New Flowerbox Test 1: Starting From Clones 4 x SD & 4 x GDP

Heya Jandre -

Have you done your bucket trick before? Does it work every time? Does it really only take 2-3 days or is it sometimes quicker or take longer? Interesting!

As this is the first time with GDP, I'm not sure how long it would have taken. I brought it back in today to put it back under the big lights just to see if the purple expresses. I've done it before with a couple of other Thai strains, three days in the cold with 3/4 light, then back under the big lights and it works about 85%. Keep in mind, it's only for aesthetics, it does very little in the way of potency. It does also make the flavor more "purple" even though it may not express the color. Gawd, I hope it works. They had started expressing the purple, but for some reason stopped. Now, I sit and bite my nails.

As this is the first time with GDP, I'm not sure how long it would have taken. I brought it back in today to put it back under the big lights just to see if the purple expresses. I've done it before with a couple of other Thai strains, three days in the cold with 3/4 light, then back under the big lights and it works about 85%. Keep in mind, it's only for aesthetics, it does very little in the way of potency. It does also make the flavor more "purple" even though it may not express the color. Gawd, I hope it works. They had started expressing the purple, but for some reason stopped. Now, I sit and bite my nails.

Thanks for the info.

I let the temps get down in the upper 50's a couple of nights late in my last grow to see if I could get my Lavender to turn more, but I gave up on it quick. Well, as soon as my wife said:

"Why the f*ck is it so damned cold in our basement these past few days... NOW what are you doing?!?!"

She's used to craziness when it comes to my hobby. I start organizing projects where I have my grow stuff spread everywhere, etc. The most recent thing, was:

Q "Why is our other bathroom locked?"

A. "It's where the Jack the Ripper male is living, honey... DUUUUH!"

Good luck with the bucket list, er project Jandre. I'll keep my fingers crossed, as I want to see them purple up for you (I know how you love purps!!)

Thanks for the info.

I let the temps get down in the upper 50's a couple of nights late in my last grow to see if I could get my Lavender to turn more, but I gave up on it quick. Well, as soon as my wife said:

"Why the f*ck is it so damned cold in our basement these past few days... NOW what are you doing?!?!"

She's used to craziness when it comes to my hobby. I start organizing projects where I have my grow stuff spread everywhere, etc. The most recent thing, was:

Q "Why is our other bathroom locked?"

A. "It's where the Jack the Ripper male is living, honey... DUUUUH!"

Good luck with the bucket list, er project Jandre. I'll keep my fingers crossed, as I want to see them purple up for you (I know how you love purps!!)

LOL!! I had to promise not to take over all of the little spare space we have. And we only have one Bath, so I couldn't seal that one off. But I hear you on the wanting the whole house to grow with. And yes, the purps are . . . . shall we say. . . . a PASSION of mine?

The GPD has passed its 60 day mark now, so every day past that makes me nervous. I looked 3 times today for hermies, none yet, but we're waiting to see. I might let the little one go to hermie just to get some fem GDP seeds for later, and have a go at a GDP mother again. I'm thinking that from seed, protected from the world she may not show PM, so I dunno.

This is the hardest part.... waiting... watching... wanting that "perfect" time to come is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow. Will check in again later to see how they're doing. No trich pics today. Will give more on chop. GFB is done, Thing2 is starting to foxtail, so she's done... just waiting on the GDP for now.

I'm glad you asked that. Test 2 has already begun. Click the link to see that one. Second Test Run - FLOWER STARTED 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM

I moved Momma GDP into the flower box on the other side of this box in anticipation of the conclusion of test one. This next test will be to see how well the box flowers larger plants using the ScrOG method. I have already concluded that temp and humidity are stable and within acceptable limits, with all lights on their cycle, and doors closed for three days to let the inside environment stabilize. That information will be recorded on the main box thread, as well as the observed results at the conclusion of this test. Click here to keep up-to-date on gathered data, results, observations, in-depth conclusions of each concurrent test. The DIY Build - Testing - updated 03-11-2012

I am tempted, with the positive outcome of this test to stop testing this box, but I know there are many more variables that must be accounted for before deciding on the style of grow for which this box is best suited. I have my own theories, but as I am after the data, I must continue on with the given path to either prove or disprove my theories.

Thank you very much for your interest. I hope you enjoy the testing and eventual outcome of each. If at any time you feel that a test is straying from the given parameters, please alert me at your earliest chance so I may correct it as expediently as possible.

Much love brother, for stopping by, I'm sorry that things have slowed down as far as my reaching out within the community. My interest seems to be held and I am enraptured by the possibility of micropropagation. I am searching out the best recipe for the culture as each medium must be specifically tailored to each floral variety. Hormones and other chemicals must be added to each set to give the greatest chance of a positive outcome of the procedure. This method of cloning holds my interest simply for the complexity of it and the absolutely precise conditions that must be maintained in order to have a successful batch of clones. It does take a lot longer (from specimen to flower start) to get things rolling but with conditions being perfect, there literally is a guaranteed 100% success rate in getting completely identical clones. There is also the small possibility of actually mixing strains straight into the culture and getting a hybrid of the two to grow without having to "breed" them, but I have my doubts on that claim. To me it would seem that one would bet more of a chimera, in essence two plants grafted together at the cellular level, than a pure mixing of the strains. Much like grafting a lemon branch onto an orange tree where years later you have an orange tree that also grows lemons on one branch. How this would be expressed with micropropagation is of concern to me, and holds high interest at the moment. If you have any thoughts on this I would be delighted to hear them. Please share as often as you like.

All I can really say is "WOW" :adore:

Your're the second person that had floored me. The first was Mr Smith

Harvested: New Flowerbox Test 1: Starting From Clones 4 x SD & 4 x GDP

Okay, folks! It is done! I chopped... ALL of them.

First the GDP. Next time I am going for the bag appeal, I will start introducing cold a week or two early. Live and learn, huh?

I took a look at the trichs and could not wait another week for them to get the purple, I had to harvest today, or lose potency. 21.4g harvest, or "wet" weight. These little things are QUITE dense.
031812081528.jpg
031812082313.jpg

Next we have the Green Fluffy Bunnies. Again very dense buds and a citrus/fruity scent that promises an almost "Mango" flavored smoke. I'm very much looking forward to trying this one for my migraines. Wet, it looked just like the meds I get from the co-op, so I have "high" hopes for this one. I harvested a couple days early, but I am trying to avoid as much couchlock as possible, because I need this for daytime... Any time really, but mostly daytime, as migraines strike me early in the morning, or at any time of the first part of the day, and rarely in the middle of the night. We still haven't figured out the trigger, but as these things go, sometimes there *is* no trigger. Doc says, sometimes, these things, "just happen". 15.9g harvest, or "wet" weight.
031812075619.jpg
031812081012.jpg

And finally we have Thing2, the unknown bagseed sativa dominant. Unlike her earlier sister, this one is NOT airy AT ALL! this "Budstick" is 8.5" tall and 17.4g harvest, or "wet" weight. By far the heaviest single stem in the bunch, and 2g heavier than the same volume of bud from GFB. She is ROCK HARD, and has twisty heavily swollen calyx, and crystals EVERY-FRIKKIN-WHERE. This is the Pride of the grow, actually, and I was thinking before the chop that it would be GFB. But Thing2 won out with her dense structure and 2g heavier harvest weight, and VERY LITTLE sugar leaves that needed trimming, when compared to the size of the buds. Speaking of, there are only three or four nugs TOTAL on this 8.5" budstick. I am quite proud of her performance. Now we shall see how she smokes.
031812075550.jpg
031812080334.jpg

Total combined trim weight was 9.5g. Which hopefully with the few little popcorn nugs after they are taken down out of the dry box will give enough for a stick of canna butter.

Total harvest weight 54.7g or 1.9oz. Not bad for 5 pigmy plants, huh? Should have about 1/4 to 1/2 oz when dry (Hopefully).

There will be a test smoke as they go into "the cure" and I will post them here

LOL yea "thank you" does quite nicely!

Just everything your looking into. Very impressive.

Hehe, I am, by nature a seeker of knowledge, and quite a "High Strung" one at that. So to satiate my never-ending curiosity, at the lighting speed that my brain likes to move, I do things in layers. While I was building the box, I had Test one, already cloned, and ready for the completion. While Test1 was running, I had everything vegging for Test2. Now with the completion of Test1, and with Test2 officially underway, I already have 16 clones almost rooted, and will veg the entire run of test2. It stays very busy in my grow space and that's the way it has to be for my noggin not to grow sludge.

I'm glad you found what I do interesting, even impressive. It makes me feel good to know someone likes what I've done. Surely, it lets me know that, while I feel I'm spinning my wheels, someone is watching, learning, gaining ideas, being inspired to push the envelope, or just enjoying the show. Whichever that is for you, at least I know that I'm not just sitting here, running in place for nothing! :cheesygrinsmiley: And that makes things alright, in my book.

Very impressive Buddy! Very!
Loved the look of Miss Thing!

Like you said...not back for pygmies. :bravo:

Hope they help with those dang headaches you have!

Well done.!
:thumb:

All I can do is smile, and say, "Thank you!"

I loved this test, as it was my first actual hydro flower in my life, and it was in a COMPLETELY UNHEARD-OF Cardboard Flower Box! An all around success in my book. Matrix will be updated in the main journal for the Cardboard Flowering Box soon.

All I can do is smile, and say, "Thank you!"

I loved this test, as it was my first actual hydro flower in my life, and it was in a COMPLETELY UNHEARD-OF Cardboard Flower Box! An all around success in my book. Matrix will be updated in the main journal for the Cardboard Flowering Box soon.

That's great..first time Hydro Flower.:high-five: I've never tried hydro either...my place is not suited for it. I have to haul all my water in and THsea can not be here all the time. I'll be looking for it in the main journal. :bravo:

:cheer:Harvest Dried:cheer:
Starting the cure: 12.2g (0.43oz) TOTAL WEIGHT
So a little over a quarter, but not quite a half ounce. Looks like I called it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

4.5g Ken's Grandaddy Purple
3.2g Green Fluffy Bunnies
4.5g Thing2

Thing2 has developed a STONG fuel smell. I'm thinking Sour Diesel...yes, it's that strong, but it has purple undertones, so we may just have a Blue Diesel on our hands! that would be cool.:thumb:

pics.
032112225256.jpg
Image832.jpg
Image842.jpg
Image822.jpg

Smoke Report

Bubble Hash:

Smooth, tasty, although still has a fresh taste still almost of alfalfa. Really needs to age a bit. Decent effects.

Bud:

GDP Has classic purple taste, although not as strong as it would be had I been able to get nighttime temps down below 61. Decent smoke, good for nighttime (zonked me out pretty well). I let it go long so there's a heavy couch lock and a mild pot hangover.

Green Fluffy Bunnies is quite good! Actually relieve a headache with 2 hits. Very uplifting, so it works well for depression, too. Still tastes fresh and green though so I put the rest up to age some.

Thing2 is quite the racy sativa indeed. Tastes of fuel badly, and feels like a Blue Diesel (
Sour Diesel x Blue Dream). So much in fact, that is what I shall call it henceforth.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom