My vary small grow op

parttimestoner said:
8 hours of dark and 16 hours of light, snuggle. personally i wouldnt try it being as this is my first grow and i dont wanna try anything risky but i wanna see how this turns out. its interesting to see somebody try something like this. i juss thought that the maturing period in which the plant decides to be a certain sex is influenced by the amount of dark hours that it experiences. that is why i said to go to 12/12 lighting to give it more of a chance of being a female. he is only growing one plant and it would suck for it to be a male. ive been watching this grow and im anxious to see how it turns out. take care glassbowls. im behind you all the way, man. :adore:
but going to 16 light/ 8 dark would still not make it more likely to be male... the photoperiod doesn't affect sex like that... it's just when the dark period is frequently polluted with light, or when light periods are too irregular that a female plant may turn male... I tried experimenting, but you can't stress a male to herm... but the genetics in the seed are ALREADY either male, or female... you just can't tell until it flowers... you can't turn a female male or a male female... just doesn't work that way...

thats juss all i read. i wasnt tryin to sound like you were wrong. im juss doing my first grow. i juss know what i read.

yes i am still on the 8/16 lighting there is no sigh yet i think this is day 5 or 6 of preflowering. how long do you all think this is going to take.? thank you for the help all....

Peace Glassbowls

Ps the therd set of leafs are still comming in..

the wait time can vary....
and since the plant you're flowering is very young it might take a little longer... showing sex can take anywhere from a 3or4 days to 2 weeks!
so patience is virtue in your situation

i think i know what i am going to do and i know that it is not the best way to do this but ok i will just tell you. the 3rd set of leafs are comming in and some side growth (varry little). once it shows sex and if it is a lil girl i will put it back into 24/0 and veg ontill the top is big enough to get a clone. i will root this clown and veg it with the mom the clone and the clones mom will be veged ontill i can take more clones and this will happen ontill about 2 or 3 weeks befor i am going to put them out side for the summer grow. the area i will be putting the clones in is a 4 foot long cabnet with a 4 foot floro fixture with 2 20 wat lights in it not cool white all i have is regular shop lamps.

Peace Glassbowls

listen to Urdedpal!!!

you guys were right i put the mom "hopefuly" back into veg yesterday. i know that you are not suposed to mess with the lighting much that is why i am going to flower the first clone that i get off of her or i hope it is a her. what do you guys think. how many clones do youall think i will have at the end of may if i use the first 2 or 3 clones as mothers to? i want as many as possably i have ontill like the middle of june to keep cloning i hope i can get a lot. do youall think this idea is going to work?

Peace Glassbowls

here is by baby soking up some rays getting a nice greener tan.

Picture0172.jpg

Picture0163.jpg

do youall like my babby?/????

Peace Glassbowls

i think i will show another pic tomorrow. you all should see the growth i just an 1/2 of a day under the sun. the plant poped those small leafs that were comming in the first pic right up and now ther is like more comming in.

Peace Glassbowls

Ps will poast pics tomorow

well i have a question. for my outdoor grow it is going to be a gurilla grow i have been scounting for spots and i find some ok places but i was thinking about it today and i passed some poasted property the other day while scouting do you think that privet property is a good place for a crop of course i will be spacing them out. i was just thinking that it would be less of a chance that i would get cout becouse not to many people go on privit property???
i will be back mondy to read the poast the weekend i will not have acces to the computer so i will be able to post on monday.

peace Glassbowls

well the plant had some hard times it got root bound now it is in a gallon container maby 1/2 foot tall i want to top it but i want to take a long enough top to use it as a clone. so i will be wating an other week maby. what do you people think?

Peace Glassbowls

Well I have figured out, that u cannot spell... so you're just a kid.. FOR SURE....
and as for your quesitons? Why would u grow a plant on land that isn't yours? Too many BAD things can happen to it, stick to indoor unless it's in the privacy of your own property, then go outdoor... why would you plant somewhere, where anyting can get to your plant? COPS, ANIMALS, BUGS, diseases, other people... etc. It's not, too smart
And as for your little project: U can't get a clone out of topping it... The clones on the plant are the "branches" that grow in between the fan leaf branch and the stem... but your plant is WAY too young... u gotta wait longer... cuz those branches that grow are actually individual plants growing out of the main plant and can sprout roots, but you have to know how to pick them... but in your case... you CANNOT do this.. your plant is too young to clone... PEACE

i really do not like that you are calling me a kid i can not spell even when i was in school they just put me aside and told me to do my best well my best was not really enough for passing grades so i dorped out. i am thinking about going to school again but i might not.

back to the plant the only reason i thought that you could take a clone from a top was becouse i read that you could sorry for being wrong on a couple things do you all still want pic or do you all hate me or something.

Peace Glassbowls

nah, no one hates you, you just gotta use a little common sense

P.S. we need pics!!! we love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i will be putting pics out on the site with in the next few days she is really branching out and is bernt i think

Peace Glassbowls

glassbowls said:
well i will be putting pics out on the site with in the next few days she is really branching out and is bernt i think

Peace Glassbowls

ok man.. I am gonna give it to you straight... see rule of thumb goes: there is a better chance of getting a female, if you give the plant the least possible stress! KEEP IT HAPPY ALL THE TIME!!! Stress is caused by the following things:
1.) transplanting: u should only transplant ONCE!!! to a bigger pot, but not multiple times!
2.) lighting: u gotta trick the plant into thinking the light u give, is the sun, so this means, that the time of dark and light have to be the same everyday, just like the sun goes up in the am and down in the pm, u have to be as consistent as the sun, which is why TIMERS work GREAT!!! (12/12) or (18/6) etc.
3.) Overwatering & Underwatering: water like 2 times a week, and NOT A LOT of water, it's good to let the soil dry up a little, cuz this causes the roots to grow in search for water
but. almost every update u give... u give bad news about the plant... and SINCE IN YOUR CASE, ur only growing One!!! and it's being put thru all kinds of stress, so chances of a female are pretty slim at this point:peace: :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom