J4s2u0's 2nd Grow - PC Growbox and CFL's

Hey there Van:)
Well when I was ordering the nutes from ebay I dident do much reading about them,I was just guessing it was good to use in flowering just from the name big bloom,I also read that its organic and wont realy burn ur plants,so it would be a good way for a beginer to get started...idk
Now that I read everything I have I would have defently bought the tiger bloom first,or that 3 pack Iv seen looks awesome also...
The description on the back of the bottle also sounded perfect,somthing about it promotes more flowers,thicker roots,taste better,more blooms ect...
All this sounded awesome,it not a full flower nute but Im glad I bought it,
Maybe I can order the tiger or somthing by the next grow:):blunt:

Cool, guaranteed you'll be stoked with the results if you get some TB on 'em next time. The way two part (macro and micro) bloom formulas work, as it was explained to me, is that the macro is really to feed the plants, the micro is to feed the soil/root zone to increase nutrient uptake efficiency. I had great results with feeding macro (TB) in one watering, then the next give the micros (BB), then macro, micro, etc. with no plain water breaks in between so your plants never go without at least a little juice. Also, I add in blackstrap molasses with the micro feed to add more micros and simple carbs that help with nutrient uptake (carbs feed the symbiotic beneficial microbes which in turn assist with nutrient uptake into the roots).
Anyways, keep up the good work, love your little beauties!!
:peacetwo:

lol jus get a bigger pc haha

love the way they looked crossed like that good work bro

Hey there BigSlim,
I also like how there bent ect,what I dont like is that since there only 5-6 inches tall I cant realy bend them over more...I just tried and the stems are thick and short and dont wana bend,lol:)
I wish I never topped because then I could have just weaved both plants around to fill up the pc,buds would have been way bigger ect...
I just looked at the plants and the sativa looks perfect,all her fan leaves and everything are pointing straight toward the light but the other plant just looks like a mess,mostly because theres leaves coming out of everywehere and making it almost imposible to see the bud,but its getting thick on the indica:)

Hey J4 :ganjamon:

I think Van is right! I should have caught that. :smokin:

The idea about another box is a good one....anything to make it easier and more productive! :thumb:

Ya Van is defently right,lol...:)
I defently need to get some tiger bloom to add with my big bloom,kinda to late now though,and wont have money for a while...
Im almost thinking that with a way bigger container for the roots to grow,and not topping at all just lsting, I could get way more off the 1 bigger plant then 2 smaller ones...
So for the next grow I need to stop flowering so soon... and veg longer so they can get much bigger,and hopfuly produce much more tasty smoke:blunt::thumb:
Im defently not going to complain ect,both girls are packing on more weight "even if its just a little" haha:)
Im realy surprised by the sativa,she seems to always grab my attention...and say "look at me" ,,even though the indica's looking better that day,lol...
Both plants are almost the same shape wise,they both have 8 branches/budsites...that get bigger the higher up the plants u go,its just the sativa's leaves look perfect and all normal looking and the little indica is just a mess,leaf wise....

Question,
Iv read it is kinda bad to remove leaves,if there not dead ect...
But if only 3-4 buds are getting light,would it be worth it to trim back a couple leaves to make some light for the other branches?
Its the indica Im talking about because its get these weird leaves that seem to come from everwhere,and there blocking everything under them...
Thanks guys!:thumb::blunt:

Cool, guaranteed you'll be stoked with the results if you get some TB on 'em next time. The way two part (macro and micro) bloom formulas work, as it was explained to me, is that the macro is really to feed the plants, the micro is to feed the soil/root zone to increase nutrient uptake efficiency. I had great results with feeding macro (TB) in one watering, then the next give the micros (BB), then macro, micro, etc. with no plain water breaks in between so your plants never go without at least a little juice. Also, I add in blackstrap molasses with the micro feed to add more micros and simple carbs that help with nutrient uptake (carbs feed the symbiotic beneficial microbes which in turn assist with nutrient uptake into the roots).
Anyways, keep up the good work, love your little beauties!!

