New Crop King Seed Grow - White Widow - Purple Kush - Green Crack - Crown Royale

old school I have my grow tent in the only room in this old farm house that NO ONE ever goes into - it's an unfinished cold storage/root cellar - I had to buy extra heavy duty extension cord to run from new electric panel as the electricity in that particular room is not safe (IMHO)... wattage and all is well within what I'll be pulling... my problem though is that I'm looking at essentially what was dug out of the foundation (house is circa civil wars w/addition in and around 1920... I have no way of addressing dirt as that is what it is essentially... not sure when this was dug out.. is that going to be a problem for me - I've gone through and done what I could cleaning out webs and such... this is essentially unfinished... will I have issues and if so how can I stave them off? As it has stayed in the 40's (today it's 72 outside)... I decided two lighting systems MarsHydro 600 LED and a T5 set up should keep it warm enough for the girls... your help is greatly appreciated... wish I could dedicate basement to this, but this HAS to be completely stealthy..

Headman, WELCOME to 420 Magazine! :slide: I don't think OS will mind if I put my two cents worth in.
First the soil, if I understand you right, you were planning on going directly into what is there? If so you will probably not like the results. I would start with a good soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest, supplement it with worm castings (earth worms if you got em, it sounds like you might), bat guano and other supplements toward end of bloom cycle.
How are you planning on doing the walls, ceiling, and floor? Reflective or a bright white are your best bets.
How will you be controlling the airflow through the room? Measure it and figure square footage so you can get the airflow you need for that room.
Spiders aren't bad, but spider mites on the other hand are. Spiders eat spider mites:cheesygrinsmiley:
It sounds like you have already made a solid investment in lighting.
I hope this helped!
Good luck with your grow and welcome to 420 Magazine :yahoo:

Yea man..i mean they all look fine..seems to be working good..keep up the great work !!!!
Having a heat where I'm at, hopefully old school this week I can move my setups to a cooler place, I've been pumping silicone to them, as soon as I harvest I'm moving the setup, they still look happy,
1460918205980-1791231151.jpg
14609178524981515137660.jpg

Well your using a grow tent so thats ausome..your growing in buckets all assume.i use happy frog..my mix is in the start of my journal.. .you wont have any problem long as you control the temperature and humidty..i like 68 to 75 myself. No more than 60 % humidty...and good airflow into and out of the tent..get a fan larger than you need so you can control the heat in the tent by turning up the air speed controler up or down.i suggest a volcano fan a controler..5 yr warranty...mine has been running for a year straight..as for bugs. Your in a tent..no problem to control..so no i dont see a problem growing down there in my personal opinion ........................

[/QUOTE=headman;2870596]old school I have my grow tent in the only room in this old farm house that NO ONE ever goes into - it's an unfinished cold storage/root cellar - I had to buy extra heavy duty extension cord to run from new electric panel as the electricity in that particular room is not safe (IMHO)... wattage and all is well within what I'll be pulling... my problem though is that I'm looking at essentially what was dug out of the foundation (house is circa civil wars w/addition in and around 1920... I have no way of addressing dirt as that is what it is essentially... not sure when this was dug out.. is that going to be a problem for me - I've gone through and done what I could cleaning out webs and such... this is essentially unfinished... will I have issues and if so how can I stave them off? As it has stayed in the 40's (today it's 72 outside)... I decided two lighting systems MarsHydro 600 LED and a T5 set up should keep it warm enough for the girls... your help is greatly appreciated... wish I could dedicate basement to this, but this HAS to be completely stealthy..[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll be using a lot of your input. I do have another issue though. I mixed the soil (12 dry quart bag each of Happy Frog & Ocean Forest and 8 dry quart bags of Black Gold Organic and Perlite (forgot maker but it was listed as organic as well) and filled my 3 gallon smart pots and put them in the tent... initially the humidity/temperature reader read temp as being somewhere in the 40's (like 48F I want to say and the humidity in the house at 71% (which I was kind of shocked at... again 72F outside and blue skies and house is only at 64F)... I closed up the tent, and finally found a prior thread wherein you said to hang lights at 24" for a week and then 20" and when I went back down to set them... the humidity said 81%... here's my question... well it's kind of twofold... I wasn't hot down there.. it's 48F in there! Could this instrument be off? The temp was right on as the room has a separate thermometer for when it was used as a cold storage cellar. If I assume it is right... after I turn the lights on... how will I control the humidity and bring it down to 60% or thereabouts. I have a dehumidifier down there but it's at the other end of the basement and I don't turn that on till like June... should I start now, although the heater is still coming on? I won't be able to use it in the actual room as it'll be too much draw?

Hey headman you can put a lot on a 20 amp circuit, just use ohm's law to calculate amperage, on 20 amp breaker keep your total load around 75% , 15 amps, a lot of electrical equipment surges during start up. That why equipment uses capacitors for initial start up, also if there is a chance of getting wet always use arc fault breakers or GFCI's for safety because breakers don't always trip, I've welded 50 ft of #12 solid trying to trip a breaker, since your in an old house make sure your grounding is up to code, I don't know what area your in but you need to use 3 ground rods, drive them in a triangle pattern 6ft between each rod, 18ft total, sorry old school had to answer that is my specialty

Thats cool..im an electrician too..on a 20 i just keep it under 1500 watts and i never havea problem..hey headman if ur running wire dont get cheap and try to use 14 wire..i see so much of that..drives me nuts..
Hey headman you can put a lot on a 20 amp circuit, just use ohm's law to calculate amperage, on 20 amp breaker keep your total load around 75% , 15 amps, a lot of electrical equipment surges during start up. That why equipment uses capacitors for initial start up, also if there is a chance of getting wet always use arc fault breakers or GFCI's for safety because breakers don't always trip, I've welded 50 ft of #12 solid trying to trip a breaker, since your in an old house make sure your grounding is up to code, I don't know what area your in but you need to use 3 ground rods, drive them in a triangle pattern 6ft between each rod, 18ft total, sorry old school had to answer that is my specialty

I'm with ya old school, in a lot of places you can't use 14awg in residential, I would use 12/4 mc wire, just share a neutral and you have 2 circuits , plus the mc will protect wire from rats and other chewing pests. Your not suppose to share neutrals , they changed the code a few years back, but It was a common practice especially in commercial and industrial applications

I'm with ya old school, in a lot of places you can't use 14awg in residential, I would use 12/4 mc wire, just share a neutral and you have 2 circuits , plus the mc will protect wire from rats and other chewing pests. Your not suppose to share neutrals , they changed the code a few years back, but It was a common practice especially in commercial and industrial applications

Oh good... cord is 75' (I'm horrible w/lengths and bought more than I needed, but anyway its 12 gauge - not sure about MC but it's pretty heavy duty,.. I have a heavy duty power strip/surge protector going into it as well - not sure of cordage/gauge but feels same as other... needed just 2 extra places to plug equipment into after the timer hook-up. Thanks a million... this really has put my mind at ease now!!!! - Buckshot when the rest of the house was rewired I'm assuming the proper ground was used as recent electrician said he could see grounding wires (plus it had to pass inspection when it was finished)!

Hey everyone..heres an up date.watered this morning.big bloom only..start tiger bloom next watering for flowering..there stretching fast..one cr i had to tie down about 6 inches...was pushing 25 inches so i took 6in out of her...as u can see 5 hours later she turned up fast..also id like to show you the leds i got..there ausome..have 165 leds each bulb..there super bright..bought them in china...come in 2700 or 6500..and also..have a little mag deficancy on one purple kush..i will be spraying all the girls nightly with cal-mag till it clears up..thats it for tonite..be back on 420 !!!!PEACE EVERYONE..
20160418_100135.jpg
20160418_100126.jpg
20160418_101844.jpg
20160418_195209.jpg
20160418_195137.jpg
20160418_195000.jpg
20160418_195323.jpg
20160418_195445.jpg

Hey headman, mc cable or in some call it bx, but it has a flexible corrigated metal jacket for protection, it's basically conduit , old school my candy cane/purple kush hybrid got a few spots similar to those on last pic, I think mine was nute burn. I'm almost ashamed but I finally broke out my ph tester, I've had for over a year, I tested my water, distilled 4.2, added ff nutes, 10.6. I brought it down to 6.4. I just thought before I was good, but man I didn't think it would have jumped that high. Feel stupid for never checking it, especially after spending $300 for a meter. I've never seen a meter with that type of lock, they use the plastic wire locks here, after you cut it you just put another on, very cheap for amount of $ they charge

It's called protekt, it helps with high heat, plus it seems great for healthy stalks and branches, last summer my tent averaged 90+ for over a month, I was out of town working and my old lady turned ac off, she is pretty frugal. When I came home they were still healthy.
That just got added to my shopping list! :bong:

Amazing update old school! :thumb:Love your LED's! Were they expensive? Your girls look great, and I am sure you will have that Cal Mag problem cured quickly. :circle-of-love:

Hey everyone..heres an up date.watered this morning.big bloom only..start tiger bloom next watering for flowering..there stretching fast..one cr i had to tie down about 6 inches...was pushing 25 inches so i took 6in out of her...as u can see 5 hours later she turned up fast..also id like to show you the leds i got..there ausome..have 165 leds each bulb..there super bright..bought them in china...come in 2700 or 6500..and also..have a little mag deficancy on one purple kush..i will be spraying all the girls nightly with cal-mag till it clears up..thats it for tonite..be back on 420 !!!!PEACE EVERYONE..
20160418_100135.jpg
20160418_100126.jpg
20160418_101844.jpg
20160418_195209.jpg
20160418_195137.jpg
20160418_195000.jpg
20160418_195323.jpg
20160418_195445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom