MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts

Re: MK-Ultra Hempy, C02, 1000watts.

This is Day 26 since germination. My photoperiod is now 15/9, down from 16/8, down from 18/6.

The internode spacing is still really tight.

First, the sickest plant:
IMG_03342.JPG

Some might say it looks pretty good, etc. However, it is still droopy, compared to the others. But, there is nice, green, new growth occuring. It's going to be just fine.

For example, here's the other sickie:
IMG_03363.JPG

And by way of comparison, here's what the others look like:
IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_03321.JPG

IMG_03311.JPG

Hopefully, I'll have time to transplant sometime this week, maybe tomorrow.
I've also got to decide which nutes to use. They're on FF right now....and doing well. Maybe i'll use FF.

This strain is supposed to be relatively tall....but I'm seeing ultra compact bushes. It will be interesting to see what happens when we flower.

Looking good!

Very fast growth!

I'm wondering if you would get that kind of rapid vegetative growth with a T5.

If you could just keep the cups cool enough.

They grew like crazy when I had them under the T5's. If anything, the MH has slowed them down, less stretch....but they are really compact and bushy.

I think I've solved the problem with the cups....I merely turned up the AC. When I get everything in the big buckets, I'll up the room temp to the mid 80's.

Last grow, most everything was Sativa dominant. These bushes look to be very Indica-like to me.

I've also lowered the RH to between 40 and 50, down from between 50 and 60. I had it up in the 70's during germination. Dan, at the hydro shop reminded me that Indica's tend to grow in the mountains, where there's lots of light, relatively dry, and not terribly hot, with a nice temperature drop at night.

I was making the environment more of a tropical situation, which might be great on another strain.

Thanks for stopping by SS. I'm on your journal a couple times a day, but I'm very busy right now, so I haven't been posting much. But I'm learning a lot, and I really enjoy watching you do your stuff.

We've got to get you a couple big lights.....with your skills you could go crazy.

Your girls look good Doc,starting seeds today in a similar manner as you did and just decided to try a hempy grow myself so I'll be watching your journal with much interest. I'll be using CFLs the whole way through with the exception of 2 100w hps in flower,so I won't get near the results you are. I look forward to learning much from your experience,so far everything you said makes a lot of sense.

Your girls look good Doc,starting seeds today in a similar manner as you did and just decided to try a hempy grow myself so I'll be watching your journal with much interest. I'll be using CFLs the whole way through with the exception of 2 100w hps in flower,so I won't get near the results you are. I look forward to learning much from your experience,so far everything you said makes a lot of sense.

Sweet! I'll be watching yours too. You won't be disappointed using the hempy bucket. It's just so dang easy.

Cool,easy is what I'm looking for since this is only my 2nd grow and the 1st was kind of an accident. I know I should do a journal but not sure yet if I will.

Cool,easy is what I'm looking for since this is only my 2nd grow and the 1st was kind of an accident. I know I should do a journal but not sure yet if I will.

Please consider doing a journal. Not only will you get top notch support----I couldn't have done my grow without it----but we'll all learn with you, and share your enthusiasm.

You'll save yourself money for sure. You'll also get a crop.

Do a journal! :cheer:

They grew like crazy when I had them under the T5's. If anything, the MH has slowed them down, less stretch....but they are really compact and bushy.

I think I've solved the problem with the cups....I merely turned up the AC. When I get everything in the big buckets, I'll up the room temp to the mid 80's.

good deal, I love easy fixes.

I've also lowered the RH to between 40 and 50, down from between 50 and 60. I had it up in the 70's during germination. Dan, at the hydro shop reminded me that Indica's tend to grow in the mountains, where there's lots of light, relatively dry, and not terribly hot, with a nice temperature drop at night.

I was making the environment more of a tropical situation, which might be great on another strain.

T.H. seeds says "mostly indica" and I'd think a cross of G13 X OG Kush would be mostly indica.

Sounds like good advice from Dan. It's good to research a strain before and during a grow to see what other grower's experience has been.

For instance, as far as VK goes, I've learned that it's fairly tolerant of nutes in veg, but becomes more sensitive as bloom progresses. It also branches so heavily that the center of the plants can get choked with growth, so it sometimes helps to open up the center of the plant by trimming or tucking blocking fan leaves.

In general, keeping temps from swinging too much from day to night helps promote shorter internodal spaces, but as Dan mentioned, strain-specific preferences are also really important.

Thanks for stopping by SS. I'm on your journal a couple times a day, but I'm very busy right now, so I haven't been posting much. But I'm learning a lot, and I really enjoy watching you do your stuff.

It's cool doc, I know how it is ;).

We've got to get you a couple big lights.....with your skills you could go crazy.

in due time, my good man, in due time ;).

Hey setting sun, do you have a journal going now? I would like to follow one of your grows, you obviously know what you are doing and I have much to learn.:peace:

wow those plants look amazing :grinjoint:

Thanks! They've grown so much in the last 2 days I think I'm going to transplant today.

Interesting grow style, so it is kind of a form of organic hydro? :ganjamon:

Beautiful plants +rep if I can.

Hey MH! The Hempy bucket could be classified as Shallow Water Culture, Passive Hydro.

For germination, I used a bit of soil on top, but for the main grow there will be no soil, just perlite and vermiculite.

I like this style for a number of reasons:

simplicity
yield
cost
light weight of materials
easier to fix problems with nutrients, etc.

I think you get the best of hydro along with the best of soil. It's definitely not the only way to grow, nor is it the "best," but is definitely works!

I'm curious as to how you decided to grow with Hempy buckets.

Did you find the method on your own looking at grows online, or did someone recommend it?

I am so ready to do passive hydro ;).

I think my first passive hydro grow will be a comparison of different media. Probably use buckets filled with straight hydroton, Perlite, , hygromite (sp?), coco, lava rock, maybe Turface if I can find some locally, and whatever else I can think of, lol.

Did you find the method on your own looking at grows online, or did someone recommend it?

I think my first passive hydro grow will be a comparison of different media. Probably use buckets filled with straight hydroton, Perlite, , hygromite (sp?), coco, lava rock, maybe Turface if I can find some locally, and whatever else I can think of, lol.

do it; or soilless mixes even.
I think you'll find little difference between hydro stones, hygromite, perlite, and rocks besides the price tag.

I found the method via research online. I was intrigued by hydro, and was all set to get a 32 cup aeroponics setup....then I noticed now many people have all kinds of trouble doing hydro.

So, I gravitated to DWC and grow cabinets, thinking I could have it all in one ready to go package.

Then I ran into a few grows on other forums using the hempy. All of them had really good yields and they all talked about how easy it was. They were right, and my first grow substantiates it.

So, I guess I did my homework and chose what seemed to me to be an idiot-proof method.

do it; or soilless mixes even.
I think you'll find little difference between hydro stones, hygromite, perlite, and rocks besides the price tag.

I think you'll find perlite works the best, due to the wicking action. I don't think hydroton would work in a hempy very well. Turface might be good.

But perlite is just so dang cheap and easy.....why mess with anything else? (besides for fun, that is. It's very fun to do so.)

Plants are looking very nice, the sick one seems to be putting on some nice growth, sure we will be fine. Probably more than fine and be one of you best plant in the near future... Great job...

Girls are looking good and the sick one seems to be recovering nicely:goodjob: I started seeds last night and am doing hempy, what is your opinion on adding sphagnum moss to retain moisture and nutes and encourage root growth outward as well as down. Also do you think it would be better to use tap water for micro nutes and minerals? My tap ph is good. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom