New Ghetto Grow!

jtricer1973

57F5B322-F44F-461B-98F1-E4E2DB0DD5DF.jpeg
895C2F4F-1F9E-4FFB-BA76-2C5F132BF253.jpeg

Bag seed from some FIRE smoke!! Sprouted 16 days ago in some random potting soil. Have added some coffee grounds. Single LED bulb with cover ripped off for right now. 24 hours on. Started off slow I thought but seems to be taking off now! Gonna repot in a bigger container in a week or 2. Thanks

Be carful leaving water droplets on you’re leaves. It acts as a magnifying glass and burns the plant. In most cases leaving the beginner grower thinking “wtf is wrong with her?”

24-0 light schedule is okay, and nothing wrong with it, but I have found with experience, that an 18-6 schedule is the most profitable. Some have said that a plant most vigorous/robust growth, comes in their night time schedule. They rely on that night time.

But it’s up to you, on what and how you choose to grow. I’m just here to help :passitleft:

What kind of light are you using? If it’s what I think it is… those lights are hard to grow with because of the heat intensity. Because of the heat, you’ll have to keep the light farther away from the plant, which then excels an unhealthy stretching to happen. Then when you have the light close to avoid the stretching, it burns up the plant. I could be wrong and you using a different light then I’m thinking of though. :thumb:

The light you’ve might suffice for a few weeks, but I definitely wouldn’t want to flower her (granted it’s a female and not male, with it being a bag seed) with that light.

It’s fine to spray it, you just gotta be super careful you don’t leave water droplets left on the leaves.

The light you’ve might suffice for a few weeks, but I definitely wouldn’t want to flower her (granted it’s a female and not male, with it being a bag seed) with that light.

It’s fine to spray it, you just gotta be super careful you don’t leave water droplets left on the leaves.
Gonna order one of the cheapie led grow lights so hopefully that will do better. I’ve only ever grown once with multiple cfl bulbs.

Define weird. Short and stocky weird? LED with high blue spectrum promotes bushiness. The first few weeks from seed seem to take for ever with little change. Growth is exponential, so the bigger they are the faster they grow. Growing a 6 inch plant into a 2 foot bush or a 2 foot bush into a 6 foot plant, takes the same time as growing a seed into a 6 inch plant.

I am assuming the scale. Hight is measured from soil to the base of the top leaf node. If it is an Indica, then yes it may be a little slow. If it is a sativa you are not far off.

Genetics and grow setup have a lot to do with it. I started 2 Jamaican(sativa) seeds at the same time. One went into my hydroponics room and the other I gave to my uncle who grows in cheap soil. He already had a 6 week old 8 inch Indica. His Jamaican is just starting to flower at 14 inches. Mine is 5 foot and already flushing for this weekends harvest. His Indica is around a week from harvest.

You can't compare different genetics or grow setups and get any useful timeline. Unknown genetics aside, is this set up exactly the same as your previous grows? It is healthy and growing. Just be patient and soon you will be trying to keep her out of the lights. You made it through the high infant mortality rate phase so you are doing a good job.

I am assuming the scale. Hight is measured from soil to the base of the top leaf node. If it is an Indica, then yes it may be a little slow. If it is a sativa you are not far off.

Genetics and grow setup have a lot to do with it. I started 2 Jamaican(sativa) seeds at the same time. One went into my hydroponics room and the other I gave to my uncle who grows in cheap soil. He already had a 6 week old 8 inch Indica. His Jamaican is just starting to flower at 14 inches. Mine is 5 foot and already flushing for this weekends harvest. His Indica is around a week from harvest.

You can't compare different genetics or grow setups and get any useful timeline. Unknown genetics aside, is this set up exactly the same as your previous grows? It is healthy and growing. Just be patient and soon you will be trying to keep her out of the lights. You made it through the high infant mortality rate phase so you are doing a good job.
Thanks, it seems to have perked up and looking ok. Just got the new light on it this week. Repotted it last weekend. Watered with ph’d water and Fox farm the other day. Not sure of the variety. It was a bag seed from some really good smoke.

When should I pinch the main shoot off?
Topping should not be done before the 4th mature node. On the main stem where the 2 five finger leaves come out is one mature node. Looks like you have 3 going on 4 nodes but it is hard to see in the picture. Topping will stunt the plant growth for up to 2 weeks so make sure she is growing strong and healthy before topping.

I always wait until the plant grows above the fifth internode. I always top above the fifth and remove the bottom two internodes, leaving three in tact. Then I train those three out to the outside of the pot and let the middle fill in. I called this a hexline.

I always wait until the plant grows above the fifth internode. I always top above the fifth and remove the bottom two internodes, leaving three in tact. Then I train those three out to the outside of the pot and let the middle fill in. I called this a hexline.
Well put. I started to type that a few times but kept confusing myself when I read it back. Some plant do not bud well with topping but most do. The plants I do top, I top at 7 and remove branches at node 1 and 2. When I flip to flower branches at node 3 are cut to make 2 clones. I keep the better looking of the 2 clones in veg. and repeat.

Topping should not be done before the 4th mature node. On the main stem where the 2 five finger leaves come out is one mature node. Looks like you have 3 going on 4 nodes but it is hard to see in the picture. Topping will stunt the plant growth for up to 2 weeks so make sure she is growing strong and healthy before topping.
Looks like the top shoot is the third node

Back
Top Bottom