My garden

Thank you Dutty. Thorough as always.

I read through it, but I'm bleary-eyed now. Damn DST! Always throws me off for days until my body adjusts to the light change.

I'll give it a better read tomorrow. Must sleep now.:laughtwo::green_heart:

Wow, Dutty, that is some good shit right there. Lot of information...

One quick question of the top of my head,, you say heavy feeding gets the yield. So, what about someone like me that wants to grow organically. How do I achieve the heavy feedings?..is that by prepping my soil, or feeding organically, or a combination?

Thanks, bro

Organic is all about the plant taking what she needs herself, by feeding the micro-organisms s through the root system, that in turn give the right nutrients back to the plant. The only thing you can do is provide high brix and tea's, and high quality top dressings. You can not force feed in organic soil .. doing so would destroy the microherd .. or so I understood it.

Thanks Planet J. That is kind of what I had in my head, but I think it helps to hear it from others. I've got a lot to learn but I'm glad to be around folks here doing it!

Yup planet is correct I can't truly speak on organic growing as I've never done that. Docs kit is as close to organic I've come.

It's really more about genetics salt loving strains love heavy feedings cause there salt loving creatures. I'm referring to strains like og,some kush,chemdawg,some diesels, and others. Then there's strains that give you a better result cause its hyper sensitive to feedings and you didn't heavily feed.

So what I should of said is genetics more so than feeding. But once you get to know the strain you get to know it's limits. It takes a couple of harvests but should always be done. When i get a new strain the first time it goes through bloom I try and have two in there side by side. One I'll top the other I won't. I also usually will run one on a,base a and b feeding. Then the other I run with the rest of the line up.

If its just 1 at a time it takes longer. This is why I'm jealous of you tent growers and people with just a few plants. You can Taylor feed each plant but when you got 30+ in bloom constantly and 2 are separate feeding schedules four weeks apart Taylor feeding each one would take way too long.

Since people rename methods that have been around awhile. Main lining becoming fluxing is one example.

So I'd like to rename this method.
How about extra special leaf removal technique version 2.1

I've always lollied my plants. I'll take a pic of a few tonight that look like big green lollipops

:biglaugh: :rofl:
Ya you already used the term I knew, "sucker leaves". Why did we call them that? Because you're a sucker if you leave them. :blalol: LOL another variant is they 'suck' energy from the buds. We removed the 'suckers' when we 'lollipopped' the plants.
Suddenly I have the feeling DP is older than I first thought. You must be closer to my age I suspect. :Namaste:

For those that are learning all this stuff for the first time... One reason reason we remove them is, if we don't, the plant will naturally drop most of them anyway. If you leave them, it's a prime habitat for disease to come take hold on your ladies. :winkyface:

You gotta clean up the understory when you grow indoors.

So I feel that in my personal experience I've seen increase in potency due to stress from feeding. I was going over this topic today with 36Gr0w I have noticed that a more heavy feeding schedule can at times promote a higher potency I've seen it in test results.

I personally think if your what I'd consider a micro grower alot of my techniques may not help. I feel like you sue that I'm an artisan grower. Actually up here I'm fairly small I'd call myself as others probably would a high end boutique grower. I specialize in high potency high yielding plants.
One thing I've always chuckled about on here is people think your sacrificing quality and potency when going for heavy yield and that is utter bs. I think all of us on here that are dedicated can grow hp plus plants with high cbd or thc which ever is your liking.

But to be more specific sue I'll list what I feel helps by category.

Heavy yield.
1. Watts, more watts and some more
2. Large pots for bigger root structure and development
3. Heavy boosting product organic or synthetic
4.super cropping
5.topping
6. Heavy training (defoilation,lbt,main lining,fim)
7. Extended veg 6+ weeks upwards of 12
8. Letting plants dry out before watering in veg and grow to max potential in each pot almost root bound.
9.C02
10. Properly controlled environment (ac,fans,dehumidifier)
Not in most important order on these

High potency.
Now this will be confrontational I'm sure

1. Trial and error. ( see what each strain likes nutes, full organic, heavy nutes as well as conditions like temp and humidity)
2. Testing ( document each trial if tests are available)
3. A journal keep track of reviews by friends or dispensaries and document above results
4. Cull out poor genetics. If it tests low more than 3 times and your goal is high cbd or thc and it isn't hitting your set mark sh@t can it
5. A proven microscope yes the 10$ 30x scope is a good start but get a good scope to know when ripe.
6. Genetics. Some Strains are designed for either a high cbd or thc ratio. Aa well as other combos.

Over time I've noticed that even an under fed or over fed plant can have high results so that doesn't seem to be a huge factor but is one though due to genetics so I'd say #1 is genetics. I seek them out as you all have seen.

:bravo:

Was gonna say something, but the smiley says enough. :)

Suckers can lower yield for sure.

Just been growing since I was 16 so a long time almost half my life off and on. So when I learned in the 90's that's what they were referred to so I always have.

Hiker is spot on we are to some extent trying to create an optimal environment and in nature the weaker leaves will fall to the weigh side. In our controlled environments harsh conditions seldom arise so we need to simulate that process to create a more producing plant.

So here's a pic of it naturally taking last of nitrogen so plant is starting to lose lower leaves at week 6 almost. Those will be removed

20150309_015908.jpg

You're jealous of my/our small tent/grows... I'm jealous of your huge yields/quality. Sum bitch, ain't that a mofo.

;)

Great info, thanks to all for contributing

I'm hoping medical sticks here. I'll still be forced into rec but would love to just have a tent inside and our production facilities outside.

I was gonna post asking for help. It was too funny I walked in on my worker breaking it down for washing and had to take a pic. So sorry looking.

I'll be dropping off a washed and unwashed test today.

Be very interested to see the results. What else do they test for, and do you think washing matters, or would?

Thanx for that

They test for foreign matter. Thc Cbd Cbg Moisture and terpenes profiles

I think some trichomes are lost but not much.

I'm also testing my lemon kush (budzilla) oil, platinum girl scout cookies, and ultra grapefruit

Well when I can't sleep I come hot tub and that ends up with more genetics ordered. Sigh ......

Well I ordered u pink kush and LA affie from the single seed centre

Back
Top Bottom