New Cabinet 1st Grow 12/12

Brother you are so right.:cheesygrinsmiley: They are growing so fast. I had to go out of town this weekend. Gave them water and nutes before I left. When I got back last night I was in amazement. I am glad I raised the lights before I left. They had grown almost into the lights. I am seeing buds sites everywhere. Could not believe my eyes.:thedoubletake:

Hi Brother,
Those Ladies are looking real fine :yummy:

Get ready for 2 stretches, first one will bring them to about a foot to a foot and 1/2. They will sit and flower production will increase for about a week or two, then BOOM! The main stretch happens that will bring them to anywhere between 26 and 36 inches. Then you will see mad flower production to fill in the empty stretched areas then the cola production begins.

Here is an example of UNK 04 on 4-14-08, notice the gapes between flowering/colas:

bud_shots.jpg

Now on 4-21-08, all gapes on UNK 04 are filled. If you look at UNK 09 you will see the same gapes between the flowering/colas which are filling in as we type: :cheesygrinsmiley:

example_unk.jpg

I am waiting for Calyx swelling to start any day now :riskybusiness:

OK peeps, need some help on this one. I have never come across this before. I think I have a hermie.:thedoubletake: Not real sure, but it just doesn't look right. It is one of my females. It is younger that the rest showing what looks like balls on two tip sites. See what ya think.

That's the best this old camera can do.

The rest of the grow is doing good. Had a little problem a few days ago. They are growing so fast that some got into the light. Had to clip away at some areas that got burned. Have raised the lights as high as I can get it and started to bend more of the ladies over to slow this upward growth.

OK peeps, need some help on this one. I have never come across this before. I think I have a hermie.:thedoubletake: Not real sure, but it just doesn't look right. It is one of my females. It is younger that the rest showing what looks like balls on two tip sites. See what ya think.

That's the best this old camera can do.

Hey bare,
Can't see any evidence of a hermie BUT, that is definitely A MALE.

The rest of the grow is doing good. Had a little problem a few days ago. They are growing so fast that some got into the light. Had to clip away at some areas that got burned. Have raised the lights as high as I can get it and started to bend more of the ladies over to slow this upward growth.

Looking good brother, great job :yummy:

Wanted to post a few pics of the grow. The ladies are doing good. Have been doing alot of bending and twisting to keep the upward growth in check. With the lights as high as I can get them, I don't want to have any more get burned.:thedoubletake:

These pics are taken at about Day 17 of Flowering.

Here are a few pics of the younger ladies that are starting to show me what they are all about.:yummy:

Pulled the lady that was showing signs of being a hermie. Real weird. Thought that hermies had same sex in the same areas of the plant. After I pulled it, I was seeing male signs on one side of the plant while the other side had female hairs. What the hell, it's pulled and drying. Maybe butter time.

Picked up some Tiger Bloom at a Hydro shop I found about 40 miles away. The ladies seem to like it.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Wanted to post a few pics of the grow. The ladies are doing good. Have been doing alot of bending and twisting to keep the upward growth in check. With the lights as high as I can get them, I don't want to have any more get burned.:thedoubletake:

Hey Bare,
If absolutely necessary do some LST on them, take some string tie it with a single slip knot loosely around them about the 3rd set from the top and "gently" pull them down to a spot where they are out of the light and tie it down by mounting a screw on the lip of the container where you want the grow to go. Hope that helps

Yes Sir brother, Fox Farm products are good for them, I went all the way with the 18 gallon container. Fox farm soil, Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom they love it. :hug:

I'm going to try the hydro grow the next time around. Going to go with coco and use canna coco nutes.:yummy: Trying my luck with clones from this grow. With any luck, I hope to have at least 3 clones ready at the end of this grow.:cheesygrinsmiley: Going to try SCROG too. Not happy with the results so far and the problems of going 12/12 from seed.:yikes: At least I can say I tried growing this way and find that it has it's good points as well as bad points.:clap:

Boss
Honestly, you are lucky you have what you have. The soil was the first major issue, not the type of grow. Remember what they looked like? I am happy as hell you got females and they are budding :)

I was lucky to have as many females after getting off to a bad start. The soil was not the problem, it was the water. My water is from a well and the ph is low. Very low. When this problem was resolved, the grow went as planned. I started with 12 plant and now developed 7 ladies. Not bad for a bad start.

Don't get me wrong. I learned alot about growing using this method of 12/12 from seed. I know that growing in a single large container is not what I want to do again. I found that my cabinet got full fast with the growth. I had to twist, bend, tie, and cut back daily to keep the ladies from getting into the lights.

But I found that I enjoyed bending and twisting the ladies to do as I wanted. I figure that with this new skill, I would try doing a SCROG the next time. I like to get more into the plants than start a grow and check on them every few days. Touching, talking, and getting to know them. That way if a problem does come up, I hope to spot it before it is a big problem. This is an amazing plant that we all love. With the cabinet that I have built, I think it would be better utilized for a SCROG.

I think it would have been easier to maintain if the side nodes had been cut off the bottoms too. They went crazy all over on you. I think I would try 2 gallon pots on a 12/12 rotation for that size cabinet, you can keep 6-10 plants in flower year round in there. Scrog can tak a lot of veg.

Coming along nice. Looks like there is a good amount of sativa in there, so still have a bit to go :) They look healthy!

Ya there coming along better than I thought they would. I started with bag seed. So far it seems there is at least two different stains and maybe three. Going to be fun to see which one will do the trick to my head. Have taken cuttings from each one. Will see who gets picked for the next grow.:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom