MY First Grow!

just had this conversation with BeIrie

look at it this way - lower total lumens mean you have to be closer to the lights to get similar output to the plants...since my floros are so low wattage i can get them so close that the lumens to plant ratio is actually decent, and since the lights are so close, they don't stretch for me - having higher wattage lights means a greater distance due to heat etc thus the possibility for stretching...I could just be blowing smoke, but i really think that overall distance to the lights, without regards to light output may be the pivotal factor.

yeah i get your point XSV.
im not really that concerned about the stretch. i have a 63' celing so if they reach that ill just tilt them and tie em to a stake.

well heres a Week 9 (day60) day 9 of flowering!!

well heres the update.
the plants are in the stretch and are about to my stomach (im about 5'9)

i kept the same watering amount the same at
1 gl
nutes:7ml FF Tiger Bloom
ph'd to 6.5
here are the pics.
Plant #1
22.gif

3.gif

4.gif

Plant #2
a.gif

b.gif

c.gif

d.gif

great job!

Week 10 Day 73 // Day23 of Flowering

Week 10 Day 73 // Day23 of Flowering

Okay well today is day 23 of flowering!! everything is going great!!... except for 1 problem i have tons and i mean tons of very little black flies. i guess they are gnats??? so this is my first problem. what to do?!!?

besides that here are some pictures!
still on the same feeding scheduele
DAY 23 of 12/12

1585.jpg

10100.jpg

11163.jpg

3356.jpg

5222.jpg

6192.jpg

7164.jpg

9118.jpg

damn, check the help page on pest problems. chances are that ur gonna have to use an insecticide. i'd look around for ones that don't harm the bud production or quality when you smoke it.

great advice XSV

thanks Fox && EPiCbuds(lmao)! seriously dude u give great advice and dont over think anything!(no offence)

but yeah.. i did notice from a left over water bottle the gnats were flying in and dying inside all the bottom of the gallon was covered!

my first attack on these gnats were to spray them with some water mixed with asophryl(sp) alcohol dont know if it is ganna mess the plants up(i was thinking it would just evaporate) and had had 4 fly fly strips hung

will check 2morow to see how the treatment worked

good strategy

the ladiez are lovely!!! :goodjob: DON'T spray with alcohol. if theres that many gnats, get a vacuum cleaner w/a hose and make a game of it. also remove whatever they hang around. they are more annoying than harmful so don't use them chem's! go w/the fly strips and/or a simular trap. i like the vacuum personaly!! ;)

i use a l.s.t. technique to keep the ladiez that are stretching under control.
also it helps get the buds at the bottom some light so they nug up!! plus you can run the plant parallel to your light and maximize your lumen exposure as opposed to just growing strait up and having a limited area exposed.

i use a 1000wt hps now its 4 1/2' above the dirt and i keep my plants 12-15" tall (even though they are really 2-3 times taller than that) with the l.s.t. some bottom pre-flowers are 8+ inches tall but 3" of that is a cola.

i did the same when i was using cfl's. only the light was 2-3" from the plant tops.

either way l.s.t. is great for alot of stuff including yield. i have a couple plants now that have 8 or more lst points (some tied and anchored with sting some just have sticks leaning them) they are gonna be monsters in 8 weeks or so.

keep up the good grow. the cronic is with you. :bongrip:

i like that, let the chronic be with you my son

well tuesday should be week 12 or week 5 of flowering!

i havent really noticed any noticeble bud growth besides the initial growths.
i was wondering if its normal or if something is holding them back?
maybe the 5G have become rootbound? or the FF TigerBloom isnt doing good?

although the plants look completely healthy!

yea, you're in the waiting game stage now. i'm still in it, i'll be out in a week or two tho. you basically just sit around and wait for bud to grow. nothing really exciting. the only thing you should be worrying about now is the soon to be intense smell.

yeah i agree i also switched to 12/12 and i have been waiting and i got curious like you and asked Nbk380 how long would it take to show some kind of sign and he said the same you just have to wait sometimes it takes 2 weeks other times up to a month all we have to do is have patience and wait! good luck on the grow!

Back
Top Bottom