My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Movers

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

Sensi Zym breaks down dead root mass, starches, carbohydrates and nutrients for better absorption of the roots. Basically, any poopy stuff in your res/soil, it will turn it into food for your roots. Are you using it for the sole purpose of cleaning up the dead stuff? Are you using it as a sterilizer to prevent RR from higher temps? If I were you, I'd use something like DM Zone, which can be used with minimal amounts of h202. Also, Corey from BPN mixed up his own recipe that you can make for way cheaper! I hope you don't mind that I post it here? I'm also re-posting this from Xlr8's thread a while ago so I give all the credit to Corey and X.

This recipe is for 1 gallon of homemade RootZone DM

first of all, when buying copper sulfate, there a couple different formulations for that particular chemical. so, what I have done is this: The following link is for 500 grams of copper sulfate pentahydrate
CHEM CU SULFATE PENTA ACS 500G - Laboratory Chemicals - Laboratory Supplies - 8EJ50 : Grainger Industrial Supply

The molecular weight of copper sulfate pentahydrate is 249.68
The molecular weight of copper is 63.546
divide 63.546 by 249.68 and you will find that copper sulfate pentahydrate is 25.6% copper. If you use another form of copper sulfate, make sure that you know the molecular weight of the compound which you can find using a periodic table. the reason I say this is that there is also Copper(II) sulfate (cupric sulfate) which has a higher percentage of copper because it is not hydrated.
Anyway, for 1 gallon, you will need exactly 15.14 grams of copper sulfate pentahydrate which is 1.024 grams of elemental copper per liter of water and thus 3.88 grams of elemental copper per gallon
1.024 grams elemental copper per 1000 ml RO water equals .1% soluble copper.

The amount of potassium nitrate in that stuff is negligible. I don't even know why it is in there. They use roughly 13 grams of potassium nitrate per gallon which does not contribute to the potassium or nitrogen content of your nutrient solution much at all.
So, just throw in 13-14 grams per gallon of potassium nitrate (saltpeter) and you will have roughly .06% nitrogen and .15% potassium
you can get potassium nitrate just about anywhere. you can get it on ebay for about $5 a pound all day long and most of the stuff listed on ebay is refined and high quality....much more pure than what is needed for this recipe.

anyway, to re-cap this recipe for 1 gallon of homemade rootzone DM:
use 15.14 grams of copper sulfate pentahydrate
13 grams of potassium nitrate
and 1 gallon (3785) ml pure RO water

There you have it. 1 gallon of RootZone DM for pennies!

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

Thanks UG,good read.I got it because ive been hearing good things about it.I ll try pretty much anything once to see if I get better results.I just didnt do my homework on wether it can be used with h2o2.as soon as I thought about it for 5 seconds lol..I figured that it could'nt because its alive:) I have no issues with res temps it sits at 65 degrees right now without a chiller.I use the h2o2 as a perventative and for the extra oxigen molecule. Ive never had root rot:wood:. from what ive read people are seeing an increase in yield when they use any "zym" product, that is what im interested in:)

Sensizym - because of the structure of the enzymes, i wouldnt use this in a nutrient resevoir with "organic" nutes!

There will almost certainly be a bad reaction in the mix - ive used this before and when mixing it with dutch master advance a&b it was fine, when mixing with things like bat guano, fish emulsion etc.. it goes toxic and the roots just stink! eventually fucking your yield - start off with very small incremental applications so you can rectify any mistakes.

-Root Rot expert. haha

Also im not a fan of h202 - in my opinion it does an excellent job of removing bad bacteria, but it also removes a lot of beneficial bacteria that once eliminated , its gotta come from somewhere..? this is when u run into problems and many random deficiences like boron etc.. macronutrients that should be in there and never removed.

Once you use h202 you have to use it every 3-4 days - pain in the arse.

if there aint nothing wrong dont touch it. ;)

heres a pretty interesting little tidbit for all you Canadians out there.I say Canadians because im not sure if it works outside of Canada.A couple friends of mine have been raving about this site, believe it or not it is a site that you can order anything from AAAA grade organically grown chemo kush and lots of AAA and AA strains as well as greenhouse grown strains, budders,full melt bubble hash,bho glass edibles and other stuff.now I was a non believer for quite awhile but they kept on telling me about it so I took a look and decided to give it a try.you do NOT need to be a card holder to order from this site.my wifes favorite thing in the world to smoke is old school gold seal hash one of mine favs too.there are 3 different kinds of exotic hash on this site temple ball hash afghany gold seal and another one.I decided to order a quarter of the gold seal as a suprise for my wife.we havent seen that kind of hash around in years so I figured what the hell.its a little weird how it works.you put the order in,they send you an e-mail with an address(different everytime you order) and you send a blank money order.its took about a week for the whole proccess to happen and lo and behold this showed up today:)
IMAG06721.jpg

