N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Day after the defoilation everyone seems to be doing ok. I gave them all a drink tonight of plain ph water. I like to do 2 feeds and then a plain water thought out the grow to keeps the salts under control. With these I have had good success with not getting any tip burn like I did in my 2 previous grows It could be because these girls can handle the food better.

I have always been back and forth on the defoilation about the rewards vs the stress it might cause. This defoil has been the most I have done to date I think it will work out positively for me this time as I was down watering the plants I was admiring how much light was getting to the lowers and dreaming of big beautiful buds :laugh::ganjamon:

I was wondering if I should reduce my feed after the defoil my ppm was 1120 at my last feed which is just under full strength. What do you guys do?

Day after the defoilation everyone seems to be doing ok. I gave them all a drink tonight of plain ph water. I like to do 2 feeds and then a plain water thought out the grow to keeps the salts under control. With these I have had good success with not getting any tip burn like I did in my 2 previous grows It could be because these girls can handle the food better.

I have always been back and forth on the defoilation about the rewards vs the stress it might cause. This defoil has been the most I have done to date I think it will work out positively for me this time as I was down watering the plants I was admiring how much light was getting to the lowers and dreaming of big beautiful buds :laugh::ganjamon:

I was wondering if I should reduce my feed after the defoil my ppm was 1120 at my last feed which is just under full strength. What do you guys do?
That was a nice and sensible defol. Just leave it at that for now and see how they respond. They should barely slow up at all. Regarding the nutrients after a defol personally I don't usually reduce them. You could drop it back to a 1000ppm for a few days and just observe them. They're still looking great N420!

That was a nice and sensible defol. Just leave it at that for now and see how they respond. They should barely slow up at all. Regarding the nutrients after a defol personally I don't usually reduce them. You could drop it back to a 1000ppm for a few days and just observe them. They're still looking great N420!

Thanks for the advice prof I will try a reduced feed next time and see how it goes

I have a decision to make maybe you guys can help me out

I took some clones of Os about a month ago they rooted in about 3 weeks. I ended up with 8 out of the 10 cuttings I took turn into successful clones they don't look the greatest but I'm just happy they rooted as it was my second try at clones and the first did not go well
20190706_125001.jpg
20190706_124950.jpg
20190706_124943.jpg

I have been putting them outside during the day because I don't have a light available for them right now. The problem is I noticed thrips on them 2 days ago and don't really want to bring them into my tents as am worried about getting thrips in my tent's and not being able to get rid of them

My other option is starting new seeds it would be either Barney's Peyote Critical
Characteristics
BREEDER/BRANDBarney's Farm Seeds
GENETICSPeyote Purple x Critical Kush
VARIETYMostly Indica
FLOWERING TYPEPhotoperiod
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENTHigh
YIELDIndoors: 650 gr/m2; Outdoors: 1000 gr/plant
PLANT HEIGHTIndoors: 100 - 130 cm; Outdoors: 140 - 180 cm.
GROWSIndoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME55 - 60 days
HARVEST MONTH2nd half of October
MEDICINAL PROPERTIESYes
TASTE / FLAVOUREarthy, Sweet
EFFECTLong-lasting, Powerful, Relaxing

Or Gorilla Zkittlez

Characteristics
BREEDER/BRANDBarney's Farm Seeds
GENETICSGorilla Glue #4 x Zkittlez
VARIETYMostly Indica
FLOWERING TYPEPhotoperiod
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT24%
YIELDIndoors: 500 - 700 gr/m2; Outdoors: up to 2500 gr/plant.
PLANT HEIGHT140 - 170 cm.
GROWSGreenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME56 - 63 days
HARVEST MONTHfirst half October
MEDICINAL PROPERTIESYes
TASTE / FLAVOURFruity
EFFECTPowerful, Relaxing

I already have the seeds from an order 3 months ago so I could drop them any time.

What do you think any opinions would be appreciated

Quick update

Getting the snips and the dry rack ready these ladies are getting the chop in 3 days. Had a look with my scope tonight 10-15 % Amber's smells great in there.
20190710_200855.jpg

The blue cookies is starting to open up a little from the weight of the buds. They are not big but quite dense and super frosty I think it will be my favorite smoke.
20190710_200806.jpg

The white banner grew some nice big buds with very few leaves will be a treat to trim even the lower stuff is of a decent size. lots of orange hairs on her, Its been fox tailing I have the light zip tied to the top of the tent to get it as high as I can but even that was to close
20190710_200700.jpg

Os tent

We are at the first day of week 4 almost half way it has flown by everyone has there leaves up and seem to be loving life. Had a close look when I defoiled and tonight and thankfully no sigh of thrips seeing them on the clones has made me a little paranoid just going to keep a watchful eye on things.
20190710_200210.jpg

Some nice stacking
20190710_200333.jpg
20190710_200307.jpg

Of course my over head bucket shots :laugh:
20190710_200450.jpg

Right side
20190710_200431.jpg

Left side

Attachments

• 20190710_200307.jpg
    20190710_200307.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 110
Loving my Barney's Farm Orange Sherbet. Only 15 days from topping the surface today, but she is pretty.

P.S. Looking great here. Thank you for sharing.

Nice looking ladies you have in there.

Idk why it took me so long to stop by. I’ll be cruising by more often if you don’t mind. Keep up the good work.
:thumb:
Thanks Mechanic I appreciate you stopping by more updates to come

Thanks for stopping by. I have checked through your journal nice looking plants and your reason for growing is very inspiring.

I have loved the Orange Sherbert my favorite strain to date really vigorous grower in veg with that classic indica structure

They are still doing great N! You're going to be in for a treat come harvest day. My fingers are still sticky from yesterday lol
Thanks prof! I'm happy with how things are going so far starting to see the first couple of hairs going Orange:yummy:

I bet you are still sticky from your trim the os looks real good with some nice size nugs

Os clone update

They are starting to get some new growth which is exciting, I kinda underestimated how long it would take to see some new growth since this is my first successful clone attempt 3 weeks to get roots and a couple of more weeks for them to start growing again.

I'm still dealing with thrips on them they seem to be only effecting 2 of them at this point. I sprayed all the plants last night with Doktor Doom plant spray as recommend by the grow shop it's a contact spray and was told to repeat spraying every 2 to 3 days. I also learned that thrips lay their eggs in the soil and then the young one come out of the soil and onto the plants , the grow shop recommend using nematodes a beneficial microscopic worm that eats the larvae in the soil but they are quite pricey. I may try diatomaceous earth as a cheaper option. What do you guys think is the best approach to get rid of these thrips?

Few pics of the clones you can see thrip damage on a few of the leaves
20190714_082059.jpg
20190714_082041.jpg
20190714_082034.jpg
20190714_082024.jpg
20190714_082012.jpg
20190714_082003.jpg

With all that being said I decided not to risk bringing them into my indoor garden but will leave them outside for the summer and see what they can do

So instead of the clones for my next run I asked my wife what strain she would like for me to grow next. I grow for her primarily she uses marijuana to help with her insomnia and to deal with arthritis. Her choices were peyote critical and Gorilla Zkittlez....

And she chose
20190714_082239.jpg

Will be dropping these into a cup of water in a day or 2

Quick update this morning before I head to work.
I dropped 4 Gorilla Zkittlez seeds in a cup of water last night, when I got up this morning they had sunk to the bottom of the cup. If they are anything like the Os seeds they will have taproots when I get home today
20190717_063752.jpg

Back
Top Bottom