My First Journal, Kanno 26: I Will Grow 6 Critical Plants From Royal Queen Seeds

Hi Kanno - well, you definitely took the lower growth, no doubt about that. What's left looks great. It sounds like Azi has you on a plan, so I'll just say that you might want to wait a few days before you top them. It might be a good idea to let them recover from losing half their mass first, as that was a fairly aggressive removal for their size. Just my two cents.
Hi @Jon, are you probably better to wait a few days than pinch the rush hour and how many days should I wait?

Hi @Jon, are you probably better to wait a few days than pinch the rush hour and how many days should I wait?
Well, I'm going to defer to Azimuth on that one @Kanno26 cuz he apparently has you on a system and I may be out of my depth, I'm not sure. Ask him and see what he thinks. I would have topped it first and let that lower growth stay while it was still powering the plant until it caught up to form your quad. He knows this method much better than I.

From the originator:

It's not a ton of stress but they are little so you don't want to over-do it. I always like to strip the bottom two nodes a day or two before topping to give the plant a little time to recover. Doing everything all at the same time can cause extra delay and we don't want that. Also if you are growing multiple plants then I highly recommend to do each one when they are ready and not on a planned schedule. Different genetics grow at different rates and you should always do things to your plants based on how they look and not based on a scheduled time frame. If you are growing multiple plants then rarely can you strip and top at the same time. That means they all have to be at the exact same spot and that will rarely happen, especially if they aren't all the same genetics. Also it is key to note that if you are growing in soil, this could all take a little longer to recover then if you are growing in Coco or Hydro. If someone growing in Coco has a plant that recovers quicker and is larger, well that is just the nature of growing in a hydro medium. Doing any training or topping in soil will always take a little longer to recover and usually plants just aren't as big in soil as they are in Hydro. You will still have beautiful plants but you might be wondering why they don't look as big as someone else's plants and really it's as simple as genetics or growing medium.

Next, as the plants grow larger and start to really pick up the pace in veg, I will use my fingers to bend the 4th nodes branches to let the 3rd nodes branches catch up to them. Sometimes a plant will do this naturally but there is an in between stage where plants are still to fragile to really be tied down so I just slowly bend that top node with my fingers to start getting the branches to grow horizontally. Here is also a key to note. There are certain hormones (auxins) that aid in regulating plant growth. If a branch is growing completely horizontally then it sends different hormones to that branch then if it was growing completely vertical. When you start pinning down branches you always want to keep them tied down to the point where there is a 10-20% grade to them and not completely flat. If you don't do this then the 4 main branches will slow way down with growth and the middle will explode and you want to keep everything nice and even. It is hard to recover from this once the 4 main branches really slow down.

So, to answer the question directly, strip lower two nodes first like you've done, then give it a day or two and then top it. Not all plants are ready at the same time, so do each when it's ready.

Looking good. :thumb:

And put that sensor on a string so you can lower it down to canopy height. That will make me feel better. ;)

Thanks @Azimut, for following the instructions you sent me, thank you very much, I will keep you informed;)
:thumb:

And, for the record, it's Azimuth with an "H" at the end. Doesn't matter all that much to me as I've been called many things (lol), but if you are trying to tag me I won't see the notification without that pesky last letter. When you start typing it in after putting in the '@' symbol, there should be a drop down list that you can just pick me off from.

:thumb:

And, for the record, it's Azimuth with an "H" at the end. Doesn't matter all that much to me as I've been called many things (lol), but if you are trying to tag me I won't see the notification without that pesky last letter. When you start typing it in after putting in the '@' symbol, there should be a drop down list that you can just pick me off from.
So I'm sorry @Azimuth, I probably forgot to put him in there I'll take care of it;)

Thanks Buddy!
Something new everyday here!:goodjob:
That app with the plotting looks perfect!
Plus they have a soil sensor and a hub with an on/off outlet and wifi and bt to the sensors.

I can see it now!
While on vaca I can watch the room and turn on an irrigation pump for a few minutes when needed!:cool:
That's right, they have a lot of great gadgets, you can follow everything;) you're welcome.

Hi fellow growers, have a nice Thursday, I let the girls recover for two days and today I trimmed the tops of my girls and in a day or two they will get half watering. Otherwise they are doing well, thanks for the insight. Here are some photos before and after;)
IMG_20220303_143732.jpg
IMG_20220303_143739.jpg
IMG_20220303_143742.jpg
IMG_20220303_143747.jpg
IMG_20220303_143752.jpg
IMG_20220303_143807.jpg

IMG_20220303_160715.jpg

IMG_20220303_143452.jpg

Ahoj kolegové pěstitelé, hezký čtvrtek, nechala jsem holky dva dny se vzpamatovat a dnes jsem holkám ostříhala vršky a za den nebo dva mají poloviční zálivku. Jinak se mají dobře, díky za nahlédnutí. Tady je pár fotek před a po;)
IMG_20220303_143452.jpg
IMG_20220303_143732.jpg
IMG_20220303_143739.jpg
IMG_20220303_143742.jpg
IMG_20220303_143747.jpg
IMG_20220303_143752.jpg
IMG_20220303_143807.jpg

IMG_20220303_160715.jpg
Wow, killer post, @Kanno26! Love the graphs! Excellent work on the topping too. Your girls look nice and green, and you have quads all over the place!! The next course of action almost writes itself, doesn't it? Lol.

Ahoj kolegové pěstitelé, hezký čtvrtek, nechala jsem holky dva dny se vzpamatovat a dnes jsem holkám ostříhala vršky a za den nebo dva mají poloviční zálivku. Jinak se mají dobře, díky za nahlédnutí. Tady je pár fotek před a po;)
IMG_20220303_143452.jpg
IMG_20220303_143732.jpg
IMG_20220303_143739.jpg
IMG_20220303_143742.jpg
IMG_20220303_143747.jpg
IMG_20220303_143752.jpg
IMG_20220303_143807.jpg

IMG_20220303_160715.jpg
Sorry Kanno you forgot the translate button. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Sorry Kanno you forgot the translate button. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
What's funny is that I guess since I follow him I get emails when he posts. They're in English. Google translates it for me I guess? Cuz when I hit the view this post button and it opens a page and takes me to the post, I see the same thing as you - no translation.

Wow, killer post, @Kanno26! Love the graphs! Excellent work on the topping too. Your girls look nice and green, and you have quads all over the place!! The next course of action almost writes itself, doesn't it? Lol.
Thanks @Jon, I have four main branches on all of them and I'll pour them tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and then make sure they stretch.

Sorry @ Bill284, I've fixed it sometimes, sometimes I forget to press translate;)
It's all good my friend. :Namaste:
I'm glad we have a system in place where we can communicate at least.
Otherwise I'd be clueless, even more than usual I mean. :rofl:
Just wasn't sure if you noticed is all.
Hope your having a great day Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

Ahoj kolegové pěstitelé, tak dnes to začalo, první čtyři jsou z hlíny a dva ještě zbývají, tak snad je zítra doženou @Jon, @Grand Daddy Black ,@HashFart, @Bill284, @Emilya. Díky za nahlédnutí a klidně za nějaké připomínky, nyní jsou v pařáku pod 24w zářivostí a v substrátu od Canny.

IMG_20220129_173201.jpg

IMG_20220129_173130.jpg

IMG_20220129_173112.jpg
Hi Kanno! May I ask how you germinated them?

Back
Top Bottom