New Cabinet 1st Grow 12/12

I need to know what you did with the nutes? 1/2 or full? They can definately take full str now. They came back beautiful dude ;-) About a week after they show sex, I would trim the bottom 1 or 2 nodes off the base to get them to bud straight up. But that's me ;-)
Thanks Boss, they are taking full nutes. I stopped the foilar feedings like FatJoe suggested and hit them will full strength. I figured that I would either kill them or they would come back strong. After looking at all the data that I collected from this grow, I would have to say that the water caused this problem. The ph was lower that I thought it was (below 6.0). After correcting the ph problem and giving full nutes they have come around.:clap:

As for trimming, I have had to take some of the bottom leaves off from most of the plants. They just would not green up when the babies started coming around so I pinched them off. I like the idea of trimming them, would make it easier to water. I elected not to water them from below. Money was tight after building the cabinet.

old_skool
patience grasshopper

All good things come to those who wait, babies are looking good brother
Hey brother, thanks for the support. I see that you have started another thread dealing with your grow. Man, I love the way your ladies are looking.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Those that are following along, thanks for your support. Could not had gotten past this problem with some great advice and everyone pulling for the grow.:adore:

Will post pics when the ladies have arrived.:kiss:

Somthing you have to keep in mind. Studies show that plants that are denied nitrogen while determining sex will be mostly male.

That is what I have read too. So far, the babies have not shown me what they want to be. Just keeping my fingers crossed for at least one female. Might change my game plan if I only get one female. Will most likely start thinking of cloning. We will see what happens.:hmmmm:

Originally Posted by dcgp903
And if you ever clone make your own cloning machine since i see you have building skills. All you need is a gallon square bucket with lid, if its clear spary paint it black. what i did is drilled 3/8in holes in and used 1/2 tubing cut in half long ways so it can curl around itself to fit better int he whole.. not sure how to put pics up since i am new at this but ill show you what i mean if needed. and all u need is an air pump and air stone. what u can do is google a cheapo aero cloning machine. but yea i like the thought put into your box, especially the fan you used

Thanks dcgp903. I have some plans for a real nice aero cloning tub. It sounds like it may be similar to the one you have discribed. Looks easy to build. Will likely build one if I only have one female to show. Ya, that fan is really working out very nice. Little to no sound from the cabinet when it is on. Keeps the cabinet temp to about 82 degrees when the lights are on.:icon_cool

Originally Posted by FatJoe
This is a fantastic learning experience for you. It takes good garden skill to pull plants back from near death. I think your doin a kick ass job bro and the longer they take to show sex the better off you are. We all know ladies are fashionably late.... Save your pennies bro. Next round lets get you into the coco. You'll never look back. Well, you will kinda and wonder why in the hell did I ever grow in soil..lol.......

Thanks FatJoe. It means alot hearing good words coming from an experienced grower. Both you and Boss have helped me along and gave great advice. The experience from getting your hands dirty can not be learned from reading. Reading gets ya in the ballpark, but experience is the best teacher.:geek:

Well, it has been a while. Day 32 on the grow. Plants are looking great. Most are growing so fast I have to lift the light higher every other day.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is a pic of the container as of today.

Finally seeing signs of sex:grinjoint:. Only problem one of my nicer plants turned out to be a male.

Kind of expected it. I pulled it out, which leaves me with 7 plants in the container. Hope to see signs of a nice lady so I can use and abuse her.:blalol:

Time will tell.:peace:

It may be too late, but if you want you can smack em with some more N. I really get worried about N defficiency before sexing, and you can push them a bit more without stressing them, your tips look good. We risk overdoing the N, but I think we can raise the chances of females by about 25%, and at this point, I would do what I could to help them choose.

It's up too you. Like I said, they may already be showing some females, or already made the determination, and in that case it won't do any good. Lemme know what ya think.

Well, it has been a while. Day 32 on the grow. Plants are looking great. Most are growing so fast I have to lift the light higher every other day.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hiya Bare,
Yep ran into the same thing with my grow, they just stopped shooting up average height between the 5 plants is 32 to 33".

Here is a pic of the container as of today.
Finally seeing signs of sex:grinjoint:. Only problem one of my nicer plants turned out to be a male.

Fantastic job brother, they are looking goooood. :smokin:

Yep it seems that at least one great looking plant has to go because he decided to show that he was trying to rule the roost. :rolleyes3 But, they soon realize we are the master of the domain :riskybusiness:

Kind of expected it. I pulled it out, which leaves me with 7 plants in the container. Hope to see signs of a nice lady so I can use and abuse her.:blalol:

You probably already found this out brother, be careful pulling because they are in the same container you could do root damage to the other plants, I cut the main stock of the male right below ground surface so not to hurt anyone else.

BTW, great comeback on the nute issue, your old school knowledge pulled their fat out of the fire. :clap:

I've been following this thread... and I must say great comeback! Love the setup.:cheesygrinsmiley: Very professional:Rasta:

Good luck on the grow.

yo brotha, lol havent been on in a while, but i just caught up in your journal, my baby is at the same stage as yours, i just pulled the other one cause it was a male, hoping my other is a girly :grinjoint:
so yeah im feelin what your feelin man haha just hoping to see some hairs EVERY DAY YOU CHECK!! haha
well im sure you got at least 1 fine ladie in there, no way all of them will be males!
anyways i will keep watchin, good luck man, hope you get some fine girlies from this

Kinks

It may be too late, but if you want you can smack em with some more N. I really get worried about N defficiency before sexing, and you can push them a bit more without stressing them, your tips look good. We risk overdoing the N, but I think we can raise the chances of females by about 25%, and at this point, I would do what I could to help them choose.

