My First Attempt

I was just going to do 2 my next run....but being as all 3 seeds sprouted I guess I'll see what happens. I'd like to get the gsc in 5 gallon pots instead of 3, and let them veg for 3 months instead of 2 and see what happens. Being as summer is about to start, I may just throw them outside at my folks house in their green house. Mom hasn't used it in years, figure it needs to be put to good use .

You did a great job on your first grow! I also started off with CFLs, but went real DIY on the "tents" (shelving covered with white tarps) and lotsa desk fans. A year in, I bought 2 MARS 300's for one unit, then bought 2 more for the other, when I saw what they could do. I still supplement the sides and lower branches with paired CFL's, though. I'm finding that it isnt worth the extra effort to develo p the lower buds, so will trim those out for clones while in veg next time.

Indicas are really nice for beginners. You absolutely have to try Autos. You can almost watch them grow. My Autoberry harvested at 84 days from seed and was around 4 feet tall. I just cut 3 ladies this week.

I'm an old vegetable/flower gardener, and soil is within my comfort zone. I'm going with one of the organic recipes from the organics forum here on 420, expecting my next grow to give me more yield.

Subbed, so I can keep up on your progress! :thumb:

Hey buddy! Everything is looking good! I love that you really seem to be enjoying your job too! Coworkers giving you beans to play with?!?! Can't get better than that! I too just went perpetual. Much more fun having different plants at different stages to play with...
Hey!! Long time!!

Well I WAS enjoying my job....some how I hurt my back, so they let me go...sooo once again on the hunt for a job.

Thanks for checking in!! Looks like your girls are doing great as well!

You did a great job on your first grow! I also started off with CFLs, but went real DIY on the "tents" (shelving covered with white tarps) and lotsa desk fans. A year in, I bought 2 MARS 300's for one unit, then bought 2 more for the other, when I saw what they could do. I still supplement the sides and lower branches with paired CFL's, though. I'm finding that it isnt worth the extra effort to develo p the lower buds, so will trim those out for clones while in veg next time.

Indicas are really nice for beginners. You absolutely have to try Autos. You can almost watch them grow. My Autoberry harvested at 84 days from seed and was around 4 feet tall. I just cut 3 ladies this week.

I'm an old vegetable/flower gardener, and soil is within my comfort zone. I'm going with one of the organic recipes from the organics forum here on 420, expecting my next grow to give me more yield.

Subbed, so I can keep up on your progress! :thumb:
Maybe for my 3rd run I'll go with autos....Being as that's what I originally wanted to do, but ended up getting seeds locally instead from a friend.

And I'm glad you mentioned that about the side lighting....because I was thinking of doing the same. I think instead I'll ditch the light mover and get another Mars hydro 600...I'm beginning to wish I'd gone that route already...

Hey!! Long time!!

Well I WAS enjoying my job....some how I hurt my back, so they let me go...sooo once again on the hunt for a job.

Thanks for checking in!! Looks like your girls are doing great as well!

Oh nooo! That fucking sucks dude! I know you were really enjoying it there. Well... at least you made some friends locally that share our passion. I hope you find something less physically demanding on your back!

My girls are doing well... looking at 6-7 weeks till harvest with these big sativa gals... but it will all be worth it in the end. The buds are packing on everyday and I'm only in week 3... I can't imagine what they will look like in 7 weeks!

I have some clones that I am trying to get rooted in coco pellets and today is the moment of truth. Haven't touched them for four days because I read they need complete peace to start those baby roots. They are all still standing perky... I can tell that much from this side of the dome... but weather they have planted down roots or not we shall see!

Hope you find work soon and may Mary Jane bless your beautiful babies!
XxKitty

I can't say I was really enjoying it. I'm a certified diesel mechanic and have been doing that for about 10+ years. Working at a green house was definitely.....a no brain type job. I mean I had to teach a kid how to use a shovel.... It had its perks...like 20% discount on everything, but when it's the most expensive place in town the discount didn't do much.

Best of luck to your clones Kitty!! I'm hoping at least 2 of the 3 seeds take off that just sprouted. I'm taking your word and mixing in hydrogen peroxide with my tap water. Just drenched each pot about 10 minutes ago actually. It's the weaker stuff from the grocery store, so I just kinda "dumped" a little in the watering bucket and mixed it up.

