Need assistance please

@Emilya and @Roy Growin will this work for my P needs? I'm going to grab either bananas or a potassium substitute for my K needs.

IMG_20220809_100453608.jpg

IMG_20220809_100401702.jpg
yes, but go very lightly. This is a supplement, not a main course.

yes, but go very lightly. This is a supplement, not a main course.
Says tablespoon for 2 gallons... So teaspoon for 1 Give or take? And should I stop dress it or scratch it into the upper soil?

And do you have a fermented banana peel recipe or a link to your favorite recipe?

Says tablespoon for 2 gallons... So teaspoon for 1 Give or take? And should I stop dress it or scratch it into the upper soil?

And do you have a fermented banana peel recipe or a link to your favorite recipe?
You could dissolve some wood ash into your water/top dress, it's a good source of K

Put 3 banana peels into a quart jar. Add unchlorinated water. Seal and wait 21 days. The resulting fermentation should smell like a banana liqueur, because that is essentially what it is.

Top dress and water it in... you don't want to mess with the upper spreader roots right under the surface. A teaspoon sounds about right.

You could dissolve some wood ash into your water/top dress, it's a good source of K
And wood ash I can create... Thank you.... Prolly a silly question but is there a type of wood that produces more K than another when turned to ash?
Put 3 banana peels into a quart jar. Add unchlorinated water. Seal and wait 21 days. The resulting fermentation should smell like a banana liqueur, because that is essentially what it is.

Top dress and water it in... you don't want to mess with the upper spreader roots right under the surface. A teaspoon sounds about right.
Ok so I need an immediate potassium supplement I'll head to local gardening store after work......21 days is to long for needing it now lol but I'll get on it for my other one that just starting flowering.

And wood ash I can create... Thank you.... Prolly a silly question but is there a type of wood that produces more K than another when turned to ash?

Ok so I need an immediate potassium supplement I'll head to local gardening store after work......21 days is to long for needing it now lol but I'll get on it for my other one that just starting flowering.
The small amount that you need may be able to be supplied just with the water soluble part of the banana peels. Boil 3 banana peels for 30 minutes and then after cooling it down, apply that to your plants. It could possibly be enough K to get you over the hump.

The small amount that you need may be able to be supplied just with the water soluble part of the banana peels. Boil 3 banana peels for 30 minutes and then after cooling it down, apply that to your plants. It could possibly be enough K to get you over the hump.
Will do this either tonight or tomorrow.....all depends on my weight when I arrive home and check.

Ok sorry one more quick question until I can get a top amendment for potassium, Or make the fermented banana peel concoction.... Would a bit of coffee grounds help with the potassium problem?

I've read before that it can raise acidity in soil but if used in small amounts can be a generous source of phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and copper.

Ok sorry one more quick question until I can get a top amendment for potassium, Or make the fermented banana peel concoction.... Would a bit of coffee grounds help with the potassium problem?

I've read before that it can raise acidity in soil but if used in small amounts can be a generous source of phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and copper.
unused coffee grounds can easily kill your plants. USED coffee grounds are a great source of early nitrogen, but there are not enough of the other trace chemicals to amount to much.

unused coffee grounds can easily kill your plants. USED coffee grounds are a great source of early nitrogen, but there are not enough of the other trace chemicals to amount to much.
Hey so can I run another one by you? I don't have bananas at the house currently... But I do have sweet potatos.

Could I boil one or two for a similar "tea" like the bananas?

They are fairly even in the nutrient amounts.

Screenshot_20220809-141233.png

Screenshot_20220809-141144.png

Hey so can I run another one by you? I don't have bananas at the house currently... But I do have sweet potatos.

Could I boil one or two for a similar "tea" like the bananas?

They are fairly even in the nutrient amounts.

Screenshot_20220809-141233.png

Screenshot_20220809-141144.png
You act like this is a huge crisis that has to be solved this minute. It is not. Take a breath, send someone out for bananas in the next day or two and you will be fine.

You act like this is a huge crisis that has to be solved this minute. It is not. Take a breath, send someone out for bananas in the next day or two and you will be fine.
Lol it's due to me trying to show you and anyone who helped that I am being diligent in my efforts to follow instructions per the advice Ive been given to fix what's going on .

Not not the end of the world but I like to address things as they arise.... I'm not big on putting anything off "til later"

But I will chill out... apply the bone meal (1- teaspoon) on top and water in.

Lol it's due to me trying to show you and anyone who helped that I am being diligent in my efforts to follow instructions per the advice Ive been given to fix what's going on .

Not not the end of the world but I like to address things as they arise.... I'm not big on putting anything off "til later"

But I will chill out... apply the bone meal (1- teaspoon) on top and water in.
I don't remember advising you that you had either a calcium or a phosphorus deficiency according to the damage seen on the leaves, only potassium. By applying the bone meal you are following the advice of everyone on this thread, trying I guess to be a diplomat, but I don't think that this is going to have any effect on your problem at all. Get the bananas asap... that is what you need.

Emilya and others have this well covered, but I'll add my 2 cents from the world of non-indoor. Indoor is like another planet to me :)

First, those leaves are so beautiful, right?! This late in flower, perhaps you don't even need to do anything, BUT... if it was me, I would be fertilizing in the water with ... well heck, I just did it today... a small amount of my high-N liquid fert, plus a good dose of DTE's solution grade postassium sulfate, some seabird guano (P), and some fulvic powder... in my water, 5 gal bucket, mix well with a stick... I do a little biodynamic/structured-water clockwise whirlpool for a while, then reverse to create lots of bubbles to oxygenate. I oxygenate again by pouring a dose into another bucket from a height.

I had 4 plants in the flower house this afternoon, and all were having some droop (hot day... above 80°)... I'd say within 5 min of this application, they were all happy. I'm gonna do a time lapse video next time!!

I'm starting to think the girls might be hungry for more than the recommended dose.... This has happened with this grow and last, that from middle to end of flowering the yellowing progression takes off.
I think I may have started with this similar issue. Not too bad but on a few of the lower leaves the green seems to be starting to lack and having curled tips too.

Back
Top Bottom