My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

Yeah Baby! That a grow! looking good seriously I chopped one of mine today that was very close in size. I am hoping for an 30 grams from her. Cheers Peace Out!

The one with 3 leaves is working on the 2nd set of 3. I'm not sure yet about the seedling I thought only had 1 leaf. I'll have to wait to see what happens with the 2nd set. I'll post pictures for sure.
I can say I regret starting the autos in there final 1gal pots. I ordered some seedling trays to use going forward. I'll just chalk it up to something that doesn't work for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I really like the coco pallets as start for any seed, it "feels" so much safer to re pot. your pots are not that bad in size, so I think they will b fine:circle-of-love:

Hi Sinful: The last few weeks the girls should not be growing as much as getting denser and tighter budding formation. Keep up the good work I'ii post the first chop in the next few days. Peace Out!

420-magazine-mobile501059218.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1992797668.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1273105391.jpg

This is day 49 of flower. Breeder says between 63 and 68 days, reviews average 66 days. I'm not sure she will be done in that time frame. Each week I see a huge difference from the previous week. Both plants are starting to show purple on the leaves. I tried to share a picture of that but it's more defined up close in personal. Im pretty sure the shorter plant will finish first. She's showing more resin and the buds are a lot more darker. I keep trying to tuck the larger leaves away so the budsites get more direct light. I'm wondering if it would be ok to trim off most of those leaves at this point? Or is it still important for the plants?
Last night I hit them both with full strength bloom and heavy yield. I probably could of started this 2 weeks ago. It's knowledge I can take with me for the next grow around.

MsSinful: Looking good you've probably got another 2-3 weeks flowering time from the look of the girls, I am not an expert though! Hang in there and let it happen! Peace Out!

I don't fully understand when to harvest based off of trichomes. With that being said I'll share some pictures of those taken tonight. To be honest I'm thrown for a loop now seeing plenty are amber. More so on the tops of both plants then phasing out to cloudy the further down I looked. The taller plant actually has more amber then the shorter.
So tomorrow I'll be doing some research. But please share your input as getting this far on a healthy well budded plant is a first for me.

420-magazine-mobile1153314323.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1460665584.jpg
420-magazine-mobile127847696.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1429542242.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1761808519.jpg

It's amazing how a bit of research can reduce the neurotic fever I caught last night when I saw the amber trichomes.
It's confusing to read how pistil color really doesn't mean anything it's all about the trichome color.
In my case the taller plant is covered in mostly white pistils yet its showing amber and milky trichomes.
I just had to keep telling myself the advise smalltime gave "hang in there and let it happen".
There was one bit of information I read last night that stuck with me.
It said if your pots are still drying out quickly then it's a good sign your plant is not done. I had just watered the other day and the larger plant felt lite. I'm sure she will be dry by tomorrow night.
Right now i feel like I'm walking blinded folded around unknown territory. It's not a personal characteristic that I'm comfortable with haha. I need even just a small bit of info for what's head.
Going forward I'm just going to trust my gut. I can tell the shorter plant is closer to finishing just by looking at it and the taller plants is telling me she needs more time.
So big shout out to Smalltime for some advice that was passed along at just the right time. .

While there are guidelines, I feel like when to harvest is more of an art than a science. Even after many grows I still spend a ridiculous amount of time debating with myself over when is the right time to harvest each plant. I want them to be fat, but I don't want too many amber. Should I give them a few extra days? Should I harvest now? Sometimes I go back and forth. It's a shame we can't just stick a thermometer in their butt like a turkey and when it pops out they're done. :laughtwo:

MsSinful: It's been my experience that when the trichs are clear it gives more of a head stone and when they amber it has much more calming and physical reaction on us. Once again I am not an expert so take my words with a grain of salt! Peace Out!

While there are guidelines, I feel like when to harvest is more of an art than a science. Even after many grows I still spend a ridiculous amount of time debating with myself over when is the right time to harvest each plant. I want them to be fat, but I don't want too many amber. Should I give them a few extra days? Should I harvest now? Sometimes I go back and forth. It's a shame we can't just stick a thermometer in their butt like a turkey and when it pops out they're done. :laughtwo:

That had me laughing, thank you. It makes me feel a lot better knowing I will always argue with myself on when is the right time. As strange as that sounds.
If I ever invent that thermometer you can believe I'll include you into the deal. .

Hi
They look lovely, and harvest is chosen on either, trichs or "when you feel she is ready."
when-to-harvest-chart1.jpg

It is ok to trim off leaves at this stage

Ok great. I'll remove some of the leaves off of the shorter plant tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing that picture. I love having this grow journal because I'm always going back to see when I switched to 12/12 or to double check on something else. So that picture will come in handy more times than you'll know. .

Back
Top Bottom