My First Grow... Afgan x Mazar

DUDE!!!!! QUIT WATERING SO MUCH!!!!!!! I know you realize this, but you just did it again over the weekend, watering saturday then sunday. buy a cheap water meter, you can get them alot of places for like 7 bucks. They have a 1-10 scale, 1 being "very dry"(bad) 10 being "very wet"(bad). It will take all your guess work and hiccups about watering away. I usually water when they read a "3" on the scale, when I water, they read about "8". I think this would be worth it for you. I am one of those people whom just couldn't get the water right by "feeling weight" or "sticking your finger in an inch". Personally a water meter was a savior for me and probably would be for you.

The plants are looking alot better though, good job, good luck!

Hey Fox
Im almost certain its not the heat, watering saturday and then again sunday morning is more likely the cause of drooping.

Remember the hands of methond buddy! it works :)

Why water on wednesday and saturday, what if they are not dry enough to water? Mine is dry enough for watering in about 6 days.

The recipie where you feel if the 1-2 inch of topsoil is dry works very well, also feel the potweight after watering and when dry and you will get a hang of it.

Sorry if i sound rude but i would like you to succeed and be happy.

:cool:

Muncie and oks226, great advice guys!

I know i have a problem staying away from the water, but i'm going to do it! I just get bored and want to water them, it's tough to just say no and walk away. But i have to, so that's that. I have a water meter, but it's on a 1-4 scale, not really a 1-10. I haven't been using it, which is stupid. I know i need to back off on the water, and that's what I'm doing. I'm also gonna use a bit more nutes when I do the nute watering on saturday. It does look like a slight K deficiency.

As far as lighting goes, I'm doing 24/0 now, but according to Muncie i only need like 16 hours?? i don't entirely know about all that. I'm gonna keep it at 24/0 now and start switching on thursday, taking away 3 hours each day until I'm at 12/12. I know it's a bit early, but I need to start flowering if I'm gonna harvest by the end of April.

oks quote of "DUDE! QUIT WATERING SO MUCH!!!!!!" was both hilarious and reminded me to be more damn patient. I don't want to screw up my plants again.

Hey Fox
Im almost certain its not the heat, watering saturday and then again sunday morning is more likely the cause of drooping.

Remember the hands of methond buddy! it works :)

Why water on wednesday and saturday, what if they are not dry enough to water? Mine is dry enough for watering in about 6 days.

The recipie where you feel if the 1-2 inch of topsoil is dry works very well, also feel the potweight after watering and when dry and you will get a hang of it.

Sorry if i sound rude but i would like you to succeed and be happy.

:cool:

lol, no worries buddy, you're not rude. I need to keep my damn hands off the watering can. hahahaha, i'm gonna fuck up my plants again if i continue!

12/12 should be in effect by.... the 15th or 16th of this month, about a week away

sorry for that, should have said in my second post, that this is to make thick bud in short time ..but no not my smart got that straight from (high time ed ) i have been a flower lover for ovr 35 years and spent over 750 just in book's and learnd but if i tell some some info they need i go to the prof.for the prom cause my way is mine i just dug out and looked threw 50 book's to find you what i forget year's back but and i just auto do now ..

okay, so it's been quite a little time since I've updated, life is really getting busy and will be until May. I'm keeping with the hands off approach, thus the lack of pix and updates lately. I'm seeing a little N def in the AxM, which is now known as the definite superior strain, so I made sure the nutes were at approx 1/3-1/2 strength for their watering. The soil was getting really dry so that's the only reason I watered at all. The Bagweed plant isn't living all that well. It's still droopy, but I am not gonna water it until it perks up again or if it really needs nutes. That's the other problem. The lower leaves keep getting those brown spots, and I'm worried it will spread to the other leaves of the plant. I don't want to water as I've seen what the plant looks like when all perky. The temp in the room is always between 70-80. I checked the pH of the soil, it's about 7 which is a little high. any ideas on how to slightly lower the pH? i'm not sure my pH reader is all that good. can anyone suggest a cheap, accurate pH meter? So here's the pix:

The AfganxMazar:
SANY0258.JPG

SANY0259.JPG

Here's the Bagweed, with the final pic of the spotting:
SANY0261.JPG

SANY0260.JPG

SANY0262.JPG

Any help would be appreciated! :rollit:

they are looking better!