It's up too you. Like I said, they may already be showing some females, or already made the determination, and in that case it won't do any good. Lemme know what ya think.
Boss thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking along the same lines too. Even though the plants are nice and green, after I cut the male down, I went ahead and gave a good full strenght dose of nutes to push them along. If the tips get burnt a bit, well hell, got to try. We will see if it was the right move.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Old Skool
You probably already found this out brother, be careful pulling because they are in the same container you could do root damage to the other plants, I cut the main stock of the male right below ground surface so not to hurt anyone else.
I was going to pull it up and then thought about it. Man, I would have screwed up for sure. Cut the plant at dirt level and then dug down about 2 inches and cut it again. Didn't want to mess up the others by pulling. Thanks:grinjoint:

mistakeith1
I've been following this thread... and I must say great comeback! Love the setup. Very professional
Thanks Mistake, it has been alot of fun and a great way to learn this very dear to the heart plant.

Kinks420
yo brotha, lol havent been on in a while, but i just caught up in your journal, my baby is at the same stage as yours, i just pulled the other one cause it was a male, hoping my other is a girly
so yeah im feelin what your feelin man haha just hoping to see some hairs EVERY DAY YOU CHECK!! haha
well im sure you got at least 1 fine ladie in there, no way all of them will be males!
anyways i will keep watchin, good luck man, hope you get some fine girlies from this
Hope you good luck with your grow. With luck your other will be a lady. I am looking every day to see it I can find some hairs. Never thought I would be looking for hair. I have a full head of it and the old lady shaves it slick.:thedoubletake:

Wow man, that is quite an invention you got there!! +reps for luck and inspiration. Cant wait to see how they do.

And btw, I think 9 plants will be plenty in that container...even if you end up with 4 females, im thinking you get at least an ounce a plant.

Did you cut holes at the bottom for drainage?

I don't get it.:hmmmm: It has been 36 days into the grow and the only thing that I have found is one male. No sign of a female or any other males. I figured that with the ph problem at the begining of the grow that it would delay seeing any sign of a female for maybe a week. They have been on 12/12 since they came up. From what I have read, I should have been seeing something at day 21. No other light is getting into the cabinet. It is light proof.:riskybusiness: I guess I should be happy that no other males have shown. I just want to see hairs everywhere.:thedoubletake:

I have been bending to keep the grow from taking over the cabinet. The container that they are growing in is full of nice green plants. At least I should be happy about that.:cheesygrinsmiley:

You dont want that pollen. Its worthless. Only pollen collected from seed grown true males or banana male flowers from overrippened buds are best to use. Like I mentioned strip the leaves and discard the plant. 420g what you talkin about? Or are you just screwin around?.........:smokin:

What pollen are you talking about? That male is a seed grown true male, at least it looks like it to me, definately not a hermie. 420grower, your right, there is nothing like growing your own strain.

The nitrogen difficiency definately put you back a few weeks, but you will be fine. I would get in there with clippers and get rid of the bottom node on all the plants. They are getting so bushy they won't grow straight up.

I don't know if I would wait till after you sex or not, see what others have to say.

Bigger-
P4110005.JPG

I would like to get lost in the cannabis jungle! My native name would be Mr. Sticky. I would run through the jungle. Yes, that's what I would do; I would run through the jungle! My long hair would be standing straight out from my sticky jungle. Sorry, I got carried away there. Back to your regular program.

Boss: You and your bottom clippin stuff..lol. Why stress the plant when its trying to flower. Theres plenty of time to clip later. This would be a good grow to throw a screen over since their takin their time sexing. I'd say the longer the better. Ladies always make ya wait.

Baremeat: would you please pop in here and tell us what your feeding? And could you get some closer pic of the plants. I thoght I could see some female preflower clusters in there but couldnt be sure.

The budget for this grow has been small. Took all my available extra cash to build the cabinet. The nutes I am using is something that I got from Wally World. It's not MG. I had bad luck with that many years ago. The numbers are 15-30-15. Been giving full strength for about 2 weeks. Giving nutes about every 4-5 day. I will try and get some better pics tonight when the lights come back on. Cheap camera and the quality is not that good. I hope you see something that I don't.

I spend alot of time in the evening with my babies when the lights come on. Talking and breathing on them, letting them know that everything is alright with the world that that I created for them. I have been trimming away at the fan leaves to allow better light. Been bending them to take up the space that the male was at and keeping their height in check. They are really looking nice. Looking forward to the info that will be coming out regarding SCROG. Have never tried that, sounds interesting.

A scrog would work but you gotta know there are no more males in that pot before you but a screen on top of it, or it will be a huge pain in the ass to remove them afterwards...I would say that if that one male was that far along, and you cant see any more nuts, you might be safe...those plants look good though.

Back
Top Bottom