Moony's Moon Shot! Journal Sponsored By Herbies Seeds!

Seems my instincts aren't too far off hehe. I think I'm fairly knowledgeable at this point but I'm also extremely anxious about basically everything so second guess myself all the time. I'm glad this community is here to tell me I'm doing ok :) thanks again everyone
Trust your instincts Moony! I've been trying to be better that as well. When I feel uncertain, I'm right there with ya and come here to look for answers.
Maybe I just got one that actually works, lol.
Dude...if it works for you then do it!!

I have gone through at least 6-8 units of different manufacturers. From multi 5-in-1 units down to just plain moisture probe, the latter being the most accurate actually. They are useful but just not accurate enough. You really need to have poke around in several spots to get accurate reads.

Just curious if you are a VPD chart follower. That is why I was asking about RH. I was having an issue with mine throughout my last grow (my 1st indoor). I was thrilled when I was finally able to get below 50% in flower...geez!

WooooHooooo!!! Fun list! Congrats

Oof...I forgot about the coco thing. I have not tried the moisture meter in just coco. My option was based on using soil only. Honestly, it is another tool that can help. If it helps, then great! For me, I'm typically too absent minded (suuuuuper baked) to remember where I left the damn probe thing. Then I just lift or pull out my handy BBQ bamboo skewers to SEE the moisture content and life.

As for coco growing, that is on my to-do list. I want to give it a try. Good luck and I'm sure they will bounce back perfectly with the last dose of nutrients.
Trust me, the one medium you DON'T need it for is coco. You'll see. Lol.

Just curious if you are a VPD chart follower. That is why I was asking about RH. I was having an issue with mine throughout my last grow (my 1st indoor). I was thrilled when I was finally able to get below 50% in flower...geez!

WooooHooooo!!! Fun list! Congrats

Oof...I forgot about the coco thing. I have not tried the moisture meter in just coco. My option was based on using soil only. Honestly, it is another tool that can help. If it helps, then great! For me, I'm typically too absent minded (suuuuuper baked) to remember where I left the damn probe thing. Then I just lift or pull out my handy BBQ bamboo skewers to SEE the moisture content and life.

As for coco growing, that is on my to-do list. I want to give it a try. Good luck and I'm sure they will bounce back perfectly with the last dose of nutrients.
Na I just know that when in veg they prefer the humidity higher and when in flower it's best to keep it lower to help the buds. I always seem to have low humidity especially during autumn and winter.

Oh forgot to mention that coco (or coco/perlite) is passive hydro, so nutes need to be pH'd in the mid to high 5s.
I was just going off the instructions on the Canna nutrients said 5.2-6.2 the last feed was at 5.9 so I think I've got that sorted :)

Quick update.

The girls have responded well to being fed. Most of the discolouration is gone now and they have a lovely deep green again. It's great to see them respond so well to the nutrients I have bought :) at least I know they do their job hehe.

IMG_20211115_114235.jpg

IMG_20211115_114239.jpg

IMG_20211115_114252.jpg

The topping has gone well also :) the girls now have 2 new tops on their way now.

Going to give them a week then I'll be starting to use some bends and LST to open them up a bit. Just want to let them get settled in their new pots before I start.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

Quick update.

The girls have responded well to being fed. Most of the discolouration is gone now and they have a lovely deep green again. It's great to see them respond so well to the nutrients I have bought :) at least I know they do their job hehe.

IMG_20211115_114235.jpg

IMG_20211115_114239.jpg

IMG_20211115_114252.jpg

The topping has gone well also :) the girls now have 2 new tops on their way now.

Going to give them a week then I'll be starting to use some bends and LST to open them up a bit. Just want to let them get settled in their new pots before I start.

Way to go Moon! Yeah, you can see they're on their way back to greenland. Nice save. Shed is the man. I was focused on deficiencies, and he realized that the deficiencies were a result of not feeding enough, rather than a specific one. Dude knows his stuff. I know you want to keep feeding CalMag, thinking it will green them up faster, right? I would. My unsolicited suggestion is to let the shot you gave them work for a watering or two before you decide if you need to do the .5 thing. Just a thought, but it appears that it's already helping along with the feeding. They will get greener than this. Good work man.

Way to go Moon! Yeah, you can see they're on their way back to greenland. Nice save. Shed is the man. I was focused on deficiencies, and he realized that the deficiencies were a result of not feeding enough, rather than a specific one. Dude knows his stuff. I know you want to keep feeding CalMag, thinking it will green them up faster, right? I would. My unsolicited suggestion is to let the shot you gave them work for a watering or two before you decide if you need to do the .5 thing. Just a thought, but it appears that it's already helping along with the feeding. They will get greener than this. Good work man.

We're on the same wavelength Jon hehe. Ive just literally made my mix up so it can have 24 hours to mix and be oxygenated by my system (makes it sound more fancy than it is. It's an air puck in a bucket hahah) the recovery seen is just from adding the A and B though so far

I did the recommended 40ml of A and B for the 10L mix and I added 8ml of the calmag. The pH was at 5.6 with only these two. This will be all they get this time and the next (10L is enough for 2 feeds for them all so a weeks worth of water/feed.

This was the best I could do without having to go buy PH up and messing around.

This took 2 attempts. I tried to do a mix with the above but with 1ml per Litre of cal mag plus and the ionic formulex. The pH was down at 4.2!

Turns out that all 3 lower PH but the calmag is very strong. So I removed the ionic. (It's mainly for root and early growth so can be removed from schedule now) and reduced the calmag to 8ml. Thankfully this resulted in a stable pH of 5.6.

Should be a great treatment anyway and will see how they look afterwards.

I may keep either 0.5ml of the calmag or the ionic afterwards if the girls are happy. Either of these would help keep my PH in the perfect mid to high 5s and also give them the extra calcium and magnesium and iron which is normally recommended for plants under LEDs.

I'll obviously keep you updated :)

We're on the same wavelength Jon hehe. Ive just literally made my mix up so it can have 24 hours to mix and be oxygenated by my system (makes it sound more fancy than it is. It's an air puck in a bucket hahah) the recovery seen is just from adding the A and B though so far

I did the recommended 40ml of A and B for the 10L mix and I added 8ml of the calmag. The pH was at 5.6 with only these two. This will be all they get this time and the next (10L is enough for 2 feeds for them all so a weeks worth of water/feed.

This was the best I could do without having to go buy PH up and messing around.

This took 2 attempts. I tried to do a mix with the above but with 1ml per Litre of cal mag plus and the ionic formulex. The pH was down at 4.2!

Turns out that all 3 lower PH but the calmag is very strong. So I removed the ionic. (It's mainly for root and early growth so can be removed from schedule now) and reduced the calmag to 8ml. Thankfully this resulted in a stable pH of 5.6.

Should be a great treatment anyway and will see how they look afterwards.

I may keep either 0.5ml of the calmag or the ionic afterwards if the girls are happy. Either of these would help keep my PH in the perfect mid to high 5s and also give them the extra calcium and magnesium and iron which is normally recommended for plants under LEDs.

I'll obviously keep you updated :)
Yup, you got this. Good deal. Yeah, I don't know from ionic, but it sounds like both do the same thing in regards to Cal and Mag, so just watch using them both. I'm loving the one or the other thing. I use the cal mag plus iron 2% N stuff for all the plants except the coco plants. They get the strong stuff from Blue Planet, at 8% N.

Yup, you got this. Good deal. Yeah, I don't know from ionic, but it sounds like both do the same thing in regards to Cal and Mag, so just watch using them both. I'm loving the one or the other thing. I use the cal mag plus iron 2% N stuff for all the plants except the coco plants. They get the strong stuff from Blue Planet, at 8% N.
Lol alot of people don't know ionic. But basically every grower who has a mother plant trusts them with Clonex. They are UK based so I think alot of their products haven't made it to USA like Clonex has, which is crazy as Clonex is basically industry standard from acre farms to indoor small operations.

I'll keep you updated. If they end up with an obvious cal/mag deficiency I'll look into upgrading.

The Canna boost will have all they need once they go into flower combined with the A and B and the carboload I should be getting some very nice big solid buds I'll just have to pray to the gods of weed :)

Lol alot of people don't know ionic. But basically every grower who has a mother plant trusts them with Clonex. They are UK based so I think alot of their products haven't made it to USA like Clonex has, which is crazy as Clonex is basically industry standard from acre farms to indoor small operations.

I'll keep you updated. If they end up with an obvious cal/mag deficiency I'll look into upgrading.

The Canna boost will have all they need once they go into flower combined with the A and B and the carboload I should be getting some very nice big solid buds I'll just have to pray to the gods of weed :)
I used the Canna soil set (complete) for the Chunkadelic. Awesome veg nutes at least, I screwed up budding a little with her so I don't feel I have a fair assessment of flowering yet. But I'll definitely use them again. Does the setup you're using also include the PK 13/14? Mine has that and it goes with the Boost mostly, a couple hits of it on the feed chart.

Looking good here my friend. Glad the girls got a little feed and the toppings went well! You're going to have some pretties, I know it! I'm glad we are only a few weeks off of each other. Thanks for the support on my grow while you are still trying to manage your own-its appreciated :)

I used the Canna soil set (complete) for the Chunkadelic. Awesome veg nutes at least, I screwed up budding a little with her so I don't feel I have a fair assessment of flowering yet. But I'll definitely use them again. Does the setup you're using also include the PK 13/14? Mine has that and it goes with the Boost mostly, a couple hits of it on the feed chart.
Na. From speaking to the guy at the shop he said if I'm using the boost as well as the carboload and A and B it will be fine without. The boost contains PK anyway so it could cause a overfeed if used.
Looking good here my friend. Glad the girls got a little feed and the toppings went well! You're going to have some pretties, I know it! I'm glad we are only a few weeks off of each other. Thanks for the support on my grow while you are still trying to manage your own-its appreciated :)
Hey krissi :) thanks!!! I'm not on as often as I was but I still try keep up with everyone's progress :) even if I don't comment I've probably checked them out

Update pics!

The girls area looking better and better each day. They are growing at a great rate too. So far very happy with the strains from www.herbiesheadshop.com.

Gave them a nice big feed yesterday and they are looking awesome!

IMG_20211117_115725.jpg

IMG_20211117_115729.jpg

IMG_20211117_115744_1.jpg

IMG_20211117_112737.jpg

Roots are already at the bottom of the new pots. look how thick and white they are!!
I think they love the medium and the white shark hehe I'm not worried about them needing to be repotted in 3 week now. They will definitely be ready for their final cloth pots by then. :)

IMG_20211117_115734_1.jpg

Update pics!

The girls area looking better and better each day. They are growing at a great rate too. So far very happy with the strains from www.herbiesheadshop.com.

Gave them a nice big feed yesterday and they are looking awesome!

IMG_20211117_115725.jpg

IMG_20211117_115729.jpg

IMG_20211117_115744_1.jpg

IMG_20211117_112737.jpg

Roots are already at the bottom of the new pots. look how thick and white they are!!
I think they love the medium and the white shark hehe I'm not worried about them needing to be repotted in 3 week now. They will definitely be ready for their final cloth pots by then. :)

IMG_20211117_115734_1.jpg
:thumb::high-five: hey little girls!

Quick update.

IMG_20211115_114235.jpg

IMG_20211115_114239.jpg

IMG_20211115_114252.jpg

Nice Moon! On the mend. You might watch those two on the front right - it appears you have a bit of that "dark veins light leaves around them" thing going on, which is an indication (potentially, maybe....) of iron lockout due to Ph being a bit off. That looks to me like the beginning of iron deficiency, maybe. I'd just keep an eye on it and make sure your Ph is where it needs to be. Nice growth! Getting bushier in there!!!!

:thumb::high-five: hey little girls!
Hey krissi! They are looking good now eh? :) Can't believe the root progress in 5 days already reaching the pot edge.
Nice Moon! On the mend. You might watch those two on the front right - it appears you have a bit of that "dark veins light leaves around them" thing going on, which is an indication (potentially, maybe....) of iron lockout due to Ph being a bit off. That looks to me like the beginning of iron deficiency, maybe. I'd just keep an eye on it and make sure your Ph is where it needs to be. Nice growth! Getting bushier in there!!!!
I think it's just what's left of the recovery. If you check out the other pics from a few days ago those where the leaves which where yellowed. They improve each day and look loads better than they did a week ago. I've added the cal mag pro which contains iron anyway and I always ph my mix before feed as well as when I mix 24 hours before. Both came in at a consistent 5.6 which is pretty much bang in the middle of the advised PH. It will be closer to 5.9 the next mix I think with me using less calmag at 0.5ml per litre.

Like I said I'm fairly sure they are just recovering from being underfed but I'll keep an eye on them. They are also under LEDs so they appear lighter in picture than they are. In person they look a great deep green without any worry up close.

The growth is great though. I'm only at 4 weeks since they where all poking out of the medium and they have a good amount of nodes. The topping has been successful too. I'm not sure if I should top the one in the centre. It is the smaller plant which was behind the others but when I repotted I put it high in the pot so it's similar height. If I top it will stunt its growth again but if I don't top it will reduce its yield and the available quality buds. Advice would be great. It's not like shes so far behind now. She's probably only a couple of inch shorter and the amount of nodes maybe 1 behind the others. She's really bushy though and would probably take to being topped quite well.

Hey krissi! They are looking good now eh? :) Can't believe the root progress in 5 days already reaching the pot edge.

I think it's just what's left of the recovery. If you check out the other pics from a few days ago those where the leaves which where yellowed. They improve each day and look loads better than they did a week ago. I've added the cal mag pro which contains iron anyway and I always ph my mix before feed as well as when I mix 24 hours before. Both came in at a consistent 5.6 which is pretty much bang in the middle of the advised PH. It will be closer to 5.9 the next mix I think with me using less calmag at 0.5ml per litre.

Like I said I'm fairly sure they are just recovering from being underfed but I'll keep an eye on them. They are also under LEDs so they appear lighter in picture than they are. In person they look a great deep green without any worry up close.

The growth is great though. I'm only at 4 weeks since they where all poking out of the medium and they have a good amount of nodes. The topping has been successful too. I'm not sure if I should top the one in the centre. It is the smaller plant which was behind the others but when I repotted I put it high in the pot so it's similar height. If I top it will stunt its growth again but if I don't top it will reduce its yield and the available quality buds. Advice would be great. It's not like shes so far behind now. She's probably only a couple of inch shorter and the amount of nodes maybe 1 behind the others. She's really bushy though and would probably take to being topped quite well.
Didn't know you were using the Calmag pro with iron. Gotcha. Good deal, they should keep getting greener like the others then, as you say. Nice. Just looking out for you buddy.

Didn't know you were using the Calmag pro with iron. Gotcha. Good deal, they should keep getting greener like the others then, as you say. Nice. Just looking out for you buddy.
It's all good Jon I appreciate it :) just letting ya know I'm doing something about it hehe

I would have to agree! It's amazing how well these girls recover and develop!!! Great job Moon!
Thanks Krissi! :)

Back
Top Bottom