MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts

Re: MK-Ultra Hempy, C02, 1000watts.

the "sickie"

Yes, the sick one had root rot. I took it out of the cup and saw it....pictures upstream a bit.

The way I got rid of it....if indeed I did....was to wash the plants in an H202 solution. I made it pretty strong, about 25% H202 and 75% H20. I gently held the leaves above the water, and rinsed away all the soil and much of the perlite, until I had bare roots. You could see the rot getting attacked by the peroxide.

Then, I re-planted in pure perlite for drainage and oxygen. I've been watering with H202 solution....and while they haven't totally recovered, they are looking better. One of them has gotten the proper turgor back in the fan leaves, new growth is occuring....so I think I saved them.

The others all look great.

I've heard you can use a 20% bleach solution for root rot as well, but I used H202.

I'll start normal feeding again in a few days.

Things are getting better all the time.

This is the less sick of the two sickies:
IMG_03302.JPG

The worst of the two:
IMG_03272.JPG

Interesting about the one above; it sprouted first and stretched to double the height of the others. Did that make it more susceptible than the others?

A few shots of the rest 22 days from seed.
IMG_03281.JPG

IMG_03291.JPG

Hey Doc lookin good bud! I've never experienced root rot in my perlite hempy's before, I hear it can happen in the perlite/vermiculite hempy's though. I just started four fresh hempy's with that mix, I'm interested to see what gives the best results, I have some in 100% perlite, some in coco/perlite and some in perlite/vermiculite. So far I'm not thoroughly impressed with the coco ones I have flowering.. How long you been growin in Hempy's? I love the simplicity. :ganjamon:

I'll be watchin your grow man, Love MKU! :roorrip:

how odd they got sick in the roots if you're using hygrozyme

Well, I think I figured out why that happened. First of all, my medium isn't pure perlite. The lower half of the cups is all perlite, but the upper half is a soil/perlite mix. It doesn't breathe as well, but I thought it would germinate the seeds better and provide some nutrition during the first week. It performed very well in that capability.

However, the cups are small, and due to the rapid growth I put them under the MH light and cranked up the C02.

Canopy temps were in the mid-80's....which are perfect for larger hempy buckets and C02....but these small cups assumed room temp....which got the roots too warm.....hence the rot.

It's only affected 2 of them, and a mild case on a third.

I seem to have dealt with it....and things are getting back on track. I'm going to transplant into the 10 litre buckets within a week, and then we're off to the races.

I've also changed my photoperiod from 18/6 to 16/8. In a couple days I'll go with 15/9. After transplanting, I'll wait a week or two and go to 12/12.

Hashy! Thanks for visiting. I used perlite/vermiculite on my last grow....excellent results. Simple, above average yield.....I got 14.5 ounces dried from 5 plants on my first grow. That was all Hempy bro. I am still a novice.

I saw some of your advise in other journals and had to check out your journal, subscribed! now i have to start at the beginning and catch up on it:peace:

Glad to see you got things turned around Doc. Do you think the root-rot experience will make you go back to standard hempies, or does it have other advantages beyond germination? I love experiments :goodjob:

Good question! I haven't sorted it out yet. These germination cups have produced rapid growth. On the other hand, perhaps the soil caused the rot? Or was it the temps under the MH?

I could solve the latter by using T5's.

I'll be transplanting into the full sized, standard hempy's very soon.

Back
Top Bottom