Need help! Holes in some leaves?

shaunr97

So there are some holes in few leafs on my plant. Not at the bottom though, not any I can’t see that is. But recently I’ve been seeing like jel/slim things on the leafs also?

It’s strange... at the very beginning I thought I saw a like a orange backed tiny insect at the bottom of the stalk but then I tried to grab it but it feel so I’ve kept a really close eye on bugs to begin with.

Maybe my light is too close? My temps are 27c 50% humidity so I don’t think it’s too hot for them?

What do you guys think.

Week 4 now , autos
CEAE31EA-9F0B-4C47-8A49-CF72F5F1C996.jpeg
A0841F5D-1271-48D9-B8CB-CCF3879A0B71.jpeg
702F76D4-4C8A-47D9-9660-4234579BC2EC.jpeg
4AAE399B-8BF4-4341-ADF6-2DE96DE18B9B.jpeg
DE36CAC3-CDA5-4A56-84D0-654BF94D1305.jpeg
A0841F5D-1271-48D9-B8CB-CCF3879A0B71.jpeg
702F76D4-4C8A-47D9-9660-4234579BC2EC.jpeg
4AAE399B-8BF4-4341-ADF6-2DE96DE18B9B.jpeg
DE36CAC3-CDA5-4A56-84D0-654BF94D1305.jpeg

Plagron light but I used some store bought for the small pot initially but I transplanted into plagron light mix and I saw a spider in there today I was like wtf I killed that lil bastard straight away and looked around I saw more holes on leafs there only little it’s crazy I see no insects!

Plagron light but I used some store bought for the small pot initially but I transplanted into plagron light mix and I saw a spider in there today I was like wtf I killed that lil bastard straight away and looked around I saw more holes on leafs there only little it’s crazy I see no insects!
Try to look thru a macro lens or get a jewelers loupe they’re inexpensive I paid $8 on amazon for a cool one. If not the use the zoom on your camera phone try some non burpee lighting to check though

I’ve came to conclusion it’s from stress and when I’ve been low stress training I’ve been rough with the leaves and pulled and yanked them so I think this has split them and with some deficiencies it’s caused the plants to stress and split

I’ve came to conclusion it’s from stress and when I’ve been low stress training I’ve been rough with the leaves and pulled and yanked them so I think this has split them and with some deficiencies it’s caused the plants to stress and split

I think you are spot on with this assessment. What's your ph like? I've been struggling trying to keep my ph consistent my entire grow and I saw this early on. I also did lots of bending and twisting, the combo meal was a bit too much for my girls at the time and it showed. They grew right through it though!

im growing hydroponically and i still get those holes too...
id like to know what t hey are sometime its almost like my plants are growing so fast the leafs split.. idk im having a issue of my own atm i posted my own tread
im having the exact same problem in my hydro, it. it hasnt cause any negaive effects so i just left it

ye i wouldn't worry too much, i was lts'ing and by mistake got duct tape stuck to 3 leaves that i had no choice but to rip and the plant still pooned.

Also something it could be is wind burn if you have too high of a fan on the leaves

same things here, heavy training and rustlingthrough leaves and holes and splits appear around the place, hasnt bothered me and doesnt seemto affect the plants either.hasnt worried me.

My plants get those too every once in a while. They don't hurt the plant really.
I notice it when the plants are rapidly growing. I don't do anything for it as it is usually just a leaf or two. My theory is that if the plant is growing quickly and If there is a weak spot in the cell walls, it would simply pull it apart. But that is my "theory". I'm going to try to find more info if I can, to put your mind at rest, and test my theory.

If it spreads throughout the plant....then worry. For now just enjoy your lovely plants. :love:

My plants get those too every once in a while. They don't hurt the plant really.
I notice it when the plants are rapidly growing. I don't do anything for it as it is usually just a leaf or two. My theory is that if the plant is growing quickly and If there is a weak spot in the cell walls, it would simply pull it apart. But that is my "theory". I'm going to try to find more info if I can, to put your mind at rest, and test my theory.

If it spreads throughout the plant....then worry. For now just enjoy your lovely plants. :love:

i believe you are correct, since we give the nutrients direct and its not just natural its like steroids. So intern as the plant rapidly grows the weaker cells split to protect the leaf from curling in on itself and not getting direct light. so fascinating! io grew as a child so fast i have stretch marks all over i had a thyroid problem and it produced hormones overactively so basically same thing is happening that happened to me haha.

Back
Top Bottom