I wouldn't worry about giving them nutes b/c of those bottom spots. Those leaves have been with plant through all it's stresses, I would go ahead and clip them off, then you can quit worrying about them, and concentrate on the newer, nicer leaves. If they develop problems then act, but "screw those bottom half-dead leaves!!"

3 in 1 Hydroponic Plants Soil Moisture PH Light Meter

Check out that website, something like that would work for your pH and moisture.
I like to have holes in the bottom of my pots that are large enough to see the lower soil, then you can easily tell how wet the lower part of your soil is.

Be patient and KEEP HOLDING OFF WATERING, don't water, dont give nutes, I predict in about 3 days your plants will be perking up!!

Hi Fox

My water is also at ph7, no problems with that.
Yea like oks226 says, dont worry about those old spots, thats over now.
Im also with oks226 on holding the nutes, if they dry out i would consider plain water.

^agree with Insider on that, I dont know a lot but when I used nutes at first my plant was too small and didnt like it so much. Now I try and water with pH of 6.3 most of the time with no nutes and half strength only about four or five times over 46 days. No nute burn yet, just healthy growth. Your plants are looking much healthier now, good job. Try and use nutes like half hour after youve watered with a little with plain water - if the soil is dry. Ive heard it doesnt burn the roots.:peace:

alright so i just looked through your update and your updated datasheet, and wanted to verify temps, and wind conditions. they still look like they are suffering from something that they are both going through based on both plant's leaves curling under. my initial thought is high temperatures or lack of air exchange causing slight wilting/smothering of the plants, but it could also be that the tips curling down is indicating nutrient deficiencies common during flowering, like Nitrogen. In my opinion the plant's leaves shouldn't be hanging down like that on the bagweed either, so i'm thinking more nutrients rather than less...logic follows that the soil isn't the end all fix all in nutrient deficiencies so I would continue with nutrients, but a thin mixture in lighter amounts more often, say 12oz of half strength nutes every 3-4 days. I personally have my girls in 2 gallon containers and water them with a 2 liter full of half strength split evenly between 7 plants every 7-10 days. Get as many opinions as you can about what to do next before taking any one person's advice though.

Sorry i cant help you better, keep tryin though.
Had second thoughts when you said you keep getting those spots and found this for you.
Now look at your yellow leaves on the bottom are they not alike? The image is from this thread: cannabis-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial

SANY0262.JPG

1134manganese-def1.jpg

If this is the case we got something to work from :)

Also looking at your other pics, in this one you can see yellowing between the vains of the leafs on the bottom, then darkgreen leaves and the yellowing starting again towards the top. I read that the yellowing is an early sign of Manganese defiency.

If this is the case some epsom salt in you water could do wonders.

I might be completely wrong here so please correct if you see i am.

SANY0260.JPG

Thanks Insider, XSV and oks!

I'm thinking that there is a slight N def going on, like i said, not too worried as now i'm actually using some nutes. I had a feeling i might have Mn def too. I'll add a little epsom salt next time they need watering. As per XSV, I have plenty of air circulation in the room, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll look at the 3 in 1 tester above, thanks oks! And Insider, thanks for the comparison pix with the Mn def. I'll have more updates this weekend!

saw the pix XSV, good stuff, very jealous...

Plants seem to be doing better now that they actually got some damn nutes. the AxM is perking up again nicely and the yellowing of the tips of the leaves has stopped, if not receded. The Bagweed is still looking droopy, need to hold off watering at all costs until it perks up... I set the light timer to 18/6 last night and will keep it that way for tonight, then tomorrow night I switch to 12/12. The plant is old enough to produce bud, and I want it to be ready sooner rather than later. I'm hoping that the AxM is a girl, the bagseed I don't really care about. It might be better for it to be a boy so i can get rid of it... it's more of just a backup chance if the AxM isn't a girl. having both the plants in the closet is kind of a pain, it's not really large enough to comfortably have both plants and have the lighting be in the right position. I realize now that growing is a matter of patience and time.

its probably the nutes you are using , it looks like slight N deficiancy and maybe some general nute def , , what nutes are you using , i had the same thing happen to me about a year ago , and it was this cheap nute formula i was using.

Back
Top Bottom