Feminized Strawberry Cough: Grow #2

i had to shut off the flouro tubes today. the temp was wayyyy too high in the closet (100F). i put in a fan above the plants to give a little air circulation. i forgot how hot those flouro tubes get, and having those three go with the CFLs is a bit much. they're not powerful enough anyways. the CFLs are much more powerful. i figure the lights will reflect the light given off by the CFLs onto the plants, so i'm gonna keep them in place, off.

you think the foil will be better? ok, i actually agree with that, just gotta be careful, do i use the reflective side or the semi-reflective side, i don't want crinkles in the foil to create hot spots or anything.

alright, so i've been busy lately and haven't been on to update. Basically, the grow is going okay, a few of the germinating seeds are showing promise. I transplanted the two plants I have now into bigger pots. I think they were having a bit of a Nitrogen def because I haven't been using any nutes. i misplaced them and was a bit lazy about buying new ones. I gave them each a healthy feeding today and i will wait a few days before treating with nutes again. I'm using the same nutes i did before with a 1/4 strength. should be fine for the plants. I also took some pix! so here u guys and gals go!
SANY02622.JPG

SANY0263.JPG

SANY02651.JPG

SANY02663.JPG

SANY02682.JPG

SANY02692.JPG

If I'm wrong about the deficiency, tell me! I think it's a N def, anyone confirm?

Not that I know anything but they do look like they will bounce back just fine with a good N feeding. Otherwise they look very nice..

Hey guys, looks like i'm running into more trouble than I originally wanted... of course. The smaller plant is looking fine, but this bigger, faster growing plant is suffering bad. I gave it a 1/2 strength nute feeding yesterday and watered today with pure water. the water i feed the plants is distilled. The nutes are originally 24-8-16, i gave the plant 12-4-8. I'm afraid of over nuting or under nuting. I cut off the dead parts of the leaves that were crispy and ready to fall off anyways. I'm most worried about the yellowing of the new leaves possibly being a symptom of over nuting!?!?!?! PLEASE HELP!!

SANY0274.JPG

SANY02751.JPG

SANY02732.JPG

SANY02721.JPG

HELP!!!!!!!!

Not that I know anything but I would try to stop the nuts for a while just use plain water until they start to green up.. Maybe even do a complete flush then don't water until soil dries out a bit then water with just water again. There a a lot a people who know way more than I and I am sure they will give you some good advise. Also how hot is it. They may be overheated..

this cant be overheat, i think cuz if there would be so, only leafs touched lamps would be burned not all...from bottom,and from down.
Maybe over-nute i would give 95% for this problem...
Try to flush or something like that...Go take some 20 liters of pure,clear water and put it all on the soil and once[ofcourse do not thorw some how :D]...
then do it again after soil will be dusty...dry...
and watch the plant if he goes overight so you will get answer.if no then i dont know.
This can be also problems with roots, which wont be bound with nutes.
First i insted you would try to flush, "washing soil".
GoodLuck!with solving problem...

thanks guys! i thought i might have over nuted the shit out of it too. I flushed last night and already the plant seems to be recovering better. i'm just gonna use the strait water for a few days, then go back to 1/4 then 1/2 for the big plant. i'll only use 1/4 strength for the little gal.

I"m not sure if this help but when I water my plants with plain water or with nutes I always use my ph and ppm meter to know exactly what's going into the soil. Do you have a ph or ppm meter?

Back
Top Bottom