My First Grow in DWC!

k so i could use some help guys and girls, my ph seems to drop instead of rise over night. now i am finding a good amount of what looks like root tips or just pieces of roots.the bucket is def filled to the max with roots so maybe from taking it out to top off and do res changes some root tips are broken in the process ? now its not a drastic drop, goes from 5.9 - 5.3 that was today . now other days it goes from 5.9 just to 5.5 or 5.7 .. any ideas?? doesnt seem to be affecting the plant. i just want to know whats going on. and i scoop out all the lil bits i can with a fish net every day

k so i could use some help guys and girls, my ph seems to drop instead of rise over night. now i am finding a good amount of what looks like root tips or just pieces of roots.the bucket is def filled to the max with roots so maybe from taking it out to top off and do res changes some root tips are broken in the process ? now its not a drastic drop, goes from 5.9 - 5.3 that was today . now other days it goes from 5.9 just to 5.5 or 5.7 .. any ideas?? doesnt seem to be affecting the plant. i just want to know whats going on. and i scoop out all the lil bits i can with a fish net every day

I find little bits of roots floating around in my tubs too and I never remove the plants from the tubs. As root tips are very fragile it's likely that the agitation they get from being disturbed is enough to knock a few more loose. If the roots and plants look healthy it's likely not anything to worry about.

My pH tends to rise slowly so I'll knock it down to 5.2 or so then it will gradually rise to around 6 over a few days. Cycling up and down within acceptable ranges is good for the plants as some nutes are more or less available depending on pH. This way the the plant gets exposure to a variety of optimum pH and that should prevent any one nutrient from getting locked out.

Hope that helped.

:peace:

I'd do the 8 STEP RECOVERY and CLEAN it out good.

or

buy some Hygrozyme.

Well i just did a res change. today i flushed from the top down with 6 gal of 6.0 phd water. when i was done with the last gal it came out at 100 ppm which is what my tap is. then i mixed up 1000ppm of nute solution. next fri will make 8 wks in veg. about 40%- 50% of the hairs are red. i cant see the trichs good with my 10x magnifying loop. i ordered an adjustable one from e-bay , a 60x-100x should be here next week. hopefully the flush will help with the ph issue ive been having.

WHITE WIDOW 7WK 12/12
DSCN2965.JPG

DSCN2966.JPG

DSCN2963.JPG

DSCN2964.JPG

I was showing signs of cal deficiency. i have been using 2 tsp of cal-mag per gallon. dont know if i should up it or not ?

I sure don't see signs of any deficiencies on those girls. They look just fine to me. If you added cal-mag already with fresh nutes that should already have both Ca and Mg in them I wouldn't want to give them any more. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

That's the normal dose and if that doesn't help, a little but not enough, I can't see upping to any more. Could be that it not a cal or mag or iron defiency. Remember in flower plants do strange things to the leaves. If the problem is at the bottom of the plant it will never spread to anything important bbefore you cut. They are concentrating on bud health at this time of the grow. How long do you figure to the cut?

here are some leaf pics. these are about middle to some upper leaves. let me know what you think. its not on all the leaves just a couple here and there. im not freakin out or anything , its so close to harvest .

DSCN2972.JPG

DSCN2973.JPG

DSCN2970.JPG

DSCN2971.JPG

DSCN2968.JPG

DSCN2967.JPG

yeah mc . the last week im gonna run straight water. so i'll do res change next fri and let them go for another week. but if i see amber trichs when i get the new microscope then i'll just change to water for a couple days before. now by flush you mean just let them feed off of plain water for a week right? i dont have any clearing solution or anything ..

Just looks like they are being sucked dry to me. Notice that most of the spots are along the veins of the leaves or at least start from there. Looks like the leaves are shiny and flat so I wouldn't consider that a problem. It's fall in your grow room and leaves just do their thing.

I flush with water for the last res change. Sometimes 2-3 days, some times a week and do it with plain water for the most part. The florokleen is mainly to make it easier to clean up for the next grow. It may dump some excess salt out of the netcups but I'm not worried about that at this point anyway. Think I'm going to do H2o2 this time and see if there is any difference. I'm almost out of florakleen anyway.

Chevyman, When I try to see the trichs with my little scope micro thing. It's HARD to focus, buy if you take even a simple close up pic and open the pic up and try to edit it you can zoom way in and check out much easier than with that scope thing .. I have a hard time focusing even on a table with that little bugger !! Good luck , maybe I'm just too old and have the shakes ! lol... :peace:

come on ol hippy , im sure your not tooo old !!!lol. i have tried to take a pic and look at it on the pc zoomed in but its all blurry. i have a lil bit of shakes myself iguess. the digital camera i use is very sensitive to its hard to get a good pic. but im sure one way or another ill figure it out.

Damn my plant seems to be getting real close and my kids want to go snowboarding next wk. I don't want to leave my girlfriend in charge of maybe cutting or making sure their drying right etc !? I'm worried that if I wait till I get back it might be pushing it ? They're starting to get red hairs more so every day the trichs are still clear but I think that could change within a few days I wonder if it would really matter that much , just a matter of a few days ?? :peace:

come on ol hippy , im sure your not tooo old !!!lol. i have tried to take a pic and look at it on the pc zoomed in but its all blurry. i have a lil bit of shakes myself iguess. the digital camera i use is very sensitive to its hard to get a good pic. but im sure one way or another ill figure it out.

Get a cheap $20 tripod and use your timer to snap the pic. I do most of mine freehand and like shooting a gun, take a deep breath and while slowly releasing it squeeze the trigger/button don't pull/push it. Hold the camera with your index finger on the shutter release and your thumb on the bottom of the camera and pinch the camera gently. A little practice and you'll lots steadier shots. My wife takes lousy pics but you should see her spaz out shooting pool! lol

I've got some of the same weird stuff going on with some of my leaves and I'm not gonna sweat it. I'll be chopping my girls in the next week or so and nothing's spreading fast enough to hurt anything now. It's what you did with your plants in the weeks before that really affects the outcome and throwing stuff at them this late is going to have little or no effect. IMHO.

Damn my plant seems to be getting real close and my kids want to go snowboarding next wk. I don't want to leave my girlfriend in charge of maybe cutting or making sure their drying right etc !? I'm worried that if I wait till I get back it might be pushing it ? They're starting to get red hairs more so every day the trichs are still clear but I think that could change within a few days I wonder if it would really matter that much , just a matter of a few days ?? :peace:

Chopping day isn't carved in stone. It takes days for the trichs to get really cloudy and a few more to start turning amber. You think the Jolly Green Giant gets every pea at the peak of perfection? lol

If you get back and some buds have gone all amber, get those first. Other buds will be in different stages so maybe get some that are still clear. Cure them the same as the dark ones and see if you can really tell the difference. Or how much of a difference there is. You might like one more than the other and that can guide you for future grows. Just don't worry as it won't be ruined. It's gonna be great no matter what 'cause you grew it yourself!

C'ya.

The tops usually finish before the bottom so you can cut the tops and then let the bottom finish out for a few more days. It buys some time.

Back
Top Bottom