BigSlim's First Grow Nothing Fancy Yet - 2010

Nice bud from a good Bud, Slim. :bong:
Those hooded CFLs are neatly deployed. Learn what you need to know, with them.
Don't lose your shoplight, soon you'll want to maintain moms and cut/root clones.
My 'nursery' has just two four-footers w/ four high CRI tubes, 128w total over 8 sq ft.
I like white light, as do my girls.

thanks blue yea i plan to get a few more once i get paid and that box is big enough i can put a second power strip in there jus gotta move the one over a bit

PG it was nice had a very fruity smell and taste and hit ya like a ton of bricks def not somethin to smoke if you have a busy day lol

as for the shop light it will be awhile b4 i have the room to do mothers and clones and my girls love the cfl so much more lol im not tossin the light jus getin outa this closet lol

took a few more pics today

12-2-1.jpg

12-2-2.jpg

she still shootin out sets of 3
12-2-3.jpg

and the runt lol
12-2-4.jpg

my plan is to start flowering next weekend as i get paid next thursday i can buy my timer and a couple more lights for em

thanks staffy yea i look forward to it aswell

i think i will make another light box to cover the oldest plant as she is already wider than that reflector which im pretty sure is a 10" lol

ok quick update and a few pics

so the miracle grow fert was a bad idea after i used it i baegan getin cal/mag def in both plants on a couple leaves so i flushed and got some of that osmocote plus i been readin bout and the problem appears to be fixed these ladies are getin big now i will begin flowering this weekend once ive bought my timer

now for the pics

first the oldest she has spread big as the box i built for the light lol
12-8-5.jpg

12-8-4.jpg

now for my short bush lol
12-8-1.jpg

12-8-3.jpg

12-8-2.jpg

u can jus barely see in the last pic the def i had

Hey BigSlim how's it going? My first grow was MG too and I had terrible cal/mag problems, but I also was using the wrong stuff to ph down, had all kinds of crap going wrong.

Are you checking your ph? I think you'll be real happy with soil and oc+, all you have to do is water ph'd around 6.8.

I think your plants look great, is the big girl actually growing into the light?

Don't know if you're familiar with supercropping but it works great, it's a fancy name for breaking the stem and it looks like it would work great for you.

All I do is break the stem, a good 8 inches at least from the top. I don't mean bend it, I mean break it so the part after the break falls over. It's kind of like chopping a tree, aim the break so it ends up in a good spot away from other branches if you can. Within a day or so it will have turned back to the light and started growing again. It will buy you some space.

I've probably done it 20 times and never lost a branch, it works really well. The biggest problem is making sure you break it enough, if you don't in about 3 days it will look like you didn't do anything.

Here's a pic of the break when I supercropped the bagseed 5 days ago

IMAG0815.jpg

I took this next pic yesterday. The horizontal stem is the main cola that I broke... and you can see it curves back upwards to form the bud in the pic.

IMAG0843.jpg

It's a nice tool to have in the arsenal when you're trying to keep them short.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom