix? How did soil get involved? Where they germed in soil cups and then placed in the hempy buckets?

the bottom half of the cup is pure perlite, the middle is 50/50 FFOF/perlite and the top 1/4inch is FFOF.

The first post of the thread explains my rationale for doing it this way, and I must say, except for these two, the plants have reacted VERY well. If they all get rot and die....I'll abandon this method.

the bottom half of the cup is pure perlite, the middle is 50/50 FFOF/perlite and the top 1/4inch is FFOF.

The first post of the thread explains my rationale for doing it this way, and I must say, except for these two, the plants have reacted VERY well. If they all get rot and die....I'll abandon this method.

Dude, page 1 was like 4 clicks ago. That's like...4 bowls ago. How I'm supposed to remember what's on page one? :roorrip:

Good catch on the root issues. I cant believe you had that issue in the cups. I have never had or hear of that before. Did you get plenty of run off when you watered? Anyway I am sure the plant will recover and rejoin the others healthier than every. Hope you had a great New Years and good luck with the rest of your grow.....

Good catch on the root issues. I cant believe you had that issue in the cups. I have never had or hear of that before. Did you get plenty of run off when you watered? Anyway I am sure the plant will recover and rejoin the others healthier than every. Hope you had a great New Years and good luck with the rest of your grow.....

I had lots of run off.

I think the problem was that I put these little cups under the big light, had the C02 cranked up....and with the 18 hour photoperiod the cups got up to room temp.....about 84 degrees.

Too hot for the roots, just right for the nasties.

This morning I checked on them, and the worst one looked better.

I can't wait to see them tonite. I think they'll recover.

I had lots of run off.

I think the problem was that I put these little cups under the big light, had the C02 cranked up....and with the 18 hour photoperiod the cups got up to room temp.....about 84 degrees.

Too hot for the roots, just right for the nasties.

This morning I checked on them, and the worst one looked better.

I can't wait to see them tonite. I think they'll recover.

Good detective work man! Glad to see you caught the problem so fast. Looking forward to those girls getting big! +Reps

Well, my sickies aren't dead yet. the others are still going strong.

The sickest plant, during the dark period, so it's droopy anyways. It's gonna take a while for the roots to regrow, and now they have to seek moisture too....but the perlite is probably the best medium to avoid rot.
IMG_03211.JPG

IMG_03221.JPG

The other sickie
IMG_03244.JPG

One of the healthy ones, by comparison. They're still in the cups.
IMG_03233.JPG

IMG_03253.JPG

So, worst case scenario, I'm looking at growing 6 healthy plants instead of 8. But I think these two are going to be OK.

I watered with an H202 solution and I'm going to submerge the other cups in a similar solution.

Back
Top Bottom