My vary small grow op

glassbowls

i am useing a hollowed out computer tower. i am useing soil.

ok here is all the info. am useing tinfoil in the inside of the computer tower. i know that tinfoil is not the best kind of reflection. i do not think that it will create hot spots on my plant becouse i am only useing a 75 wat CFL. the plant will have to be flowered at like 4 inches. the computer tower is only like 17 inches tall. i will be useing a series of smaller containers into a biger containers. i will try to get an 150 wat CFL for flowering i was going to buy one when i went to buy all the stuff i had to buy but my mom talked me out of it so i bout a pack of 2 75 wat CFL's i might just get another lamp and use the other 75 wat i have that would equal out right. i also how "Miracle-Grow" "Tomato Plant and other vegtables plant food" i cant figure the NPK value it does not realy say. i think that i want to grow my plant to like 8 or 9 inches and take on cutting off it. the rooting hormone i have is "TakeRoot" well that is all ask some thing if i did leave anything out i kind of tryed to poast this like 5 times before the site would actualy let me. well any way
TTFN

Peace glassbowls

I would mount 4 lamps in there and run 100w CFL's. Light those bitches up, because 150w isn't a whole lot of light. Are you going straight into flower? I am just confused because I feel like a computer case would be too small for a plant, maybe not though. I hope you are posting pics of all this, I would love to see the set up.

Yeah you would definitely have to go pretty much straight into flowering in that small of an area. Give the seedling a week of veg and then kick it into flowering 12/12. That's my recommendation atleast.

comp box is pretty small but i say do it all the way, because the xp youl gain from this small grow will help you on your next.

brett2themax said:
I would mount 4 lamps in there and run 100w CFL's. Light those bitches up, because 150w isn't a whole lot of light. Are you going straight into flower? I am just confused because I feel like a computer case would be too small for a plant, maybe not though. I hope you are posting pics of all this, I would love to see the set up.
in that small a space it's plenty... 50w approx per sq ft... but the thing is... unless you're really skilled, you WILL overgrow that box... use that box only for starting... you could keep a plant in there for maybe a month, and it will be too big...while it's starting in there go hunt for a box... don't need anything TOO big... mine is 18.5" wide x15.5"long x26.5"tall... and let me tell you... only 1 plant will fit in there... well trained plants do stay small, but it takes a lot of work... shortest plant took up 15" for height... 7 of which were the container it was in... but the plant took up the entire length and width of the box eventually... 152w CFL veg, 168w CFL 70w HPS flowering... which leads me to believe that you'll outgrow that box very quickly... but i'm not saying it's impossible... but highly improbable...

well thanks for the replys i am trying to germinate a seed but it is not working. the seed is between 3 or 4 wet paper towels so how long do you think it will take. i might be able to poast pics but i will need directions. so what do you all think about the cloning thing i have the room for a clone. after the clone takes roots i will put it in with the other plant that will have been in flowering for like 2 or 3 weeks.

Peace
glassbowls

I've seen computer case grows before on Overgrow and I've personally seen one done. You can safely get away with around 100 watts of CFL [ not the incandescent equivelant, the actual used wattage ]. If you LST [ Low Stress Train; that means frequently bending and gently twisting the stem when the plant(s) are young, maybe keep a light breeze on them from a 12v computer fan ]. You could also try topping it, or maybe even try to FIM instead of top [ if it doesn't work out, it'll just be an ordinary top anyway ]. From there you'd be wise to integrate the LST bending with the new bushing that'll occur after the topping/FIM; possibly train the plant from when it's young to grow more horizontally and tie the branches as it produces them. With these methods, and in less than a month's time, I have a plant that's six inches tall and has seven tops, each at the same height and recieving even light. Nice looking bush, more-than-a-pencil thick stem --- I'll have to post pictures in another thread.

how much do you think you'll get from that plant

bcflwk131.jpg

that was one week into flowering... 16 visible tops... not even 6" tall... and you don't have to space them out like that... if you train the branches closer, you could probably fit that much in a comp box... but let me tell you it WONT be easy and you won't get as much bud, since the tops won't get as much light... but yes i estimate if you do everything right, i'd say you'll get up to a half oz...

yeah right. 3 weeks into veg that computer tower is going to get blown the fuck up. dude. my recommendation is. hold off until u have at least enough space for one plant. 17 inchs. well just to put it straight, when u throw that plant into flower. its gonna blow up at least 3 times it size. always put that into consideration.

p.s. snuggle, wat the fuck. did u run that bitch on 24hour lighting regimen? that lil bitch is compact as fuck! good job i like it, i have a feeling that one of my plants is gonna do that. already 5 nodes and it aint even 10inchs tall.

i still think i can do it in a computer tower. but if it does not make it i will just start prep for my outdoor grow they will be started inside like 4 to6 weeks before may 28 becouse that is the last frost date in maine that is were i live. i am going to have like 10 to 30 plants outdoors in the woods i have already picked a spot in the woods to grow them and no one goes there i takes me 15 to 30 min to walk there so it should be fine i plane to get a coupple pounds that should hold me and my friends off till the next years crop.

dankcloset said:
p.s. snuggle, wat the fuck. did u run that bitch on 24hour lighting regimen? that lil bitch is compact as fuck! good job i like it, i have a feeling that one of my plants is gonna do that. already 5 nodes and it aint even 10inchs tall.

24 hrs for 9 weeks... about 100-150w of CFL for vegging (started with less lights, then got more)... then 12/12 with 152w of CFL and 70w HPS... 5.5" at the start of flowering, and finished at 9.5-10"... I topped at... the 5th or 6th node i think... the first 4 nodes were less than 1/8" apart...so i let it get another few nodes before I topped it... if you don't want to top it, you can tie the top down... that would probably be ideal for you, cuz you can just make an arch of tops with the pot on one side of the box, and the top eventually trained to the other side... you may actually want to try and tie a pole an inch above the soil horizontally, and you can just tie the plant to the pole every inch or so... it'd be a lot easier than tying and retying and so on...

ok so there are some people that do not think that i will suceed but i will and you will just see. told you i am only going to veg for a week at 24 hours of light. than i will train ontill the end of budding. i will not get much like 2 or 3 grams but all the experience i get will help me on my first outdoor grow this spring. there will be a grow journal on that. oh and why arnt there any ourdoor grow guides like from start to finish. well there will be soon so TTFN

Peace GlassBowls

i think you can pull it off... just remember... you can start training as soon as you'd like... but good luck anyways!! have fun!

I suggest tying some string from one end to the other of the case making a grid and starting a SCROG, I think that would be the best way to pull this one off being such a short space. I wouldnt take clones either, one good plant could fill up the bottom of the case and you could get a fair ammount of tops with that grow technique. What you do is train the plant to be growing through the string side ways so all the joints will produce a node where the bud will grow on, its a great way to go in small spaces i.e the computer case.

scrog is a good idea... but the thing is... scrog works better for clones... training works better for seedlings... try training first... it's better experience...

ok i am pissed off right now becouse i just spent close to a half an houre typing to you people and it did not go through. well i am over it and i have really good news.

the seed cracked smetime between 1 and 2 days ago :cheesygrinsmiley: i put the seed with the root pointing down under like a centameter of soil i think it will sprout through the soil in like a day or 2. i ahve a new idea. i was thinking i could veg the plant for like a month and when a month is over i will take all the clones i can off of the plant. after one of the clones starts to grow new groth i will put it into the computer tower on an 12/12 cycle to find out what sex all of my clones are. and if i prey enough and hope that it is a lil girl then when it shows sex and it is a girll than i will know all of my clones ar girls right. i think that is how it goes. well i forgot to tell all of you that i have a 4 foot 2 bulb floro in my closet and that is were all of the clones are going to be.

i have another question. do you think it would be a good idea to put the seedling into flowering to show the sex than bring it back to 24 hour veg then clone if it is a girl if it is not than i could start new seed and hop that that one is a girl. i am not sure that i am explaining this really clear enough but i hop you all can understand what i am asking.

Peace Glassbowls:bong: :joint: :bongrip: :joint:

Back
Top Bottom