absolutely the real deal gold seal afghan hash!
I love the idea of beeing able to order a quarter here and there of some to notch strains to try just so we dont get tired of the same old same old.they even have combo packs of weed and hash or budder:)

heres a pretty interesting little tidbit for all you Canadians out there.I say Canadians because im not sure if it works outside of Canada.A couple friends of mine have been raving about this site, believe it or not it is a site that you can order anything from AAAA grade organically grown chemo kush and lots of AAA and AA strains as well as greenhouse grown strains, budders,full melt bubble hash,bho glass edibles and other stuff.now I was a non believer for quite awhile but they kept on telling me about it so I took a look and decided to give it a try.you do NOT need to be a card holder to order from this site.my wifes favorite thing in the world to smoke is old school gold seal hash one of mine favs too.there are 3 different kinds of exotic hash on this site temple ball hash afghany gold seal and another one.I decided to order a quarter of the gold seal as a suprise for my wife.we havent seen that kind of hash around in years so I figured what the hell.its a little weird how it works.you put the order in,they send you an e-mail with an address(different everytime you order) and you send a blank money order.its took about a week for the whole proccess to happen and lo and behold this showed up today:)
IMAG06721.jpg

absolutely the real deal gold seal afghan hash!
I love the idea of beeing able to order a quarter here and there of some to notch strains to try just so we dont get tired of the same old same old.they even have combo packs of weed and hash or budder:)

That's amazing! If only it was that easy in other parts of the world!

I use 35% food grade peroxide at 1.5 mil per gallon every res change and everytime I add water to the res with great results.there is no slime at all in the res and and the added oxygen helps the plants as well.does sensisym make the plants/roots/nugs bigger?Im just trying to figure out if its worth using this stuff.at $40 a litre its not cheap.what else does it do besides eat dead algea and roots?

I'm not sure about sensisym I'm sorry but I use Dutch Master Zone which keeps everything sterile and has prevented any problems. Not sure what it costs your way but I pay around $20 a litre doing a very rough currency conversion. It goes quite a long way too - if you run it constantly you add 5ml per 20l of nute solution at the beginning of every nute change and that keeps everything nice and sterile

I dont have any problems in my res at all,the h2o2 works really well at keeping things clean.I guess im just looking for products that will help with the final product.Im not sure if sensizym or dm zone will do that or not but I have the sensizym so im going to start using it when I flip the lights and see for myself if its worth 40 bucks a litre.if I dont see any visible benefits then I ll go back to h2o2.some people swear by h2o2 as a perventative others only use it in emergencies.all I kow is h2o2 works great:)

Yeah; I only use the DMZ as prevention because I get periods where my res temp gets too high - the only real issue I have is my res acting as a bloody heat sink and warming up! I don't think the DMZ provides much in the way of benefit other than preventing me from getting awful root rot as a result of the res temps

all h202 is, is liquid oxygen. If you put too much, that's a real bad thing. But most people I know do 3ml per gal with every watering and it makes the roots go crazy. I hear roots excelurator is a fantastic product but only used till week 3 of flower. I use hygrozym but when I did hydro it was h202 with every watering

p.s that's the craziest site I have ever heard of, do you pay with BitCoins or whatever?

all h202 is, is liquid oxygen. If you put too much, that's a real bad thing. But most people I know do 3ml per gal with every watering and it makes the roots go crazy. I hear roots excelurator is a fantastic product but only used till week 3 of flower. I use hygrozym but when I did hydro it was h202 with every watering

p.s that's the craziest site I have ever heard of, do you pay with BitCoins or whatever?
you just get a blank money order for whatever the price is and send it wherever the email says takes about a week:)

Well technically its not just liquid o2 - but i hear your point, most of the h202 products in hydro stores are like 35-50% not 3% - not a fan.. correct feeding and clean res are the key.. i like my beneficail bacteria haha :)

H202 : A colorless, heavy, strongly oxidizing liquid, H2O2, capable of reacting explosively with combustibles and used principally in aqueous solution as a mild antiseptic, a bleaching agent, an oxidizing agent, and a laboratory reagent.

C'mon Jon i wanna see the flip mate!! :laughtwo:
If i did not live where i am now i would wanna be in Canada! That shit is off the richter! Awesome!
Not sure there buisness model is legit but good on em for havin a crack and supplying top notch product.

lol...theres no way its legit,you dont need a liscence to order from them but it works,im going to try something different every month just for some variety:blunt: and the flip is coming bro lol...I just dont want to pull the trigger to early like last round. I raised up the afghan #1 into the screen by the 2 small hgk just to fill in the empty space so im thinking I ll flip the lights tomorrow or the next day:)

Back
Top Bottom