Mr Am4zin 's 1st Effort - Small Stealth Cabinet - 300W LED

OK officially flapping right now, looked at underside of leaves with loupe....spidermites?
How do I get rid of these?
Screenshot_2015-04-14-23-48-45.png

a thorough drenching with insecticidal soap, as per directions,, but,, you need more help than i can give,,, can you remove the plant? would sure help to be able to,, good luck with that,, get on it too, right away,, please,,

insecticidal soap needs to hit the critter to kill it,, so,, a mega drenching,, then wait a minute or two,, and spray clean with plain water,, from a different spray bottle

a thorough drenching with insecticidal soap, as per directions,, but,, you need more help than i can give,,, can you remove the plant? would sure help to be able to,, good luck with that,, get on it too, right away,, please,,

insecticidal soap needs to hit the critter to kill it,, so,, a mega drenching,, then wait a minute or two,, and spray clean with plain water,, from a different spray bottle

Cheers buddy, can't do anything now till 9pm (12hours) as I'm at work and the Girls are asleep. Gonna pop over to my local hydro shop at lunchtime. I can move them if needed, will have to remove scrog tho.

Oh wow no man. I never had it but I've followed journals where they've battled spider mites and gnats. Seems like what works best is to be swift and thorough. Hang in there - growth and harvest are still doable :peace:

Cheers catman, it's got me panicked. I'll sort it tho, so close to harvest too

get a spray bottle, fill it with water and put 5 ML of grapefruit juice per L of water and 10 ML rosemary essential oils per L, mix it up and spray your plants down, after that wear some rubber gloves (thin gloves) and start cleaning it.

thats what id do, that recipe is not mine but its well known for working on problems like that.

best of luck

get a spray bottle, fill it with water and put 5 ML of grapefruit juice per L of water and 10 ML rosemary essential oils per L, mix it up and spray your plants down, after that wear some rubber gloves (thin gloves) and start cleaning it.

thats what id do, that recipe is not mine but its well known for working on problems like that.

best of luck

Cheers brother, am ageing shopping for supplies in my lunch. Will hopefully have something in place by the time lights come on

it's a real struggle brother, mites that is. In my honest opinion it's the worst kind of problem you can get in a grow cause it's very tough to get rid of them. I'd start with the organic recipe i posted and if that doesnt work you gotta move to some more heavy (even chemical) stuff. Don't worry about the quality you are going to bud wash your harvest anyway (i assume).

here is the bud washing link in case you weren't planning on doing so

it's a real struggle brother, mites that is. In my honest opinion it's the worst kind of problem you can get in a grow cause it's very tough to get rid of them. I'd start with the organic recipe i posted and if that doesnt work you gotta move to some more heavy (even chemical) stuff. Don't worry about the quality you are going to bud wash your harvest anyway (i assume).

here is the bud washing link in case you weren't planning on doing so

Cheers brother, gonna get on it later, got my shopping list. Wasn't planning on bud washing so will try organic route first and if I must then chemical it is. The joys of clones eh, seeds for me in future

best of luck

Cheers brother, went to my local hydro shop at dinner and they gave me a 50ml sample of plant vitality. With it being close to harvest I'm gonna blitz them with this every 3 days for 2 weeks and I'll look at bud washing.

Thanks all for your input
An amazing family we have here at :420:

well bud washing isnt really about organic or synthetic way of growing approach, but more like like every fruit you cut of a tree, you wash it before you consume. It takes care of soil/dust/pests and a lot of stuff like that, no THC is lost in the process (there were lab results from tests on washed buds posted on the topic).

i know this is kinda off topic now that you're going through that problem but when you get some time check out bud washing, you'll be amazed at how much it changes your product.

:Namaste:

....you'll be amazed at how much it changes your product.

Aye, I read about it on here so tried it on one mid-size bud and I think I liked it. Next harvest I'll wash a larger sample to try some blind testing on mates and do enough to last me at least a few days before I commit to washing all my bud.

The washing from what I can gather is supposed to reduce bacterial endotoxins or something and seems to result in a cleaner smoke. Even if all it does is wash off dust and other crap it struck me as something I wanted to try for myself.

well bud washing isnt really about organic or synthetic way of growing approach, but more like like every fruit you cut of a tree, you wash it before you consume. It takes care of soil/dust/pests and a lot of stuff like that, no THC is lost in the process (there were lab results from tests on washed buds posted on the topic).

i know this is kinda off topic now that you're going through that problem but when you get some time check out bud washing, you'll be amazed at how much it changes your product.

I knew what you meant brother it's just the way I wrote the reply..... I meant chemical way of removing the spidermites.
Bud washing was something I'd heard of but never really thought about or reaserched. After reading the thread you posted it's something I will try for sure, hey if it works for docbud it can work for me :thumb:

that's right man, and if i may add, thats a really healthy way to approach this whole thing. i'm telling you it could even help wash off all that extra stuff you're going to use to get rid of the mites. I never had mites before and honestly i pray to god everyday that i never will, but people that know a butt-lot more stuff than i do have dealt with it before and if you ask around in the right places you'll definitely get the best answer for it :)

i'm not really sure about that chemical and bud wash thing tho, you'll have to go over to doc buds Q&A thread or his Bud Washing thread and toss these guys a question, they'll explain it a lot better than i can.

im sorry you're going through this and best of luck again

I HAVE NEWS

When I got home from work today I removed the scrog and took my girls into the living room for a good look over. Not a single spidermite to be found. :thumb: I did find these little buggers tho

Screenshot_2015-04-15-22-05-03.png
Screenshot_2015-04-15-22-04-44.png
Screenshot_2015-04-15-21-30-38.png
Screenshot_2015-04-15-21-30-08.png

The black dots we saw on the other pic was the poop of these little buggers. I'm thinking gnat larvae as there are a few of them stuck to my sticky traps.

I'm not sure it'll this is good or bad news. Can i ask once again for the help of you fine people

Good pics to follow later :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom