My first DWC bucket grow

my pleasure my friend. I'm very glad to help, i think it helps me learn as well.

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

my pleasure my friend. I'm very glad to help, i think it helps me learn as well.

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Well said Sifu. You are a wise teacher. I look forward to learning.

Thank you...and peace :peace:

i thank you for the kind words, but i'm no teacher, merely another brother in the struggle to live and learn. like a big brother sharing what he can and learning in the process.

but if you need help, i'll be here.

Hello LSL,

I think I'd peed in my pants if the police thing happened to me.

You mentioned the oldest cultivated plant et... Well Ill bet what you grow in your first HP will be alot better than the oldest weed around.
I do believe that there is an abundance of info everywhere and many products to choose from. It can be very confusing when you are starting out. I'll bet you that after your first grow is completed you will know so much that you didnt know before you started. I totally believe your experience will bring it all together.
Like reading a computer manual then actually doing it on the computer... Hands on is the way to go. You must find your own way that is best for you. Of course suggestions from your peers always will be helpful in your journey, but in the end you will choose the best way for you and your systems, environments,strains.... And when and if you move you may have to change it again.
I saw a show on TV about cultivation of marijuana and the first thing it said what "this aint your daddys weed" The development of different strains and growth, resistance to disease more thc, better smell,touch resins have all improved markedly from the days of acapulco gold and maui wowie.
Why? I believe that we humans have made it better. Adapt... Tomatoes are nicer, fruits are sweeter and more disease resistant, growing seasons not a problem with hydro or availability of shipped products.
Plus the internet! more sources available to us.
On my first HP grow I used floragrow for vegging(I didnt know I vegged for 3 months!!!<I thought bigger stronger plants will produce better stronger fruit) and florabloom for flower. I got wonderful results. Then I added liquid karma on advice of a grower and it goes on and on.. I have had near disasters, had to shut down due to Hurricane Ike, almost fried my plants due to aircon failure, I had a youngling almost ready to flower that dropped dead for a reason I still havent determined when its sisters thrived.??? I had do deal with a bug infestation, power failures, run out of nutes, crowded my plants to death, over, under nuted.Any thing wrong can happen, but all coming out right in the end usually prevailed.
The point of all this babbling is that you will learn so much from your first grow then you know more and understand more and then you can perfect your technique.
I read everywhere about trellising cucumbers but when I did my own in the garden, had a good grow but I know now not to trellis too close to the fence. You will learn so much every single grow..I only have 8 grows under my belt, so I am fairly new as well.
Later in the year I may give it another shot but Its for me and my S.O. and our needs are met for now.
If you learn one thing learn 'basic plant A+P'.
Remember basically NPK= greengrowth,flowering,roots.
the other micros will come later as you get to know how your plants grows, develops and thrives in all stages of its life,.
I know I could not have done this without the assistance of my peers here on this site.

My hands are itching for another grow but I am going to transplant the sprouted cantaloupe seedlings in the garden outdoors where my cukes were for now. I love to grow. I love to care for plants, these other things I grow for my own pleasure, for the harvest, for the fruit, and for the love of growing.
and..
Damn its hot outside!!!!!
your friend and peer,
Fineas
o<

Hello LSL,

I think I'd peed in my pants if the police thing happened to me.

You mentioned the oldest cultivated plant et... Well Ill bet what you grow in your first HP will be alot better than the oldest weed around.
I do believe that there is an abundance of info everywhere and many products to choose from. It can be very confusing when you are starting out. I'll bet you that after your first grow is completed you will know so much that you didnt know before you started. I totally believe your experience will bring it all together.
Like reading a computer manual then actually doing it on the computer... Hands on is the way to go. You must find your own way that is best for you. Of course suggestions from your peers always will be helpful in your journey, but in the end you will choose the best way for you and your systems, environments,strains.... And when and if you move you may have to change it again.
I saw a show on TV about cultivation of marijuana and the first thing it said what "this aint your daddys weed" The development of different strains and growth, resistance to disease more thc, better smell,touch resins have all improved markedly from the days of acapulco gold and maui wowie.
Why? I believe that we humans have made it better. Adapt... Tomatoes are nicer, fruits are sweeter and more disease resistant, growing seasons not a problem with hydro or availability of shipped products.
Plus the internet! more sources available to us.
On my first HP grow I used floragrow for vegging(I didnt know I vegged for 3 months!!!<I thought bigger stronger plants will produce better stronger fruit) and florabloom for flower. I got wonderful results. Then I added liquid karma on advice of a grower and it goes on and on.. I have had near disasters, had to shut down due to Hurricane Ike, almost fried my plants due to aircon failure, I had a youngling almost ready to flower that dropped dead for a reason I still havent determined when its sisters thrived.??? I had do deal with a bug infestation, power failures, run out of nutes, crowded my plants to death, over, under nuted.Any thing wrong can happen, but all coming out right in the end usually prevailed.
The point of all this babbling is that you will learn so much from your first grow then you know more and understand more and then you can perfect your technique.
I read everywhere about trellising cucumbers but when I did my own in the garden, had a good grow but I know now not to trellis too close to the fence. You will learn so much every single grow..I only have 8 grows under my belt, so I am fairly new as well.
Later in the year I may give it another shot but Its for me and my S.O. and our needs are met for now.
If you learn one thing learn 'basic plant A+P'.
Remember basically NPK= greengrowth,flowering,roots.
the other micros will come later as you get to know how your plants grows, develops and thrives in all stages of its life,.
I know I could not have done this without the assistance of my peers here on this site.

