My vary small grow op

I don't know anything about micro-growing, but i have done a lot of reading and everywhere i read, it says that THE OLDER (MORE MATURE) the plant is, the better the buds will be, and that means u gotta wait, AT LEAST, till the plant is mature to get good buds, and u say u might get a 1/2 ounce if done right? psshhh, bro, my plants are 7 weeks old, just starting to flower! and i will get like 1-3 ounces, and my plants are like 20-25 inches big already, u only have 17 in. of space? not only will u have small buds, but the thc content will be whack, cuz the plant is way too young!... and u should have started like 3 seedlings at least to give a little insurance that u'll get a female, cuz starting ONLY ONE, and putting it straight to flower? the chances of getting a female out of only ONE plant is pretty slim.... i have 4 going at once all 3 are 7 weeks old, and 1 is like 9 weeks old, so far I have one female, and the other 3 i can't tell yet, but they have been put on 12/12 light, and chances are i might get 1 more female, but maybe not...
this is a link to MY GROW THREAD ---->Mee Bery First Grow, (seriously):headbanger: :bongrip:

flowerd at that size and didnt show till it was 6 inches or taller. the calyx may be there but its hard to see with out a microscope of some type but on a female calyx it will just be a little football shaped thing comming right off the stem the male calyx will have a sort of little stem purtruding from the stem and the actual male calyz will be on the end of it. but you can guarentee you have a female when you see a pistol. anybody know any thing about pruning a plant this small?

ok this is how i got the plant to show sex really earily and i know some of you are not going to like my methods but i dont care becouse it seemed to work. i herd some were like a wile ago that if you wanted to get your plants to show there sex faster all you have to do (and what i did) is turn the lights back to 8/16. after 3 days of this i see little hares at every internode. if you think that i can not grow this small that dont read this thread. i have to say i am lilttle offended. i know what i am doing. i read for like 1 and 1/2 years before actualy trying to grow and i know alot about micro growing. i did not say that i could get 1/2 to 1 ounce i said that some one on here said that if i did it right i could. sory for the misunderstanding. i am a first time grower and really do not want to have to read negative peoples poast saying i can not do it becouse i know that i can and with the help of halpful people on here that i will susseced. but plz do not give me any more negative reports you all are suposed to help me not try to hinder me right??!!!

Peace Glassbowls

Yeah, this isn't a competition to see who can grow the best. I personally wouldn't use a setup like his, but can't we just let him do his thing? I'm glad he is growing it this way, because that just means we all get to see the process and end result when cannabis is grown this way. It can only help to further our knowledge of growing this wonderful plant.

ok i am sory for blowing up at you all but i have been having a bad day. i know that is not a good reason. i dont know if it is hairs i did not say that what i saw was hairs if you rember of if you even read the thread. ok that was hars to but i think i had to say it like i said i did not say that i was seeing hairs i said i was seeing green wihispys things i thought might be hairs but i was not sure becouse it was green instead of white. i hope i cleared everything becouse i dont want to make rivals on this site i want friends not enamys.

Peace Glassbowls

as far as i know these little whispies show in pairs and are a good sign that your plant has entered the preflower stage if they are well formed you may be able to look super close for a calyx if its extended by a little bit of stem, then chances are its a male if the calyx is just stuck right to the stem with no type of extension then thats a female, ive not seen this with my plants cause i can only tell when the pistols apear but those little things arent anything important but i think that they signal your plant is maturing and begining to be ready to flower.

glassbowls said:
ok this is how i got the plant to show sex really earily and i know some of you are not going to like my methods but i dont care becouse it seemed to work. i herd some were like a wile ago that if you wanted to get your plants to show there sex faster all you have to do (and what i did) is turn the lights back to 8/16. after 3 days of this i see little hares at every internode. if you think that i can not grow this small that dont read this thread. i have to say i am lilttle offended. i know what i am doing. i read for like 1 and 1/2 years before actualy trying to grow and i know alot about micro growing. i did not say that i could get 1/2 to 1 ounce i said that some one on here said that if i did it right i could. sory for the misunderstanding. i am a first time grower and really do not want to have to read negative peoples poast saying i can not do it becouse i know that i can and with the help of halpful people on here that i will susseced. but plz do not give me any more negative reports you all are suposed to help me not try to hinder me right??!!!

