My Grow Journal: White Widow, Strawberry Cough, Northern Light

If you're going to put up the HID lighting now, go with MH for the veg phase. Your seedlings are still pretty small, so keep them moist and raise that MH bulb up pretty high at first. Keep it up high until your first couple sets of real leaves are well established. And no fertilizer for the first few weeks.

These are all just my own noob opinions, so you may get lots of others with different opinions.

If you're going to put up the HID lighting now, go with MH for the veg phase. Your seedlings are still pretty small, so keep them moist and raise that MH bulb up pretty high at first. Keep it up high until your first couple sets of real leaves are well established. And no fertilizer for the first few weeks.

These are all just my own noob opinions, so you may get lots of others with different opinions.

Hello MotaFina,
I'll use MH bulb for the veg phase and i got it today,
I should use HPS bulb for the bloom pahse right??
And I understood about "no fertilizer for the first few weeks."
I'll put pure water until 2 weeks,
Thank you for your advice,

I will try various things,and search at online,

Hello MotaFina,
I'll use MH bulb for the veg phase and i got it today,
I should use HPS bulb for the bloom pahse right??
And I understood about "no fertilizer for the first few weeks."
I'll put pure water until 2 weeks,
Thank you for your advice,

I will try various things,and search at online,

Yep, if you have the capability to go to HPS for flowering, then I believe that's what most folks would do. You can do MH throughout the whole grow, or try a mixture of both in flowering. But typically you'll want the light spectrum you get from HPS in bloom.

In my case, I have a second ballast for my HPS bulb - a 1000w ballast and bulb. I'm using 400w MH in veg. I also supplement around the edges with CFLs throughout both veg and bloom, just to get better light penetration.

They might be a little small for transplanting.

I repotted a couple at that size two weeks ago. There weren't enough roots to keep the soil in place. It all sort of fell apart. They survived, but I wish I would have waited for more roots before transplanting.

Hard call, but I'd let them grow 3-4 more days before transplant.

Back
Top Bottom