All of the girls in the tent seem to be happy. I've been using "soul synthetic" nutrients this whole time and am almost out of the "big swell"

My question is, do I HAVE to buy the same nutrients, or can I buy another brand (that is cheaper) and mix it in with the other soul synthetic nutrients?? My grow shop wants $55 for the stuff I'm almost out of....or I can get "Tiger Bloom" for $23....Kinda on a low income budget so cheaper is better right now.

I can't say I was really enjoying it. I'm a certified diesel mechanic and have been doing that for about 10+ years. Working at a green house was definitely.....a no brain type job. I mean I had to teach a kid how to use a shovel.... It had its perks...like 20% discount on everything, but when it's the most expensive place in town the discount didn't do much.

Best of luck to your clones Kitty!! I'm hoping at least 2 of the 3 seeds take off that just sprouted. I'm taking your word and mixing in hydrogen peroxide with my tap water. Just drenched each pot about 10 minutes ago actually. It's the weaker stuff from the grocery store, so I just kinda "dumped" a little in the watering bucket and mixed it up.

All of the girls in the tent seem to be happy. I've been using "soul synthetic" nutrients this whole time and am almost out of the "big swell"

My question is, do I HAVE to buy the same nutrients, or can I buy another brand (that is cheaper) and mix it in with the other soul synthetic nutrients?? My grow shop wants $55 for the stuff I'm almost out of....or I can get "Tiger Bloom" for $23....Kinda on a low income budget so cheaper is better right now.

Okay... my understanding is organic can mix with organic. Synthetic mixing with organic is a no go. Then synthetic mixed with synthetic can be done but very carefully.

Your base A and B nutrient (2 part nutrients) should be of the same make. With BioBizz it is BioGrow and Bloom, Canna a&b, Etc. BUT... any additive... can be from any line. So... Big Swell is an additive for better bud production so yes you can go out of your current nutrient line and use any synthetic bud booster..yes Tiger Bloom... any of the bud candy ones... anything meant as a flower additive.

But now I have actually taken a moment to look at the ingredients of 'Big Swell' and it's kinda mish mosh of both synthetic and organic... it has yucca extract, molasses, sugar cane extract but then also phosphoric acid, potassium hydroxide, and some other things.

So it looks to me as you would be fine to replace with any other synthetic bud booster, bud. Hehe. But maybe do a flush once you run out of the old and switch to the new??? Just to be 100 safe...

That's my best advice .

XxKitty

420-magazine-mobile1620024593.jpg

Kinda hard to see in tge pictures....but my 3 GSC seeds sprouted! They're so easy to take care of when they are this small lol.

The other 4 girls are doing well. Day 32 in bloom. I'll post some pictures later when they wake up .

Day 34 of bloom. All seems to be going well
420-magazine-mobile362150173.jpg

And I didn't write down the exact date when these guys popped through the dirt. Sooo we're going to say it's day 14 of flower for these little one
420-magazine-mobile1958281863.jpg

Day 46 of bloom. Things seem to be going good. Slow....but good. I will definitely be investing in another Mars hydro 600 for my tent, as I believe my buds would be a lot bigger if they had more light. I just started adding "overdrive" to my nutes for the last 2 weeks before I flush. We'll see if this stuff holds up to its name or not .
420-magazine-mobile1282509935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile355537386.jpg
420-magazine-mobile755310833.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1030217661.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1625111382.jpg

Couple pics of my little "closet" grow. Their 26 days old. 2 of them seem to be doing great... The 3rd, well...not so much. Definitely the runt. I'll give it another week or so and see if it takes off or not.
420-magazine-mobile582382361.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1283629846.jpg

Oh wow Alaska when I went Canada I wanted to take a cruise there but couldn't afford it at the time. Next time my partner is working in Canada I shall do it next time.

cats plant is nearly finished. Cat had an accidental fall and split the stem straight in half 6 weeks in 12 12 cable tie and tape worked well.

Wish cats mate could load a pic

Oh wow Alaska when I went Canada I wanted to take a cruise there but couldn't afford it at the time. Next time my partner is working in Canada I shall do it next time.

cats plant is nearly finished. Cat had an accidental fall and split the stem straight in half 6 weeks in 12 12 cable tie and tape worked well.

Wish cats mate could load a pic
That's a bummer. Best of luck to cats plant!!

Sent from my L505 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom