My Grow Journal: White Widow, Strawberry Cough, Northern Light

I have consultation.
I have experience only in ordinary cultivation.
Like this

No TOPPING, No Bending, No FIMing, Just Grow.

However, I want to try various things this time.
Goal is many yield in a short time.
I am also looking it up on the web, but please lend your wisdom.

first,I am planning topping in 2weeks later.
and try bending.

Please look over me with kind eyes. :adore:

The larger plants will be ready to top very soon, most common time is after 5 sets of nodes have grown. And definitely try bending (LST) too. It's great that you are willing to experiment, that way you can see what techniques fit your style of growing. Remember, you don't have to top/LST all of them. Even just one or two will give you a comparison to what you are used to and gain valuable experience without risking your entire crop.

I want to try various things this time.
Goal is many yield in a short time.

I think for the quickest grow, you can just let it grow like you did in the past. But there are options to increase yield. It will make the veg time longer, but it's probably worth it in the long run. You'll see lots of training techniques from just bending and tucking without topping, all the way to mainlining, which combines LST and HST. But the more training, topping and trimming you do, the longer you should expect to stay in veg if you want a high yield.

What I'm doing now is topping once above the fourth node, then letting the branches grow out. I tie them down a little to promote horizontal growth. Then I top a second time once the branches have about 4 nodes. Then I just try to maintain a somewhat even canopy going into flower. I want big plants, so I expect my veg period to be 8 weeks, maybe more.

I'm only on my third grow since the old days, so I'm just trying to figure all this out too. In the old days I did sea of green (SOG) grows. I'd have about 15-20 plants all in 3-gal containers and I wouldn't top them. That works out well too, especially if you have a mother plant to get clones off. But that was back in Cali, where you were allowed 99 plants in a medical grow. Where I'm at now, I'm only allowed two 'mature' plants.

Hi there,

About 1 month elapsed today.
I feel a bit slow for that.
Probably, the first lighting was bad.
anyway, Plants are surely growing big.

and these are new kids.
Pre-99 BigBud(fem) from NIRVANA SEEDS

I'll try Hydroponic culture these plants.

see you next time!!

Hello:p

Today, I made the Hydroponics system myself.
Like this
I chose a simple plastic toolbox & Net pot 3inch.

Make a hole and put a pot.
It works:D

I planted two Pre-99 BigBud.

Grow room is like this.

And Transplanting three NL.
I think good condition.

Thats it Today.

Thanks a lot for watching:thanks:
see you next time:goodluck:

Can I cut big leaves???

Some folks defoliate early like you're suggesting, but It's my opinion that cutting the big fan leaves at this stage will just slow things down.

Have you topped them? They look big enough to top. Topping will slow down growth too, but will produce more tops.

Some folks defoliate early like you're suggesting, but It's my opinion that cutting the big fan leaves at this stage will just slow things down.

Have you topped them? They look big enough to top. Topping will slow down growth too, but will produce more tops.

Ohh I see:eek:
Okay,If it is not necessary I dont cut big fan leaves.

and I didnt cut any topps.
I want to grow up just a little more:oops:

Im studying by your past jounals :D
you helps me a lot,thank you:ciao:

These look great bud! I may try a regular grow after my auto finishes. Keep updating your pics!
Thank you for coming:p

I would like to update every day if possible.
Is it too much???

Yes, you can clone a top, but the cutting should have a few sets of nodes.
Thank you for helps me.I'll try that:D

To much water on that rockwool in the dwc setup how's she growing. I love what you are doing with it and nice choice on the toolbox. I'd suggest zipties on the net pot to the bucket lid once the plant says get heavy there is a possibility that the pots will fall through. I lived that one with my first grow years ago other then that looking great. And the soil plants look amazing keep it up :goodjob::goodjob:o_O

And UPDATE Todays...

The leaves have increased a lot.
so I smell good green scent:)

I am worried about SC and WW leaves are yellow.
Should I put more Nitrogen ??

What is this???

by the way,
I tried to dig a little bit of buried stem,
but I cant confirm that the roots were growing.
is there a problem?

I added one CFL Lamp,
I experiment to see how the difference comes out.

see you next time.
Thanks a lot:thanks:

Wow that's was an exciting read The grow room looks nice and clean. I really enjoy the fresh active charcoal you add. And all the plants look amazing. You haven't really talked much about those dwc plants what chemicals are you planed on using. How many gall Rez do u have there. Are you going to pump out and refill. Without cleaning or ? Do you have a good root bacteria to add All I grow is dwc never used dirt if there's is any questions or concerns you may have ask away

Back
Top Bottom