Mysterious As Batman - First Time Grower

The stand is done, glued, painted.
IMG_20170604_154737379.jpg

Tent is up. Had to drill 4x4 tray for drain. Using ebb and flow fittings. I'm not flooding, just want to be able to water and catch runoff but also control it. I placed a valve between the catch bin and plant tray.
IMG_20170604_183257736.jpg
IMG_20170604_183242777.jpg
IMG_20170604_184453360.jpg

Not sure the rules of testing pH and ppm from residual feeding water...can you reapply it to your plants, or is it unnecessary?
Transplant of equipment and plants from 8 inch pots to 3" root bags and from 4x4 tent to 4x8 tent... Catch up tomorrow.

Snarly, I am grateful for the compliment. I figure, to do something and make it suit my way of thinking and simplifying subtle things to help reduce tedious tasks...I am all in. Thank you for all of your help along the way.
That's what it's all about, Ink. Sharing ideas, and helping each other along the way. And you have some pretty good ideas. You got my wheels turning ;)
:high-five:

Good day everyone.
It has been a busy couple days. I had a lot of work to do, to make the tents condition usable for this grow and my future endeavors. I messed up and got preoccupied with transplanting from 8 inch pots to 3 gallon root pots, mixing nutes and staging equipment, I forgot to take pics of the root mass in the, or should I say after removal from the 8 inch plastic pots, prior to be relocated to their new home, fabric 3 gallon root pots.
The roots released from the pots with ease. They were very healthy and filled the 8 inch pots (without being root bound). They were 6 weeks old to the day. So now I know that healthy plants and well cared for plants will be nice to me during transplant.
I set up a folding table and we remover the plants (12 of them) one at a time and used Fox Farm soil.
I mixed Humboldt micro, grow, and bloom... according to the Humboldt feed chart. I use tap water but it's pretty good quality. I guess you would say typical quality. I survived the daunting task of filling a one gallon jug, over and over to mix the nutes. I think it's time to invest in a 5 gallon jug with a spout. Each plant was given 1/2 gallon of water with nutes added and pH to 6.3
The down side is, I only had 10 fabric pots...12 plants... dilemma!!! We picked our favorites and gave them a cloth pot. The two we couldn't relocate inside we places out in the care of mother nature. Sad to see them go, but it was for the best. I kept one plant indoors that is amazing to look at. This plant has a split trunk, and very thick one at that. I will post pictures shortly. The top of this thing is so dense, I couldn't get rid of it...it may be my dark horse. Time will tell. Any ideas of some funky disease or genetic glitch that comes to mind, please let me know...thank you everyone for posting and sharing their grow journey...it has already improved my perception of farming.
IMG_20170604_223219627.jpg
IMG_20170604_223237777.jpg
IMG_20170604_223258317_HDR.jpg

I don't know if I should be worried...
I know that plants can get stressed from a transplant. My little ones, have a droopy look to them. I have always pH my water. Monitored the rh and kept air movement and the light at a decent distance. I'm hoping I didn't slam them to hard with the micro, grow, bloom. I used the suggested dose and each 3 gallon pot got 1/2 gallon. I'm not sure what's up. I know veg like nitrogen, and the Humboldt feed is considered a base but mixed at a great level for veg. I thought maybe, just maybe, they have wind burn. I adjusted the fan speed and instead of oscillating, I redirected it towards the wall, so no direct wind impact occurs. I'll post a recent pic and I will post there condition later this evening.
IMG_20170604_223237777.jpg
IMG_20170605_194604991.jpg

Any thoughts? Advice?
Thank you in advance.

Hey Ink! It may take a couple few days for them to acclimate to a new home... also, right after I water one of my girls always looks so sad! I used to panic, but by end of day she always perks back up. In regard to your worries with nutrient issues it would be easier to tell with normal lighting pics~ but all in all they look great, so I think you're doing well~ just know that you can correct issues easily in veg & don't panic! I've learned panicking does not help!