Peace Glassbowls

We are trying to help you, but you keep doing things that puts stress on your plant, and TAKING THEM OUT OF FLOWERING BY PUTTING THEM BACK ON 18/6 IS THEE MOST STRESS u can put on the plant

hear hear glassbowls! i know what you are saying about the "negative comments" thing. i was getting them on mine with people telling me that since i didnt have all the things yet and since its a closet grow and all this that i shouldnt have done it. psh. wtf mate? thats shit. youre right; this is NOT a competition and if it was i would lose. im prolly gonna have a small and not quite as beautiful plant but im still gonna show it with pride. its my first grow! and so this is yours! dont care what people say. you are creating something and you have something to show for it. i cant say for sure that your plant is showing sex though without pics. plants will show fake calyxi. its not really fake but they appear at the same place and they are green, not white. its juss part of where the leaves meet the branch. that was crude terminology but i dont know what else to say. that would be freakin awesome to see your plant show female calyxi this early! like i said earlier (and i HAVE been reading your thread everyday) that its not gonna yield a whole lot. its mostly for experience for your summer outdoor grow, right? i know that you were growing a computer tower but after i saw the pics i was like "man, thats so core" i have never seen anything like that. anyway. i wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on how everything is going. doing great on the grow, BTW. take care.

oooooo!!! man! did i juss catch that or what?! after your tried flowering did you put it on 18/6 lighting? nope! aint gonna work. lets put it like this...more light = males. when its time for dark you wanna give it all the dark that it needs without depriving it of light. thats why its split in the middle, 12/12. if you are trying to flower it then you wanna give it all the time in the dark that it can get. and when its time for dark, you need to make sure that it is completely dark for the plant or you will end up with a male or a hermi. dont worry about tryin to make it grow, the flowering stage is when it SHOOTS up because of more dark time. plants grow quickest when its dark thats why when people flower with 12/12 lighting the plants get at least twice to three times as tall. hope this helps. oh, and im not tryin to be negative, i juss wanna keep ya from making a mistake. with only one plant you dont have a margin of error for a male. take care, man.

no i did not go into veg again i am still in 8 hour flowering ontill it shows sex than it will be put into normal 12/12 flowering. i said that i know the reason that is shows the sex is the number of dark hours and more is better right now but like i said the 8 hour think is only till i see the white hairs hopefully i checked today and the green hairs are longer but not white i am not going to say that my plant is a fem ontill i see white hairs all over the little one. prey for a lil girl.

Peace Glassbowls

What ur seeing is just plant growth, if I offended you I am sorry, Guess I am a little pesimistic, I did a micro gro once and well it ended up out side of the box but I know a lot more now.I still think Teg and snuggles would be you r best imformants but I will throw my 2 cents in everynow and then and try to just answer questions. The 8/16 light period will not be productive for your type of grow. You want to stunt it and go straight 12/12 to help keep the size down.As soon as the plant is mature enough in 2 to 4 weeks it will show sex and you will nolonger have to guess. This is the reason most people do microgros with clones because although the plant is small it is fully mature and has a establish sex. Since you started from seed, the earliest a seed grown plant will show sex is a 4 week process. Hope this info helps and I promise not to be negative again. I also have bad days dude. But I will try to keep a eye on this journal.

Hate to disagree with everone, but I think he's doing fine. The 8/16 light, although a little stressfull, will help speed up the process of determining the sex and then you switch it back to 12/12 and your plants grow fine. Maybe I'm not seeing what everyone is concerned about.

i believe he's talking about 8 hours of light, 16 hours of light... correct?

8 hours of dark and 16 hours of light, snuggle. personally i wouldnt try it being as this is my first grow and i dont wanna try anything risky but i wanna see how this turns out. its interesting to see somebody try something like this. i juss thought that the maturing period in which the plant decides to be a certain sex is influenced by the amount of dark hours that it experiences. that is why i said to go to 12/12 lighting to give it more of a chance of being a female. he is only growing one plant and it would suck for it to be a male. ive been watching this grow and im anxious to see how it turns out. take care glassbowls. im behind you all the way, man. :adore:

haha. i know, right?

LMAO!!! i mean 8 hours light, 16 hours dark... that's what i believe he's doing... not more light than dark... more dark than light... to SPEED UP the maturation rate...

Back
Top Bottom