My new grow space

got it. How would silica gel work?

Boveda’s 2-way humidity control continually responds to ambient conditions by adding or removing moisture to affect the enclosed environment and deliver the pre-determined RH (relative humidity) level printed on the pack.

Silica would just draw moisture out.
I have been using them for years and the only time I had any problems was when I tried to re hydrate a pack. They say it can be done but I'm not going to try it again, cost me a large jar of WW.

GR

Boveda’s 2-way humidity control continually responds to ambient conditions by adding or removing moisture to affect the enclosed environment and deliver the pre-determined RH (relative humidity) level printed on the pack.

Silica would just draw moisture out.
I have been using them for years and the only time I had any problems was when I tried to re hydrate a pack. They say it can be done but I'm not going to try it again, cost me a large jar of WW.

GR
My buds are now bone dry. Due mostly to the warm weather. They hung in a tent with a fan circulating air,and 2 fans extracting air/smell. I did not use in-take fan as it would add to the heat. Is there still a chance to cure my buds as they are now dry?

My buds are now bone dry. Due mostly to the warm weather. They hung in a tent with a fan circulating air,and 2 fans extracting air/smell. I did not use in-take fan as it would add to the heat. Is there still a chance to cure my buds as they are now dry?
I've had some pretty crispy buds in the past that seemed to cure up nice anyhow. I just jarred em up and let sit for 2 days without burping. Whatever moisture is left seems to equalize through all the buds . It's definitely not a ringer... I've dried some past the point of saving as well. But, occasionally, my buds will feel really dry & brittle, but they're hiding some moisture in there still.

I have a Buddy in NM that sends me bud from CO and it is always dry. I put it in jars with the 62% packs and in a few days they are pliable and fresh feeling.

I'm a firm believer in the Bovedas. Maybe I haven't correctly cured using them but they're killer for maintaining the levels of RH that you're looking for. Maybe someone else can jump in who doesn't use them.......I'd hate to give advice and have your bud go too dry or moldy. I just tend to burp my jars for 5 minutes a day for the 1st 30 days of jarring.
Yeah I like boveda 58% my go to spot ✊

Yeah only want the slightest gentle breeze on those girls when drying slow is key im finding and keeping those trichromes intact .

I've had some pretty crispy buds in the past that seemed to cure up nice anyhow. I just jarred em up and let sit for 2 days without burping. Whatever moisture is left seems to equalize through all the buds . It's definitely not a ringer... I've dried some past the point of saving as well. But, occasionally, my buds will feel really dry & brittle, but they're hiding some moisture in there still.
thx bro

You can rehydrate using higher humidity air. I've also heard of people suspending an apple slice in a closed jar will rehydrate them some.

We did that back in the 60's to help hydrate and improve taste of nasty Mexican weed. LOL

You can rehydrate using higher humidity air. I've also heard of people suspending an apple slice in a closed jar will rehydrate them some.
Or orange peel skin too now I think of it

Back
Top Bottom