I don't know if I should be worried...
I know that plants can get stressed from a transplant. My little ones, have a droopy look to them. I have always pH my water. Monitored the rh and kept air movement and the light at a decent distance. I'm hoping I didn't slam them to hard with the micro, grow, bloom. I used the suggested dose and each 3 gallon pot got 1/2 gallon. I'm not sure what's up. I know veg like nitrogen, and the Humboldt feed is considered a base but mixed at a great level for veg. I thought maybe, just maybe, they have wind burn. I adjusted the fan speed and instead of oscillating, I redirected it towards the wall, so no direct wind impact occurs. I'll post a recent pic and I will post there condition later this evening.
Any thoughts? Advice?
Thank you in advance.
Don't know if this will help or not, but here's how I do it.
I never give more than half dose of nutes. I also use 3 gallon smart pots. I water about every 5 days or so, but I judge by the weight of the pots. They generally get about 5 liters each at watering (about 1.25 gallons) and I water til about 10-20% runoff. I also do water, water, feed. In other words, water, wait for approx. 5 days, water, wait for approx. 5 days, feed and water, wait for approx 5 days. :high-five:

Thank you Vespertine, being my first grow, it is a little startling. I've put so much time into them so far...hate to have to start over (without a harvest under my belt).
I will be taking pics with the lights on. I have such a routine, I feel like I'm bothering them, changing things up. I will definitely snap some good pics with white light. Thank you for everything and thank you for following.

Snarly, once again...helping save the day! My title for a journal is becoming quite fitting. I would like to add, I have began to realize, by listening and watching, I feel that the grow is becoming what I hoped for...a great experience...and a group effort. I like to watering/feeding you do. I didn't give them a ton to drink first time because the roots were still tight from the 8 inch pots. I will reduce the nutes on the next feed...half sounds good...they were used to seaweed extract...I feel they were spoiled with the filet mignon.

But a big thanks Snarly!!! Life's a garden...

Snarly, once again...helping save the day! My title for a journal is becoming quite fitting. I would like to add, I have began to realize, by listening and watching, I feel that the grow is becoming what I hoped for...a great experience...and a group effort. I like to watering/feeding you do. I didn't give them a ton to drink first time because the roots were still tight from the 8 inch pots. I will reduce the nutes on the next feed...half sounds good...they were used to seaweed extract...I feel they were spoiled with the filet mignon.

But a big thanks Snarly!!! Life's a garden...
That's the nice thing about this forum, learning from each other. :thumb:

I am home and have checked on the little lady's. I took some pics under regular white light. They have definitely improved. I moved the pots to different locations and raised my light, 1500w LED, as not to stress them anymore​ than necessary.
IMG_20170606_174301709.jpg
IMG_20170606_174253205.jpg
IMG_20170606_174511067.jpg
IMG_20170606_174538475.jpg

I definitely see improvement. Thank you Vespertine and Snarly. Set me at ease and gave me great tips. Now you can actually see their true colors Vespertine. I broke the lens on my camera at work, so I'm sorry the pics are so ehh with the cracks in them. I will keep you up to date.
Before I forget, I checked on the maidens this morning, I noticed my temp rose to 82°f in the dark...I know they produce high energy in the dark... because they are growing...energy=heat...the fan stays on, but it got me to thinking of a timed vent system for the dark hours (6)...I will be sure to let you all in on it when the time comes...should be a.simple design and inexpensive.

NO FRONT GROW YOUR OWN

Before I forget, I checked on the maidens this morning, I noticed my temp rose to 82°f in the dark...I know they produce high energy in the dark... because they are growing...energy=heat...the fan stays on, but it got me to thinking of a timed vent system for the dark hours (6)...I will be sure to let you all in on it when the time comes...should be a.simple design and inexpensive.
NO FRONT GROW YOUR OWN
I keep my exhaust going 24/7. Air exchange is an important element. For me, temp control is only a small part of what the exhaust system is for. :high-five:

Air exchange is a definite. Right now I only keep a few of the ports on the tent open. Don't worry, no light gets in when it's zero dark thirty. Since I'm growing in my basement (cement foundation) and it stays cool, but it can get a little musty, if I am to do what I want (my idea to replace stale air) is it going to be bad for the plants to experience/encounter basement odors. It at time smells like a basement. I keep the humidifier on to battle any rh issues. It is on a sensor timer. (InkBird humidity timer/sensor). I use it as a worry free assistant.
I treat the little growers better than I ever thought I would, and I don't even smoke!

Back
Top Bottom