N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Glad you figured it out. Now the rest will sort it self out. I use 4 lite milk jugs. I have 16 lined up and ready to go. Wife calls me a hoarder. Lol.
Yup lesson learned don't take people's word for things figure it out for yourself lol. The milk jugs aren't a bad idea I would have no problem coming up with 4 liter milk jugs my little one drinks a ton of milk she is gonna be 3 in a few months but won't give up the bottles. It's ok though that's how we get her to calm down when she is having a moment and let me say she has alot of moments lol.
Sorry to hear of your hot water troubles. Hopefully it’s getting fixed up today for you! Glad you checked everything and straightened out your MC ratio, I’m just starting to use it myself. It’s so weird to change from measuring out a ton of ingredients to just one. I think it was your explanation of how much easier it is that convinced me to go ahead and make the leap. Looking forward to having a (hopefully) easier time with watering.
The hot water tank is fixed the plumber just left! A little shocked by the price but it is what it is. Now that I know how much water I'm dealing with things should go more smoothly now. Luckily I have a couple of weeks to get the Gz rockin again after getting the feed figured out. I'm glad I could help you make the decision to switch the ease of use is what sold me and so far I'm liking it I'm sure you will do great with it Hh.

That's great news all around N4! A small setback not worth worrying about. I always said that Professor was good for something :)
Your right Mr. S at least I know now why I was getting deficiencies being under fed is better then being over fed. I have been going at 11g/8 liters on my watering last night based on the recommend 5.5g/4 liters.

Gz Update

Did a clean up of the bottom of the plants tonight. Just got rid of some of the smaller stuff that won't get much light and worked my way up the middle removing any thing that looked weak. The last couple of runs there was stuff that I should have removed because I ended up with some fluffy stuff that didn't develop that I never ended up even trimming and just tossed it. I'm trying to learn what to take and what to leave I watched a good video that Kyle Kushman put out about removing the growth nodes from the bottom to the top of the main branches his theory was that stuff gets lost after the stretch and the tops of the main branches at the end of veg become the bottom of the mains once the stretch is done and gets rid of any larf. I didn't end up doing that but was an interesting video none the less I considered posting it but it's like 30 mins long and wasn't sure anyone would be interested in watching a video that long.
Now that I got my feed figured out with the Gz I'm sure they will get on the right track before flower.

One of the Gz does have some weird twisted growth at the top of the plant it's the one plant that is a darker green then the rest of them so not sure what the deal is. I raised my light a couple of days ago because I thought it might be light stress but it hasn't changed anything. Might be from the under feeding but not sure tbh any thoughts?

Same plant from above

And the rest from above

A few shots of the plants after the lower clean up

And in case anyone was wondering what is in the background of the one above shot Mrs. N was in a decorating mood again it's her Halloween wreath

Hope everyone is enjoying their night.

Plants looking great. I’m not sure of the weird leaves on the one plant. When are you thinking about flipping.
Appreciate it Magic. I am waiting for the Os to finish flowering so I can put the Gz into my 4x4. I was planning on harvesting the Os on either the weekend of the 26th or the first weekend in November.

Two things come to mind for those leaves...insects and genetics. Take a good look at the undersides and see if anything is nesting underneath. Some bugs cocoon on the undersides of leaves and cause them to twist and curl. Others nibble on the leaves just as they are coming out, so when they get to be full-sized they look deformed.
I will take a closer look. I know there is thrips on those plants but haven't noticed any other bug activity. Those leaves started to look like that about a 2 weeks ago after I did a little more lst. The only other thing I changed was swapping the led for the cmh so I'm kinda :hmmmm:

I haven't seen light damage look like that, nor thrips for that matter. Something else maybe? Or genetics. Is it only on the top of the plant?
Ya pretty much just the tops of the plants. There is a bit of it below the tops but it's not nearly as effected. It's the top new growth and the set of leaves below it

Couple of pics of it
20191016_130240.jpg
20191016_130138.jpg
20191016_130128.jpg

It's only the top 6 inches that seems to have the issue. I looked under the leaves just now and don't see any signs of bugs.

Strange. It's almost like a set of reveg leaves. Maybe you can get some other opinions as well, because it doesn't look consistent enough to be genetic. Is the bottom of the pot wet? Overwatering can cause deformed leaves too.

See if raising the lights helps.

I can tell you what I would do if that was mine...I'd top it under the funky growth and see if the new growth did the same thing!

Strange. It's almost like a set of reveg leaves. Maybe you can get some other opinions as well, because it doesn't look consistent enough to be genetic. Is the bottom of the pot wet? Overwatering can cause deformed leaves too.

See if raising the lights helps.

I can tell you what I would do if that was mine...I'd top it under the funky growth and see if the new growth did the same thing!
I will say it does seem to take a long time for the pots to dry out. I could try topping a few of them and see what happens.

Make sure the pots are off the ground on something with good airflow (like those open mesh plant stands) and a fan down on the floor. That should help dry them evenly. Dutchman has some cool ones:
full

I do have something similar under the pots but don't have a fan in the bottom. I will add a fan and top a couple of the branches and see if it corrects itself.

I added a fan to the bottom of the tent and topped 3 of the branches.
20191016_141407.jpg
20191016_141511.jpg

Ok gotta get some stuff done around the house before Mrs. N gets home apparently chatting with you guys and messing with the plants dosen't count lol.

Back
Top Bottom