Some how missed your reply Van! Lol...
Thanks for making all this talk about nutes a little easier on me,I guess I should have read more about it:)
I think the only nutes in the house is rose food,the numbers seem high,prolly to high,haha!
Ya so I need to order a couple more things for next grow,maybe by then Ill be out of the PC for the most part...and can grow a little bigger plants,
But every grow I do I seem to learn more and more so Im happy,I mean I would grow just for the experience ect but getting nuggets the end makes it all worth it....:tokin::thumb:

In general I wouldn't ever do anything like that (removing leaves or any other manipulation/manicuring) after their first 2 weeks of 12/12. During that first two weeks is the time to train them to the size/shape you want, generally only removing the understory that doest look like its gonna get much light, then its best to let them do their thing and trust they know what they are doing, and most importantly, they want exactly what you do and thats to produce the most flower material as possible. A large plant left to grow without ever being trimmed/pruned will gradually kinda de-prioritize (yellow and die) all the understory that isn't getting enough light, not the other way around. Thats because they can produce more flower material by prioritizing the upper larger bud sites and their leave sets. Just my longer than expected stoney rambling 2 cents worth...lol! :tokin:

Some how missed your reply Van! Lol...
Thanks for making all this talk about nutes a little easier on me,I guess I should have read more about it:)
I think the only nutes in the house is rose food,the numbers seem high,prolly to high,haha!
Ya so I need to order a couple more things for next grow,maybe by then Ill be out of the PC for the most part...and can grow a little bigger plants,
But every grow I do I seem to learn more and more so Im happy,I mean I would grow just for the experience ect but getting nuggets the end makes it all worth it....:tokin::thumb:

No worries, its the least I can do to show my appreciation for you always coming by my grow with such good vibes!
Personally I would definately hold off on the rose food and wait until I could invest in the TB quart from the start (a little goes a really long way too, well worth the $). Even with the space you have you could do the straight to flower (no veg) LST like you said, and just fill the space a bit more horizontally. I hear ya on the 'would just grow for the experience' thing, I think thats a big key in doing good and progressing with each grow...good on ya brother!!
Aloha

No worries, its the least I can do to show my appreciation for you always coming by my grow with such good vibes!
Personally I would definately hold off on the rose food and wait until I could invest in the TB quart from the start (a little goes a really long way too, well worth the $). Even with the space you have you could do the straight to flower (no veg) LST like you said, and just fill the space a bit more horizontally. I hear ya on the 'would just grow for the experience' thing, I think thats a big key in doing good and progressing with each grow...good on ya brother!!
Aloha

Thanks for the comments and info Van:thumb:
Ya I wasent going to use the rose food ect,I think its old and prolly would have killed what Iv already got going on,lol...
Im thinking about actualy buying some soil for the next gro,haha!
Iv been using this old soil mixxed with a couple different potting soils,seems to work alright but I think its some fox farms soil next,that will feed them for the first month anyways from what I hear:blunt:
Then I can just use the big bloom/tiger bloom after that,but thats the future...right now we will see what happens to these pretty little ladys,haha
Thanks again Van!:thumb::peacetwo:

lol my soil is random potting soil from flower boxes outside my moms it seems to be good soil

To funny,thats where I got all my soil,and we also had a 1/2 bag of soil left,no idea what it was though...but the plants seem to like it:)

So just got done looking over the plants again,all their branches are starting to slowly grow and flower toward the lights...
They look awesome today so Im guessing there only going to get better,
Most of the buds are growing close to the stem but theres a couple that are much taller and almost look like little plants themselves,kinda cool...
The top buds on each plant are around 2" long,some maybe little longer...
I just bent them down a little more "lst"...now there closer to the soil and more spread out under the light,this way I can also get all the tops under the lights,and not just a couple...
Either way today is like day 41-42 days flowering,I can just imagine them in another 20-30 days,Im guessing and hoping for 10+ grams dry...
Will post an update on or around the 45th day of flowering:):grinjoint::bong:

we put a couple of clones in the bud room to sex them to see what was what, (this was a couple yrs back) and pulled the male, forgetting the little female clone....somehow she got pushed behind a bigger pot....this was about the time the hubby took over the bud room for me...anyway, she got lost in the transition....he kept asking me about the little plant, and i kept saying to do what he wants...so he kept it alive, and i went on about my business....so he keeps telling me about this little bud, and im thinking, we have no plant that small...so finally, i hike over, and find he has her mounted on a bunch of buckets to the right height, under the light, and lo and behold it was the little clone....she was a doll....one foot long bud growing out of a beer cup....i laughed til i cried thinking what an idiot i was, so smug and all, and how tender and sweet he was...."the little plant that could"....he got to harvest her, and smoke her all by himself...he was so proud, as i was of him...anyway, give them what they need and theyll try to grow...one of our dumb happy little grow stories....hugs, L

we put a couple of clones in the bud room to sex them to see what was what, (this was a couple yrs back) and pulled the male, forgetting the little female clone....somehow she got pushed behind a bigger pot....this was about the time the hubby took over the bud room for me...anyway, she got lost in the transition....he kept asking me about the little plant, and i kept saying to do what he wants...so he kept it alive, and i went on about my business....so he keeps telling me about this little bud, and im thinking, we have no plant that small...so finally, i hike over, and find he has her mounted on a bunch of buckets to the right height, under the light, and lo and behold it was the little clone....she was a doll....one foot long bud growing out of a beer cup....i laughed til i cried thinking what an idiot i was, so smug and all, and how tender and sweet he was...."the little plant that could"....he got to harvest her, and smoke her all by himself...he was so proud, as i was of him...anyway, give them what they need and theyll try to grow...one of our dumb happy little grow stories....hugs, L

Hey there lavender!
Cool story:)
Thats pretty cool u forget a little plant somewhere and the next thing u know its got bud all over it,realy cool:blunt:
And in a party cup?! Thats awesome!
And this was a plant that was hiding in back of all the other bigger plants,not getting the light ect it should? Sweet:)

Well as small as these girls are,they sure are pretty:)
They have atleast another 20 days if not more but I love these little girls,there so cute now and fillling with bud,haha...:blunt:

Thanks guys,the last pics dont do the ladys justice any more,lol...
After laying them down and about as low as I can,the branches are starting to finaly bud and flower ect...prolly wont be much on the branches cuz these plants are so little haha:)
Im guessing if the were standing tall and not bent over they would be under7-8" tall,lol...
But either way there flowering more and more,just staying small for the most part!
Ill put pics up when I get a chance:):blunt:

01/09/11,
Ok so just looked at the girls,and wow are they looking nice:):tokin:
Today they are 52 days old from seed,and 42 days flowering and I must say I may have been wrong all along,lol...
I said the plants seem to be going slow before,but I just started looking them both all over real good,the sativa looks about the same just bigger buds ect...
But the damn mostly indica looking purple stemed beauty is going crazy!
I found out after bending a couple leaves that her hole top was covered with more tops,
So I know ur not sopose to cut leaves ect off during flower,or anything for that matter,but I just got done reading about exposing buds to light,or removing just the leaves that block most of the flowering tops,well I did just that...
After I cut my 2nd little leaf I relized the hole top is covered with buds growing on buds ect,there was 3 tops 3-4 days ago...now after removing some leaves there is like 7-8 tops just on the top,and then theres the bottom ect...and this top is getting to be a ball like last time,but this ones much improved!
I would say I might have almost the weight on this little girl now,then the last grow where I harvested 4 grams ect...and this ones only on day 42 flowering,the last one went 62-63 days and still dident look done...
So after a little trimming,all the tops look happy...I left most of the leaves,just removed leaves that were over bud sites ect...
I know everyone says not to cut leaves during flowering, but I have a good feeling about these girls now:)
I will update tomarrow morning with pics ect...

Everyone does not say to not remove fan leaves during flower, and I've looked at a lot of excellent grows where they were removed. If it's blocking a bud site or looks sickly, get rid of it. But stop after that... you shouldn't be seeing much new fan leaf growth from here on out.

Everyone does not say to not remove fan leaves during flower, and I've looked at a lot of excellent grows where they were removed. If it's blocking a bud site or looks sickly, get rid of it. But stop after that... you shouldn't be seeing much new fan leaf growth from here on out.

I know what u mean Blue!
I was just saying alot of people say not to cut and leaves off during flower unless there sick or dieing ect...
Im glad I figured this out though cause now the plants are going to get much more light on the buds!
There are a couple of small branches coming from the bottom of each plant,these look a little different because instead of growing a bud ect,there growing up toward the light,looks like these branches might be promising:)
Kinda looks like these branches might produce a couple extra grams,we will see...will update Monday morning,:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom