My First Grow in DWC!

k everybody doing a lil different kind of post today, dont worry theres no shortage of pictures...lol Started flushing today. just phd water. i know there are a bunch of u not flushing and some ppl say flush. so im gonna be one to try flushing . then we can alll compare notes..Came up with a mini version of ROSEMANS odor bucket. thanks for the idea ROSEMAN !! i just modified it a bit

coffee can odor bucket

DSCN3041.JPG

supplies:
3" computer cooling fan. 120 v ac.
3' lamp cord
1- outlet box {blue kind }
1- light switch
1- Big size coffee container.
2 or 3 different drill sizes { i used 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" }
Razor knife
phillips screw driver
wire nuts.
assorted screws.
Hot glue gun

First i took a jar of sour kraut, i dont like it, my mom was just visiting and she liked it. any way, the jare is the same size as the round part of the fan so i used it for a template on the lid of the coffee can.
DSCN30421.JPG

DSCN3043.JPG

Then i just cut that with my razor knife.

DSCN30451.JPG

Then i just hot glued the flange of the fan, making sure i had the air flow facing into the can.

DSCN3046.JPG

DSCN3056.JPG

DSCN3057.JPG

Next i took the blue switch box and pre drilled two small holes. then i attached the blue box to just under the lip on the can.with two small screws.
DSCN3048.JPG

DSCN3049.JPG

DSCN30512.JPG

DSCN3050.JPG

Now that the box is mounted we can drill the vent holes everywhere but of course where the box is mounted.This is where i used 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" . but whatever you have works. i just drilled a bunch of holes all the way around . i stayed about 2"-3" from the bottom so i could put ona gel and a lil bit of water too.

DSCN3052.JPG

DSCN3053.JPG

DSCN3055.JPG

DSCN3054.JPG

ok so im not an electrician but i do know enough about ac to know how to wire just about anything. I got a dimmer switch figuring i could control the speed of the fan but it doesnt work like that. it only turns on when its up all the way. but i think all the way is ok.So a regular single pole switch would work just fine.i ran the fan wires in one side of the box and the cord wires in the other side. i attached the black from the fan and the black from the cord , one to each black on the swich. my switch just had 2 blacks and a ground. I put it all inside a blue box for safety . just keep it all neat and clean.

DSCN3059.JPG

DSCN3058.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

now screw the switch down and put the lid on ond ur done.there is enough slack with the wires from the fan to be able to remove the lid and place it down for ona refilling.

DSCN3061.JPG

DSCN3062.JPG

DSCN3063.JPG

So there you have it , your DIY Mini Odor bucket.. All said it with the ona gell and the fan they were the most money spent. $20 for ona fresh linen and $20 for cooling fan. about $7 for the switch,box, and lamp cord...coffee can....FREE.....after you drink the coffee. so really about $27 in parts. and $20 worth of refills.

i'll def do that. it works great. i cant even hear the fan or smell the pot anymore. i put it right inside the room next to the door. now when i walk in there it smells like fresh laundry..

k everybody doing a lil different kind of post today, dont worry theres no shortage of pictures...lol Started flushing today. just phd water. i know there are a bunch of u not flushing and some ppl say flush. so im gonna be one to try flushing . then we can alll compare notes..Came up with a mini version of ROSEMANS odor bucket. thanks for the idea ROSEMAN !! i just modified it a bit

coffee can odor bucket

DSCN3041.JPG

supplies:
3" computer cooling fan. 120 v ac.
3' lamp cord
1- outlet box {blue kind }
1- light switch
1- Big size coffee container.
2 or 3 different drill sizes { i used 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" }
Razor knife
phillips screw driver
wire nuts.
assorted screws.
Hot glue gun

First i took a jar of sour kraut, i dont like it, my mom was just visiting and she liked it. any way, the jare is the same size as the round part of the fan so i used it for a template on the lid of the coffee can.
DSCN30421.JPG

DSCN3043.JPG

Then i just cut that with my razor knife.

DSCN30451.JPG

Then i just hot glued the flange of the fan, making sure i had the air flow facing into the can.

DSCN3046.JPG

DSCN3056.JPG

DSCN3057.JPG

Next i took the blue switch box and pre drilled two small holes. then i attached the blue box to just under the lip on the can.with two small screws.
DSCN3048.JPG

DSCN3049.JPG

DSCN30512.JPG

DSCN3050.JPG

Now that the box is mounted we can drill the vent holes everywhere but of course where the box is mounted.This is where i used 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" . but whatever you have works. i just drilled a bunch of holes all the way around . i stayed about 2"-3" from the bottom so i could put ona gel and a lil bit of water too.

DSCN3052.JPG

DSCN3053.JPG

DSCN3055.JPG

DSCN3054.JPG

ok so im not an electrician but i do know enough about ac to know how to wire just about anything. I got a dimmer switch figuring i could control the speed of the fan but it doesnt work like that. it only turns on when its up all the way. but i think all the way is ok.So a regular single pole switch would work just fine.i ran the fan wires in one side of the box and the cord wires in the other side. i attached the black from the fan and the black from the cord , one to each black on the swich. my switch just had 2 blacks and a ground. I put it all inside a blue box for safety . just keep it all neat and clean.

DSCN3059.JPG

DSCN3058.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

now screw the switch down and put the lid on ond ur done.there is enough slack with the wires from the fan to be able to remove the lid and place it down for ona refilling.

DSCN3061.JPG

DSCN3062.JPG

DSCN3063.JPG

So there you have it , your DIY Mini Odor bucket.. All said it with the ona gell and the fan they were the most money spent. $20 for ona fresh linen and $20 for cooling fan. about $7 for the switch,box, and lamp cord...coffee can....FREE.....after you drink the coffee. so really about $27 in parts. and $20 worth of refills.

TALK ABOUT STEALTHAgain one of the best ever odor control buckets. Nice and small, kinda stealthy so it can be out in public areas but hidden. THIS ROCKS I've seen a few others, but have no need for a big fan/bucket that can't be hidden. So seeing the rs little fans, which I already have 2 of, this setup rocks. I'll be making one soon. I'm just going to find and even smaller container, the size of the fan to make one. Just so it can be hidden easy out in a common area. +rep when I can.

Very nice odor bucket!
As for the dimmer not working it's probably because the fan is only made for single speed. Some fans are made for vairable speed and a dimmer should work with them.
Plants are alos looking real nice

Nice looking plants - you've got some serious colas going on! +reps

As for the dimmer not working it's probably because the fan is only made for single speed. Some fans are made for vairable speed and a dimmer should work with them.

A dimmer made for a light will not work, especially on a dc fan motor.

You need a fan control... and even then, I think they only work with A/C motors, as they slow down the normal 60 hertz a/c frequency.

Good afternoon everyone. hope your all having a good sunday.

Well i just walked in from my garage and i swear the whole house smells like clean laundry. i cant believe it!! i should have done this a long time ago. I found that before when i made an attempt at rosemans bucket i used the ona crystals. which are still like gel but like jello.They dried out a lil to quick for me. Of course i never used rosemans bucket because unfortunately i could never find the right fan for the job. so i ended using the crystals like in the back of the humidifier just without any water . they would be all dried up and the odor control just wasnt affective. Now im using the ona gel, which is strangely like a paste.. anywho i just poured a lil bit in yesterday and added maybe 1/2 - 1 cup of water and still plenty left today.. works for me.

Now im going to give the girl some nutes with a top off. I was just gonna start flushing this week and harvest next sunday... but i decided after looking at alot of trichs. to wait 2 more weeks. i did a res change yesterday adding just plain phd water. well she drinks a gallon a day so ill just add nutes to one gallon and top her off. i'll give her light nutes for this week then none starting next friday..

Hmm I may have to try that out , I have to make sure no one is standing near my front door when I open it. The smell can knock you off your feet ! I keep a can of spray fabreeze by the door , when someone knocks I spray the hell out of the front hall before I open up. Are you waiting for more amber ? What percent of white hairs do you still have ? I'm right there as well just seeing how close we are ! :peace:

Hmm I may have to try that out , I have to make sure no one is standing near my front door when I open it. The smell can knock you off your feet ! I keep a can of spray fabreeze by the door , when someone knocks I spray the hell out of the front hall before I open up. Are you waiting for more amber ? What percent of white hairs do you still have ? I'm right there as well just seeing how close we are ! :peace:

LOL, I keep Ozium by the front and back door.

just some more pics. one concern though. look at pic 1 and let me know what you think. please.
a hermi?
DSCN30811.JPG

and heres just some trich pics
DSCN3077.JPG

DSCN3076.JPG

DSCN30791.JPG

DSCN3078.JPG

DSCN30801.JPG

DSCN3082.JPG

DSCN3083.JPG

DSCN3084.JPG

DSCN3085.JPG

DSCN3086.JPG

DSCN3087.JPG

any comments on pic #1 are welcome and appreciated. now i just spoke to a buddy on the phone and he said it is her last ditch effort to reproduce. and that she is almost done. Now i think im gonna harvest on sat 2/6/2010 that will be 8 complete weeks.

Your buddy is right - wet your fingers, or use wet tweezers, and pull it out. It's a female pollen sac, aka "banana"

They are like cockroaches... if you see one...

great photo job bro. I see mostly clear trichs which is fine with me. You could take it a lil longer for different effects. Snatch that banana and look for some more...I guarentee there will be. Fem seeds anyone? Ive still got a shitload of home made Whiteberry seeds that are nice.REPS!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom