My First Grow

BluPitt

So this is my first grow and I would appreciate some advice. This plant is 44 days from sprouting. It’s an Autoflower, just curious as to how long do you guys think it’ll be before I can harvest her? When do you guys start counting “flowering phase” days. I got three others that are trailing behind this one.

Timing is very loose. You can harvest as early as 70 days, or as many as 120. Breeder information about your strains will be relatively close, but are usually over sold. (takes longer than they say) conditions, growing medium, genetics can all play a roll. I start considering it in flower once my tops start popping pistils.

The best way to tell when your buds are ready to harvest is by using a magnifying glass or jewlers loupe to check the trichomes.

I agree with @PlastekShark. Using a magnifier will tell you best. And like he said you can't go off the Breeders information. I've had an Autoflower breeder state about 80 days on one of mine and it took 105 days. I also had an old wise man grower tell me that once your flower start showing natural ambering of the pistols then you roughly have around 21 days left before Harvest. I'm not sure how true that is but I am keeping a close eye on my new grows and going to try that method out and see if it's accurate with my magnifier at the 21-day mark.

The one in question starting popping pistols around day 22 from sprouting. At one point I thought it was gonna die on me...

Not sure why my other three are lagging behind so much, they all sprouted same day. Would you recommend defoliation of an Auto? My other three are so bushy at the moment.

The one in question starting popping pistols around day 22 from sprouting. At one point I thought it was gonna die on me...

Not sure why my other three are lagging behind so much, they all sprouted same day. Would you recommend defoliation of an Auto? My other three are so bushy at the moment.
Plants grow differently, even same strain. You got a ways to go...they look good, so no need to defol at this point. Mentally target 100 days...in all likelihood that's where you'll be.

Yes I would defoliate so you can get light penetration in more places just don't go to the extreme and strip her down completely naked..lol.. I defoliate during the veg of my autoflowers as well as defoliate during the first part of her flowering. You can also LST your autoflowers by pulling down the main branch to get light to the lower nodes and you're also able to top them. There is a lot of information on this site in the forums and a lot of people here will help you tremendously to get through your grows, just go to the forums and search topping autoflowers, LST ect.

Thanks for the help. There are two that are same strain(according to seed bank) part of the reason I was question the grow. The other two are two completely separate strains, but they are all Autos

I fed them nutrients today and they seemed to get droopy on me. These are the nutrients i used. I went by the FF guide, I did 3 tsp Big Bloom, 2 tsp Grow Big, 2tsp Tiger Bloom and 5ml CalMag per gallon water.

So I found this today. Everything I’ve read says it’s might be a CalMag Deficiency . Wanted to see what you guys could tell me. I’ve been adding CalMag when I water. I’ve cut back on nutes to only once a week. I fed them water and CalMag today. Any recommendations. So far this is my only plant with these spots. Should I cut off the affected leaves?

Definitely haven’t gotten water on those leaves. The only ones that may get wet are at the very bottom when I feed them. I’m pretty careful though

It's possible that it's a magnesium deficiency. Up to Cal Mag and see if that helps, you can never do too much Cal Mag with a cannabis plant.

Timing is very loose. You can harvest as early as 70 days, or as many as 120. Breeder information about your strains will be relatively close, but are usually over sold. (takes longer than they say) conditions, growing medium, genetics can all play a roll. I start considering it in flower once my tops start popping pistils.

The best way to tell when your buds are ready to harvest is by using a magnifying glass or jewlers loupe to check the trichomes.

Cut off a calyx today and this is what I see.
8EFDB52E-4CA6-482F-992E-396F24B79A39.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom