Mountain Winter Indoor Grow

Day 69

Day 20 of flowering

Not alot to report today. Going to skip a day of watering to hopefully let all their roots have a dry moment to catch their breath...dont worry ill water them first thing tommorow. Possibly even feed again tommorow, not sure yet of our upcoming schedule.
I also apoligize to those following, i realize now most only post once a week rather than daily! lol..
Here is closeups of each lady's bud progress.
:yummy: :yummy::yummy:
Cheers!

20210204_104438.jpg

This is the BiP ive had longer and looks more like the seedlings. It has the most "color" so far.

20210204_104918.jpg

Here is the rescued bushier Breakfast in Paris.
20210204_105221.jpg

Wedding Cake
20210204_105139.jpg

Mid sized seedling; this one has most frosting on leaves so far.
20210204_105118.jpg

Shortest seedling
20210204_105057.jpg

Largest seedling. Skunky Cookies is taking her time with her buds even though when i count she has developed the most sites.

Taking some pretty pics and noticed what looks like an open pod on the mid sized one, still on her even! Now i found another very much like this on my shortest the other day and just figured was part of her strange genetics...do all females do this or are all these trying to hermie?! ( lord i hope not). Here is pics, these are all 3 from my middle girl..she looks friggin amazing overall. I do apoligize for my noobiness also. thanks !

20210205_151605.jpg

20210205_151429.jpg

20210205_151419.jpg

I read a post from someone claiming genetics knowledge who said all cannabis plants had the potential to hermie in order to self pollinate, some more than others. If it was me I'd probably try to use the pollen to make some seeds as it will then be feminized pollen. But will it produce plants that tend to hermie? I don't know. Most folk if they weren't giving it the chop would probably say to snip off all the balls/bananas wherever you see them.

Ive decided on waging war on the hermies and nipping every ball i see. No longer will i worry about hurting her by removing balls...here we go.
First, I only see any balls on the shortest still and no clusters at all and like 2 sacs per cola. Also even fewer on my middle sized girl, like 2 total for entire plant. Sneaky balls ugg..ill maybe keep to study or for possible polen but meh idk either ive heard both ways.

20210205_155844.jpg

Ok there are no more balls as of now and will continue to watch for more just in case. My suspicions were correct though...the shortest had tons, a few hiding in the buds of the middle girl, and thankfully my largest seedling nor my two big bushy clones or my manifolded clone have anything ball like at all and hopefully stays that way!
And the idea they do it to self pollinate isnt farfetched at all..almost every cola had two balls to each cola; once dissected one being male, the other female inside every time checked.
The bigger pile belonged to shorty and had quite a few singled out hiding in buds..
Im very glad i removed all these and may have completely dodged a bullet! (knock on wood).

20210205_163302.jpg

Day 22 of Flowering

My favorite time is starting..starting to see some color other than white. They smell delicious almost like skunky syrup? lol..
Picked every ball i could find off the shortest again, about a dozen or so which is more than id like to see after exterminating them last night. I see NO other balls on any other ladies after searching thoroughly. Deciding on giving her 3 days to figure herself out then seriously considering the chop as i definitely dont want any other girls "infected". Very sad and hardest part of growing for me, she smells and looks wonderful but is just to small to be producing so many balls that could ruin my whole crop. I'll keep knocking every ball i see off but if she makes more instead of slowing down i fear i wont catch them all. Time for wake n bake! From ours to yours..cheers!

20210206_095752.jpg

20210206_094751.jpg

The 2 above are both my Breakfast in Paris (French Toast) clone that ive manifolded
20210206_095824.jpg

20210206_095401.jpg

These 2 above are both my largest seedling and %99 certain shes Skunky Cookies.
20210206_095533.jpg

Wedding Cake clone rescue
20210206_095520.jpg

Left this BiP clone growing bushlike since her rescue
20210206_095459.jpg

Middle sized seedling
20210206_095316.jpg

The troublemaker...
20210206_100226.jpg

Sea of Green? I always try to keep canopy even as possible as they grow but its not perfect...as of this moment i have 2 seedlings tallest, the rescue bushes are slightly shorter, then the last seedling and clone have to be on milkcrates for now.

I read a post from someone claiming genetics knowledge who said all cannabis plants had the potential to hermie in order to self pollinate, some more than others. If it was me I'd probably try to use the pollen to make some seeds as it will then be feminized pollen. But will it produce plants that tend to hermie? I don't know. Most folk if they weren't giving it the chop would probably say to snip off all the balls/bananas wherever you see them.
Thanks

Despite my supercropping and lst efforts the eight main colas of my largest seedling just keep growing into each other it seems. So today i am going at a different approach to solve this problem. I found me a piece of cardboard and cut me out some "spacers" to fit between things down below. Voila! problem solved for now..awesome. For the record i didnt do horrible with my training because i only had to make 3 spacers.

20210206_124805.jpg

started thinking instead of milk crates..i used boxes more propotionate to what i need yet sturdy enough to hold a heavy pot. Then i put one of the old metal racks underneath the 2 bushy rescue clones giving them a few inches towards even also. I am very satisfied with the results and while not perfect it is definitely close enough to call it an even canopy. :thumb:

20210206_135913.jpg

Day 23 of flowering

Not finding anymore balls this morning thankfully. I found one that had a giant shoot of white hairs sticking out.
Performed my morning ritual.(water them and search for balls) but thats it, nothing else to report today.. the budlets are really thickening up, especially on the seedlings. Lots of snow outside today so dont be suprised when im back in a little while. Cheers!

20210207_084721.jpg

It has been a boring snowed in day around here...found myself in the garden, lol.
Im noticing today i can squeeze a nug of the French Toast strain gently and have a lingering aroma of maple syrup, very accurately named. Wow!
All my ladies are starting to get alot more frosting all over, got to look at the bushy girls hardest to notice but they frosty too! Mmm Im a proud poppa right now..here is a glimpse of each. So beautiful..

20210207_134713.jpg

Wedding Cake (bushy rescue clone)
20210207_134637.jpg

French Toast (bushy rescue clone)
20210207_134522.jpg

Middle girl (un-identified seedling)
20210207_134502.jpg

Shorty (un-identified seedling)
20210207_134438.jpg

Skunky Cookies (largest seedling)
20210207_134248.jpg

French Toast (manifolded clone)

At this stage in their life it is now obvious why if at all possible one should mainline or manifold train their plants as oppose to just leaving nature to its own growing..my trained plants; all 4 are slowing immensely in gaining height but all the tops are crowning and getting fatter by the day and the bottom colas are still stretching up and creating even more bud sites! The 2 rescues I left as bushes are doing well, just not as good...their are many, many budlets on both of these and in some spots looks like they may even form clusters and the lower sites are fattening also, just not near as much as the trained girls. Until now i was thinking the bushes may actually yield more but nope, i dont think they will be better than the trainees anymore. The age old question is asked, quantity or quality?

Speaking of...does anyone know any tips or suggestions for anything i can do to my bushy girls to increase bud mass? I already know i should remove some of the lower, smaller buds..
Both are growing colas straight up off the top with zero training which i find fascinating. Would really like to fatten these in particular if possible.
Rotated tent around so bushes back to front for time being. I'll get some shots of both "bushes".

20210207_143348.jpg

First ill show off Wedding Cake. Definitely the largest clone ive ever had. Ive read this a harder strain to grow and have had alot of yellow tips but nothing major since her rescue, hopefully i can handle it.

20210207_143522.jpg

20210207_143449.jpg

20210207_143431.jpg

20210207_143409.jpg

Next is my Breakfast in Paris bush (aka French Toast), this one looked awful for a week or longer when i brought home and i honestly thought it might keel over...but now im happy i nursed her back to health!

20210207_143732.jpg

20210207_143638.jpg

20210207_143626.jpg

20210207_143607.jpg

Day 24 of Flowering

One those mornings where i wish I could partake already they smell sooo good. But no, we still have many weeks until harvest and cure completes.
Ms. Troublemaker has zero balls for me to find today thankfully..
Done my morning ritual and off to my day, of course I'll be by to check in this evening. Cheers!

20210208_061616.jpg

20210208_060912.jpg

20210208_054856.jpg

Wow, they're really fluffy with white pistils. :Rasta:
Thanks! Yea im still only seeing color in a few spots which i believe means they still trying to fatten up some and i should just be patient.
They can do that all they need! Seems they are a little larger each morning which is fine by me because at first i had a fear they arent going to bulk out as much as id like..and im very excited to watch them change over the next weeks. Watching the colors come is the best next to smoking some for me. :bong:

Got to thinking (look out! lol) about my bushy girls and their lower budlet size issue..already pushing the amount of organic food they should get, i think im good there. Im constantly keeping up with everything possible.
But then it hit me and dont know why i didnt think of this sooner! They need more light down below and this will achieve that at least. Tied both bushes back on an angle so that light can touch all those unreached spots for a change. In about a week or so i will untie them and bend back the opposite direction and repeat the process. Last grow I done this with my Rossetta Stone clones and had good results increasing yield a tad i have no doubt. So here we go fingers crossed!:idea::goodluck:

20210208_105621.jpg

20210208_105252.jpg

Back
Top Bottom