My hands are itching for another grow but I am going to transplant the sprouted cantaloupe seedlings in the garden outdoors where my cukes were for now. I love to grow. I love to care for plants, these other things I grow for my own pleasure, for the harvest, for the fruit, and for the love of growing.
and..
Damn its hot outside!!!!!
your friend and peer,
Fineas
o<

You make a lot of sense. And you're right, I learn everyday. When I am not teaching, I am online studying. I try to ingest as much knowledge as I can, even though I may discard it as useless later. Same way I did with Martial Art.

The program you're talking about...was it called "Marijuana Inc." on MSNBC ? Because I have downloaded a copy of it. REAL NICE !!!! Made me wish I lived in Medicino County...until recently when I found out those same cops who looked the other way before the special was aired, began busting those nice people after. Bunch of assholes.

I look forward to having multiple successful grows under my belt like you. And I fully aggree, hands on is the best way to learn.

Thanks...stay green :yummy:

That's messed up dude...and I am laughing my ass off because I have done that same thing so many times. :laughtwo:

I agree with what you are saying, however I am not the most tech person to walk the planet. There's so much of what I read that somehow escapes me. I think of it as a plant that has grown wild in nature for hundreds of thousands of years with no help whatsoever. And then man, in his ever growing omnipotent wisdom, saw fit to overcomplicate with an intensified effort on improving what already is great. Now while the improvements may indeed be great, along with these comes man's ever present desire to complicate what was once so simple. I believe it is man's basic desire to feel important. An offshoot feeling of pride. What was once a very simple thing, is now big business and there seems to be a different nute for every day of the month...and so many "experts" out there each with a different opinion of what is "the way" to do things.

In my humble opinion, man is the greatest hindrance to his own growth. Some deep seated yearning to feel essential to what is going on around him...like somehow things would stop without his great knowledge and expertise. And the fact is, if every single person on the face of the planet dropped dead today...everything in nature would continue to thrive without help.

When I began my studies as a child, I felt like an outsider. I was the little white boy in a sea of Asians. And I strived to excel so I could be important in their eyes. Now some 40 + years later, I see that my thinking was that of a immature person. My acquisition of skill and knowledge had nothing to do with how I felt about myself. In fact, many of the techniques that I learned I discarded as being useless because the were just someone's over complication of what is. Bruce Lee once said, "Maturity does not mean to become captive of conceptualization." Man has a long track record of taking a simple, beautiful thing...and fucking it up with concepts and ideas of how he is going to make it better.

So while there are countless growing techniques and methods...and an endless variety of nutes and so forth, I only want to learn what works. It seems that in growing, much like Martial Art, I just want to know what works. Not so much why it works, just that it does and I can apply it when I want.

I am more than willing to learn from anyone as long as they have validity to thier statements. It is one of the reasons I listen to you and Pit. I have respect for what you both know and have done. And I know I can learn so much from both of you.

So you teach...and I will learn my friend....:peace:

uuuhhhhh....wow!!! I'd like to take some bonghits and pick your brain for awhile. +reps for asking good questions and the willingness to learn.:peace::peace::peace::peace:

uuuhhhhh....wow!!! I'd like to take some bonghits and pick your brain for awhile. +reps for asking good questions and the willingness to learn.:peace::peace::peace::peace:

Ask me anything my friend...I am an open book. While I am obviously lacking in knowledge and skill in this area (growing), there are a few areas of study that I have made it my life's work to excel in. Ask away. And thank you for the rep and kind words.

Peace and harmony be with you Stully...:peace:

Hey Pit...thanks for stopping by. She's still blooming...showing some white hair sort of things...guess that's the start of the bud. I've been a little sick so I haven't been on here in a day or so.

Hope all is well at your place. Peace brother...

yeah, those beautiful hairs (called pistils) are the beginning of the end, and the start of all the fireworks soon to come. the day you see pistils is a fine day indeed. means you have 6-8 weeks before your smoking some home grown, including drying time.

here's where the fun begins.

yeah, those beautiful hairs (called pistils) are the beginning of the end, and the start of all the fireworks soon to come. the day you see pistils is a fine day indeed. means you have 6-8 weeks before your smoking some home grown, including drying time.

here's where the fun begins.

Hope you're feelin' better soon bro.

Being sick sucks.

SS

Woohoo !:cheer: I can't wait. I wish I had some pics...and I did find a camera. But the mortgage, and power - water - phone bills (home and school) have to come first. The cam will come in time.

Thanks for the kind words and support. I wish you all the best.

Peace...:peace:

Now even I can afford that. I'm gonna look on eBay today for one like that. Problem is, everytime I get on eBay, I tend to drift into the used Harley section. But I'll try to stay focused. Thanks...

Hope you feel better, Congrats on the pistils, your gonna have some sticky buds before you know it, Great job.

Back
Top Bottom