Mr Am4zin 's 1st Effort - Small Stealth Cabinet - 300W LED

I wonder how many money spiders it would take to keep pests like that under control? Money spiders are the little black shiny ones you should be able to find running about over soil and in leaf litter and will eat small insects that might bother your plants. (Money Spiders - Linyphiidae - UK Safari)

If you have little spiders living on your soil and eating anything that moves hopefully there will be less chance of pests making their way up the plant.

Just a though whilst having my morning cuppa and the first fat one of the day :)

So people, it turns out my little girls have THRIPS. Small little things that suck all the sap out of my plants. I'm gonna go with a natural soap and garlic treatment in the hope that will kill them or at the very least hold them off for a few more weeks. I'm not gonna be able to get to shop to buy my supplies till Saturday ready for treatment on Sunday morning before the lights go out. So until then I'll just share a few pics that I took last night while I had the girls out of there little cabinet.

Mags

DSC_02754.JPG

DSC_02746.JPG

DSC_02704.JPG

DSC_02685.JPG

DSC_02643.JPG

DSC_02605.JPG

DSC_02568.JPG

Joy
DSC_02928.JPG

DSC_02916.JPG

DSC_02895.JPG

DSC_02875.JPG

DSC_02857.JPG

DSC_02846.JPG

DSC_02805.JPG

They will be fed later also when the lights come on.
Have a happy day everyone and I would also like to say a massive thanks for your continued help and support :Namaste::thanks:
Peace out people ✌

it's 'your' plant of the month pal,, nice work so far,, cheers,,,:Namaste:

Thanks catman. Not gnats, I have on good authority that they are thrips. I had it easy for so long in this journey and now it's time for the stress. From all accounts they are fairly easy to get rid of. Time will tell I suppose

I concur, those are thrips! Spray those bastards now! After you spray, new larvae will emerge from the soil to reinfect your plant, so keep spraying for a few weeks. You can use nematodes to kill the soil larvae. For spray, I have used monterey. But, I'm sure most sprays you'll find will do the job. There is plenty of information on the internet for getting rid of thrips. One strategy is to seal off the soil from the outside. In this way, the larvae won't be able to leave the soil to complete their life cycle. Good luck!

One strategy is to seal off the soil from the outside. In this way, the larvae won't be able to leave the soil to complete their life cycle. Good luck!
What if you put a layer of sand on top? Will the larvae be trapped? Wow, how much one can learn here. And is there universal bug prevention?

FLOWER DAY 44

HAPPY 420

Good Evening to my fine :420: family.

Well it's been a trying week, it's had its highs and it's lows, luckily the good out ways the bad. My ladies are looking OK, Thrips are still an issue. I gave them a spray with natural soap and garlic on Sunday morning just before the lights went off. On Sunday evening when the lights came on the little buggers were still munching away! So I ordered some neem oil and I'll give them a blast with that on Wed morning before lights off. I will be taking steps to ensure that they will never return on future projects. They had a feed last night and while I was there I was looking at the trichomes through my 60x loupe. They are mostly cloudy with a few clear and one or two amber. It looks like I may not make it to my 9 week harvest estimate, now looking at week 8 or slightly earlier, so it's plain water feeds from now on.

Plans for my next run are starting to get quite advanced, I've got the supplies for a small veg box that will sit on top of my main one. Will be using CFL lighting in there with a couple of pc fans for airflow. Not gonna bother with a filter as I had no smell issues on this run while in Veg.
Not sure on strains yet but will be running 1 photo for flux and one or two autos to fill the time gap while the photo fluxes out. Any strain tips will be helpful as my good lady would like to try a sativa dominant.

I'll sign off with some pics

DSC_000683.JPG

DSC_000772.JPG

DSC_001066.JPG

DSC_001264.JPG

And a trichome shot

DSC_001353.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and may your gardens remain green and luscious. Peace out people ✌

What if you put a layer of sand on top? Will the larvae be trapped? Wow, how much one can learn here. And is there universal bug prevention?

Thanks for your comments but I'm led to believe that the larvae live on the leaves so blocking the soil probably won't help.

Looks like you should get a fair few nice nugs off that:thumb:

Not sure on strains yet but will be running 1 photo for flux and one or two autos to fill the time gap while the photo fluxes out. Any strain tips will be helpful as my good lady would like to try a sativa dominant.

Can't recommend one I have tried as I'm on my first lot of autos but one I'm keen to try when my current autos are done and my photos get to 12/12 is this one.....female seeds co X-line Automatic AK47 (P1383) « Female Seeds.

Looks like you should get a fair few nice nugs off that:thumb:

Can't recommend one I have tried as I'm on my first lot of autos but one I'm keen to try when my current autos are done and my photos get to 12/12 is this one.....female seeds co X-line Automatic AK47 (P1383) « Female Seeds.

I'm hoping for an oz of dried bud. Any more is a happy and welcome bonus. As for the strain tip, AK47 is one that I've been looking at, I love couch lock but the wife, not so much

I'm hoping for an oz of dried bud. Any more is a happy and welcome bonus. As for the strain tip, AK47 is one that I've been looking at, I love couch lock but the wife, not so much

This one for the mrs then?.... Dutch Passion feminised seeds Dutch Haze (P473) « Female Seeds

I got about 4oz off the one I grew but as far as I'm concerned it was shandy weed.....might have been my lack of growing skills but I've never been a haze fan either.

Back
Top Bottom